Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I guess it's time to bring back my theory that Franklin's powers are similar to Sue's in that they are tied to Hyperspace, but his are boosted exponentially...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I actually laughed out loud at Johnny, Sky and Lyja together, because it put Johnny in a very sticky situation.

Also, if I'm to be honest, part of me wanted Franklin to be a non-x-gene mutant all these years.
    Of course I'm wondering what this means for the Days/Future/Passed timelines and continuity. Hyperstorm only has one mutant parent (or no longer is possibly existing). What others could have known this? Nathaniel? etc.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I guess it's time to bring back my theory that Franklin's powers are similar to Sue's in that they are tied to Hyperspace, but his are boosted exponentially...
    Hmmmmm. Cosmic radiation altered the 4, but the radiation also affected the offspring, or in Franklin's case.

Does this lend itself to Celestial type energies or outcomes? Maybe Franklin, possibly Sue and the others' abilities liken them more to Celestials/Eternals.

I ve said this before, but consistency is not one of this book's strongpoints:

They're all really more powerful than most others.

1 Johnny can Nova and other things that are really super super

2 Sue, we always talk endlessly about how powerful she really is

3 Ben - he is a living rock. every molecule is informed by his mind, which is probably why the human/thing cycle was just not understood enough to effect the control he needed. The many various 'cures' messed with that, leading to the current status quo. But he is underwritten in his power and abilities.

4 Reed, likewise the thing. Every single molecule in his body has the same intelligence and consciousness, plus the abilities to stretch. This is why there is no question to how his organs work. They just do what they need to do!.

So obviously a child would be more concentrated Celestial type energies.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

they didn't even have the decency to do this and make frank more boring before zdarsky wrote his shitty mini, disgusting
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I posted this in another thread, but this is the first time in a long time a comic has made me angry. Franklin’s revelation, much like Wanda and Pietro, is pure grade A bullshit. There are SO MANY reasons why this is bullshit, based on 50 years of comics that show alternate futures and timelines. He was mutant enough to be in the DOFP camps. If he was mutant enough to register on Cerebro, then he was mutant enough to have a backup as well. Ditto for Pietro and Wanda. Franklin’s lost his powers before. Why is it NOW an issue? Also, “no longer welcome”... They’ll let Sinister, who isn’t a real mutant, be part of the council, but Juggernaut and Franklin... are not welcome. What about Longshot and Spiral and Mimic, who are all non-mutants? Or human allies they’ve had over the years? Ugh.

As for the rest of the book... I’m so glad Lyja is back. I’ve always loved her. However, she’s not acting like Lyja... she’s acting like a typical Skrull. Maybe we need more interactions. I wasn’t happy about the Future Foundation breaking up... At least Bentley and Dragon Man are sticking around. It was sad though...

I recently started Slotts run and everything from the start up to now feels temporary (aside from the retcon about the origin of the FF). I think Franklin is still a mutant and the problem with his powers has something to do with the griever. As for Charles it could be something to do with the current situation on Krakoa or maybe Slott just wanted to further seperate FF and the X-men and didn't really thought this through.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not for the best when the rapist is back...
    What rapist?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What rapist?
    Lyja. Line of thought being that since she impersonated Alicia, any sex Johnny had with her was fraudulent.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

What rapist?
    Lyja

(10 char)

I recognize the opinions of one of the fans on the fanpage...

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    HyperStorm
    Hyperstorm was Franklin and Rachel's son not Franklin himself.

Mighty Member

During the Hickman run, Franklin did briefly take the name.

Seriously, the mere fact his has evil kids is evidence for his mutant nature. Mutants have the highest amount of evil alternate kids per capita.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Probably using Hyperstorm as a reference for what a villainous Franklin would be like.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Lyja. Line of thought being that since she impersonated Alicia, any sex Johnny had with her was fraudulent.
    This reminds me of Superior Spider-Man Doc Ock and Anna Maria Marconi...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of Superior Spider-Man Doc Ock and Anna Maria Marconi...
    Lyja is an actual rapist because Johnny knows who Alicia is, consented to relations with the person he knew as Alicia, and then it was not Alicia.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate