Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think Bendis was working at DC when young Cable was introduced.
    So would that mean Kid Cable is his way to give Marvel the bird?

>OK art.
    >Sinister and Gorgon and Scott/Jean were the best parts of this... and the title character was the worst.
    >I'm glad there were sword fights!
    >The character page doesn't list Death as, well, dead. I hope he survived the vampires and his being listed as alive wasn't a mistake. I like him. Maybe the vampires made him undead. :P
    >Kid Cable killed OG Cable for being 'weak' but can't kill a remorseless enemy to save the planet because she somehow married to a guy he barely knows? Pathetic.
    >Gorgon proved why he's a Captain. Taking out a handful while blind, too? Epic.
    >Saturnyne sure knows how to screw with both sides of this tournament. Gorgon wracked up those points!
    >Save the day, Mr & Mrs Summers! Or whatever you are now.

Favourite panels...
    c1.jpg
    c2.jpg
    c3.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-18-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    She was absolutely wearing gloves. The colorist may not have noticed....
    Shaw may not care? We don’t even know if mutant on mutant violence is illegal yet

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    But seriously i consider it hypocritical because in Second Coming he mourns his son after sacrificing himself for Hope and them we get to the arrival of Kid Cable after killing the OG version and torturing/maming mimic and yet all is forgiven and somehow we have to accept this as a "my bad"? No dice.
    Not sure what you expected Scott to be thinking, seeing as how he was dead and then locked in a bunker for weeks. He kind of came to grips with things when the X-Men vanished, humanity cured mutantism, and whoever was left was massacred.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    He got caught off guard because he tried to turn 4, 5 and 6 into stone but 6's eyes were shielded and Gorgon did not know. But, if this is just about the art not doing fast paced and fluid action well, then yeah.
    For the Sword's maneuver to pay off, Gorgon would've had to stay perfectly (read: comically) still. Given how the dude dispatched three Swords in two moves and how his actual powers are kept as vague as possible to justify him being a God Tier borderline precog melee fighter, the scene just came off as silly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not sure what you expected Scott to be thinking, seeing as how he was dead and then locked in a bunker for weeks. He kind of came to grips with things when the X-Men vanished, humanity cured mutantism, and whoever was left was massacred.
    I really don't think it makes difference, it wasn't different from Decimations. And it was much shorter than decimation
    it is really weird that everyone is fine with Kid Cable killing older Cable and the implictions on timeline

Is there anyway we can get OG Cable back? I really want him back, i never liked him that much but i would rather have him than this crap Bendis stuck us with.
    It was Brisson creation. Why do you think this was bendis creation?

I have a feeling this was something Hickman asked, just as Xandra was.
    Last edited by baxer; 11-18-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

Where's Rachel? If this book is. gonna be a family book where Scott and Jean constantly worry over and coddle baby Cable, it'd be great if she was included in the family panic.

Fantastic Member

Is there anyway we can get OG Cable back? I really want him back, i never liked him that much but i would rather have him than this crap Bendis stuck us with.
    Old Cable has been appearing in a subplot in the Cable series. I think they'll get back to addressing that once X of Swords goes away.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

And Scott lovers always gotta make a reason to love him, see that? We can do that to!

But seriously i consider it hypocritical because in Second Coming he mourns his son after sacrificing himself for Hope and them we get to the arrival of Kid Cable after killing the OG version and torturing/maming mimic and yet all is forgiven and somehow we have to accept this as a "my bad"? No dice.

Frankly the only other character i consider an even bigger disappoint than Summers is Logan who is even a worse parental/father/husband than him.
    ???

So, he's supposed to do what? Kill his son for...killing his son, who's himself? Telling his son he doesn't want to see him anymore...because he's not the son Scott raised until he was 12, except that he actually is? Say he doesn't want to see him anymore...until he's a middle-aged/old man, in which case he'll lovingly receive him with open arms?

Again, what exactly you expect Scott to do. Enlighten us, in details.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I really don't think it makes difference, it wasn't different from Decimations. And it was much shorter than decimation
    it is really weird that everyone is fine with Kid Cable killing older Cable and the implictions on timeline

It was Brisson creation. Why do you think this was bendis creation?

I have a feeling this was something Hickman asked, just as Xandra was.
    My bad in that aspect at least...still wish him gone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    ???

So, he's supposed to do what? Kill his son for...killing his son, who's himself? Telling his son he doesn't want to see him anymore...because he's not the son Scott raised until he was 12, except that he actually is? Say he doesn't want to see him anymore...until he's a middle-aged/old man, in which case he'll lovingly receive him with open arms?

Again, what exactly you expect Scott to do. Enlighten us, in details.
    I expect nothing from him, i haven't for a very long time now and this will not be any different.

Sorry if my answer isn't very detailed or enlightening but i don't see why it has to be in the first place its not like I'm trying to convince people, especially for this fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Where's Rachel? If this book is. gonna be a family book where Scott and Jean constantly worry over and coddle baby Cable, it'd be great if she was included in the family panic.
    Isn't she babying that magical creature in X-factor?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Surprised White Sword didn't snag Gorgon for his super-duper suicide squad, as then he won't be Otherworld-dead and has potential to come back later. Could have happened off panel.
    I think he's fair, he gave him a choice, I think white sword is honourable, all his fighters though linked to him now were probably willing to fight by his side 'forever' so because Gorgon refused.WS just let him be, it's not like Gorgon is the best among them, if they are all regular immortals maybe,but some of them could have unique and deadly powers too

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think he's fair, he gave him a choice, I think white sword is honourable, all his fighters though linked to him now were probably willing to fight by his side 'forever' so because Gorgon refused.WS just let him be, it's not like Gorgon is the best among them, if they are all regular immortals maybe,but some of them could have unique and deadly powers too
    While it's kind of tough to tell how "Actually All There..." The White Sword is, the move when it came to The Gorgon felt like it lined up with what he did when it came to Doug.

Isn't she babying that magical creature in X-factor?
    Ok and... Jean is 1 of 12 government officials and Cyclops is the head commander of the entire nation, somehow I find it hard to believe that they have time to show up in Cable’s book but Rachel doesn’t.