Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default SPOILERS: Fantastic Four #26

It begins with Man Thing in Florida protecting the nexus and about to attack a man investigating the portal. When he attacks the man is set aflame and it turns out it's Johnny, he's there investigating the portal alongside Sky. They discuss her being here, the potential of the portals and things like that.
    The next scene is what we saw in the preview, Sue and Reed holding a press conference while Val has figured out how to control the Forever Gate. She uses to find the Prince from the first issue, finds out his culture is polyamorous (so he has multiple consorts that he loves equally) and runs home crying to Franklin.

NOW THIS PART IS BIG. Franklin gets the device from Val and plans to use the Forever Gate to got to Krakoa. Suddenly, Xavier mentally contacts him and reveals that Franklin is not a mutant and never was a mutant. As a kid he accidently used his cosmic powers to give himself the X-gene - so he is not welcome on Krakoa.

Late, Alex and Julie Powers parents and Onome's father have come to the FF for their missing kids. The FF decide to use the Forever Gate to bring them back and now the Future Foundation are back!
    Also, Lyja's back which leads to a big fight with Johnny and his "soulmate" Sky. But they are not the only ones coming through the gate... Countless aliens pour through the gate but are not aggressive or invading, it is revealed that they are all beings that Franklin created while the team were rebuilding the multiverse. The reason why they are copming to earth is that they are escaping the threat from the first issue of this run - The Griever!
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I have been saying Franklin is a false God and fraud since the beginning so I loved this issue felt so much validation, also Skye and Johnny are about to be done it's for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I have been saying Franklin is a false God and fraud since the beginning so I loved this issue felt so much validation, also Skye and Johnny are about to be done it's for the best.
    Not for the best when the rapist is back...

Good jumping off point for me. Not feeling Johnny and the wing lady and cebrero somehow being smarter than reed and val combined and able to independently think and theorize an entire solution for Franklyn that no one has been able to do is a river too far jumped for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Art is beautiful and I'm glad Lyja is back but the mutant scene was brutal.

Slott just loves misery and reminded me why I hated his Spider-man run.

Also, where did Rikki Barnes go?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I actually laughed out loud at Johnny, Sky and Lyja together, because it put Johnny in a very sticky situation.

Also, if I'm to be honest, part of me wanted Franklin to be a non-x-gene mutant all these years.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Franklin is an obnoxious little **** all this humbling will be good for him in the long run *shrugs* or he'll become a super villain either way better than what he has going on now.

Mighty Member

I have a few questions:

1. Why has Franklin's powers never come up before? He has lost his powers many, many times before, yet this is the first time the "you're not a mutant" nonsense has come up.
    2. Was this even part of Hickman's plan when he put down Franklin as an omega-level mutant?
    3. Is Xavier being a manipulative douchebag again? It's not like this is unprecedented.
    4. What's with the Sinister scene about wanting Franklin's DNA? Is this going to be another dropped plotpoint?
    5. Hello, Future Foundation. Glad to see you're still around.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I have a few questions:

1. Why has Franklin's powers never come up before? He has lost his powers many, many times before, yet this is the first time the "you're not a mutant" nonsense has come up.
    2. Was this even part of Hickman's plan when he put down Franklin as an omega-level mutant?
    3. Is Xavier being a manipulative douchebag again? It's not like this is unprecedented.
    4. What's with the Sinister scene about wanting Franklin's DNA? Is this going to be another dropped plotpoint?
    5. Hello, Future Foundation. Glad to see you're still around.
    1. Lazy Writing or Red Herring
    2. Probably Not
    3. Xavier is an ******* a cocky one at that who's really up his own ass at this point in time so wouldn't be shocked.
    4. Probably not going anywhere, but if it is Franklin's been on Krakoa a great deal of times now he likely has it.
    5. I agree welcome back.

Extraordinary Member

Wait. I’m confused. I thought the Future Foundation have been on Earth since the end of their series? Weren’t they on the beach?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wait. I’m confused. I thought the Future Foundation have been on Earth since the end of their series? Weren’t they on the beach?
    They were just on another world. That's really it.

Why does Marvel keep doing this "Jk, they actually WEREN'T mutants in all those 20 years of publications". They did with the Maximoffs, and now Franklin. Just because a character isn't in an X-men book, it doesn't mean they can't be a mutant.
    This is going right into my list of "Stupid Retcons I'm gonna ignore and expect the next writer to undo".

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Franklin is an obnoxious little **** all this humbling will be good for him in the long run *shrugs* or he'll become a super villain either way better than what he has going on now.
    HyperStorm

Mighty Member

I'm hoping Franklin becomes some kind of power stealing supervillain. It will at least make him interesting.