Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Gorgon deserves a huge statue or monument on Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Gorgon deserves a huge statue or monument on Krakoa
    100% agree Both Gorgon and Alchemy deserve a statue/monument for their sacrifice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Surprised White Sword didn't snag Gorgon for his super-duper suicide squad, as then he won't be Otherworld-dead and has potential to come back later. Could have happened off panel.
    Gorgon didn't wanted to be White Sword's knight

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    100% agree Both Gorgon and Alchemy deserve a statue/monument for their sacrifice.
    Alchemy may be resurrected.

They can put Gorgon's statue in the middle of the Rocksilde monument. The stone kid and the guy who turned people to stone.

All-New Member

This week was much better than last week. especially loved this issue and hellions.

Gorgon was great, If he stays dead who's gonna replace him as a captain?

Interested to see what Scott and Jean are gonna do. Maybe something involving the SWORD peak, that plot point has really been resolved has it.

Also loved the sinister vs kitty interaction lol

Extraordinary Member

Why did this issue and last last week's Marauders treat Magik as a kid just like Cable and Cypher? She's seen as much death as anyone, literally grew up in hell, and has even killed people she loved. It's weird how earlier in the event she's treated as a veteran warrior who needs to train Cypher and keep an eye on Cable, one issue she's discussing enemy strengths and weaknesses with her fellow captain Gorgon, then the next issue of the same series has her fangirling over Isca while the enemy talks about how she and Cable had soft childhoods and this issue has Apocalypse treating her the same as Cable and Cypher in reacting to Gorgon's death.

As I said before, I think Saturnyne is protecting Doug and Nathan, the two who are not only young but inexperienced and afraid. She showed a soft spot for baby Shogo, has kept Doug from fighting at all, and changed the definition of 'to the death' to spare Nathan. The question is whether she's doing the same for Magik putting her up against Pogg twice without allowing the use of swords. I don't think she is. The second match would presumably entail a chance of death even if it wasn't inherently to the death.

Noto art was really bad here. I hope they would give this issue for artist who could give Gorgon's fight justice. Cassara would kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by deus ex View Post
    This week was much better than last week. especially loved this issue and hellions.

Gorgon was great, If he stays dead who's gonna replace him as a captain?
    Without wanting to offend anyone, I hope it won't be Wolverine

Spectacular Member

Was actually rather disappointed in Gorgon dying. Though to clarify it isn't his death that disappoints me but more that because he died I will never really learn much about him. He was raised to a captain but except for this one battle I don't think I ever saw him in a battle except for X-men #4. Would have liked to see him use his mutant power at least once before he died. Seems like if he took the mask off he would have been able to turn all of White Swords warriors to stone at least before they blinded him.

Do have a few questions though. Can White Sword conscript anyone into his army or does the person have to be willing? Also is there a limit of the number he can control (100) warriors or could it be infinite. Was wishing that Gorgon would have used his sword at the end and killed the White Sword instead of just accepting his death and letting himself be impaled.

So one more major battle and then we get to see Krakoa's tenth Champion Scott Summers arrive with his S.W.O.R.D and chase all the Arakko's back to their own realm.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Le sigh. I cannot efffin' believe the Krakoans have *literally* been sitting/standing around and waiting, lol.

Anyway. Good issue overall, but holy hell was that Gorgon/White Sword fight horribly mapped out. Just... wow.

Wolverine already leads the X-Force strike team, so he probably can't.

They need someone to be a bodyguard for the Council. A trained assassin. X-23 could be a good option.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Noto art was really bad here. I hope they would give this issue for artist who could give Gorgon's fight justice. Cassara would kill it.
    Not really. You've not seen much to think Cassara draws good fights. It'd be better than Noto, yes, but Noto has no concept of what action is.

BANNED

Laura is too young, Gorgon was more experienced and the role is boring for Laura.

what about the Grey Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wolverine already leads the X-Force strike team, so he probably can't.

They need someone to be a bodyguard for the Council. A trained assassin. X-23 could be a good option.
    Why? With the exception of Kitty, Charles, & maybe Kurt everyone on that council is a potential S - Tier level threat and Scott is always outside during the meetings.

Mighty Member

Gorgon’s fight was great. I kind of hope that White Sword will resurrect him and let him go free (out of respect) like he did when he healed Doug (out of deceitful tactics).