Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

This is just fine. The nature of his powers was always questionable. Even if it just ends up being Chuck doing the 'tough love' thing to keep him away for now.

I'm confused why Xavier (previous preacher of coexistence) seems to be the only one actively banning humans from Krakoa. He also didn't let Juggernaut come in, but we know that Krakoa allows for human immigrants because Kyle and Shogo live there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm confused why Xavier (previous preacher of coexistence) seems to be the only one actively banning humans from Krakoa. He also didn't let Juggernaut come in, but we know that Krakoa allows for human immigrants because Kyle and Shogo live there.
    There is no master plan. It might just be some misconception about Hickman but nothing in these stories is about establishing some model society, everything is just done to tell slightly different, new stories.

Mighty Member

So when are we getting a supervillain Franklin story?

If any character deserves to be turned into a villain, it's Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Exactly.
    I'm very eager for this to be addressed in X-Factor specifically.

Additionally, I am literally quaking in my boots for a story involving David/Prodigy bringing Tommy/Speed to Krakoa (Wiccan/Billy too, if they be so bold) to see what kind of insane reactions folks would have to the "Pretender's Children" (who I still embrace as mutants)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is just fine. The nature of his powers was always questionable. Even if it just ends up being Chuck doing the 'tough love' thing to keep him away for now.
    He wouldn't do it, he did everything to get him to Krakoa. They have Valeria and Reed to confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Exactly.
    I'm very eager for this to be addressed in X-Factor specifically.

Additionally, I am literally quaking in my boots for a story involving David/Prodigy bringing Tommy/Speed to Krakoa (Wiccan/Billy too, if they be so bold) to see what kind of insane reactions folks would have to the "Pretender's Children" (who I still embrace as mutants)
    See that's the type of mess/drama I would live for!! I literally brought up this storyline in the YA thread today.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    So when are we getting a supervillain Franklin story?

If any character deserves to be turned into a villain, it's Franklin.
    What did he do to deserve that honor/punishment? (i don't had a lot of expirience with his characther outside Hickman)
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    What did he do to deserve that honor/punishment? (i don't had a lot of expirience with his characther outside Hickman)
    IDK he just acts like kid Cable: full of hilself. He is also a case of teenage angsty and A-hole. Normal behavior for his age

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    There is no master plan. It might just be some misconception about Hickman but nothing in these stories is about establishing some model society, everything is just done to tell slightly different, new stories.
    I have seem many times that humans were said to not be welcomed, including Doctor Strange. Seems like humans are only welcomed if they are sons or romantic partners

His entire run under slot is angst teenager, with a God complex thinking he's better than all around him, his powers or lack thereof have been his only personality trait for over a year now. Not really villain worthy but that would be more interesting than what he currently has going on.

Mighty Member

He abused a blind lady and demanded to be thanked for it during the Herald of Doom Arc and War of the Realms tie in. You think I'm exaggerating, but I worked with enough blind people, mostly elderly, to call it abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    IDK he just acts like kid Cable: full of hilself. He is also a case of teenage angsty and A-hole. Normal behavior for his age
    I wish he acted more like Cable. He was a Cable clone in the 90s and was enjoyable in a guilty pleasure fashion. This one is just trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    His entire run under slot is angst teenager, with a God complex thinking he's better than all around him, his powers or lack thereof have been his only personality trait for over a year now. Not really villain worthy but that would be more interesting than what he currently has going on.
    Entitlement leading to villainy is certainly better than a god complex screaming into the void using circular reasoning.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 11-18-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    And also: Why does losing his powers make his X-Gen disappear?

Shouldn't it cause everything he's done with his powers to disappear?

Like, the whole multiverse.
    Exactly. If he warped reality to make himself a mutant, then HE IS A MUTANT, that's the new reality. The things he makes don't dissapear when he makes them. If he gave himself the X-gene (which other characters have done before) than he is a mutant. Also, why would a baby warp reality to be a mutant? Franklin didn't suddently start being refered as a mutant in his teens. He's been canonically a mutant in comics ever since he was at least a toddler.
    I doubt he even knew what mutants were. And it's not like he cared all that much even much more recently.
    Last edited by President Togekiss; 11-18-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    In the Days of Future Present crossover, 5-year-old Franklin tried to make himself not a mutant anymore, and his powers were draining away then too.

"plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose"
    Well actually that was his alternate future self from 811 who was draining Franklin's powers (as well as Rachel's) to exist so that wasn't the case.

Meanwhile I wonder if what is actually happening behind the scenes is that Reed and Xavier have been chatting and they concocted this story for an unknown reason which will be revealed later. There HAS to be something as brewing as the amount of resources and marketing put into launching Hickman's line.

But if not this is some bullshit given we were subjected to that awful mini this year.

I am guessing that Xavier part was either Franklin imagining it, or Xavier putting on an act. He'll get his powers and x-gene back later on, and then he'll realize he doesn't need to be a mutant and should just be called Alex because minority safe spaces are bad.

I personally think Speed would be a great addition to the X-universe, specially since Quicksilver (who Tommy more or less "Inherits" from) has always been much more of an X-men character than an Avengers one.