Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    While I agree with you about Lyja, I don't see Skye as being much better. She put an unconscious man in her bed, stripped him of his clothes, put an arm band on him, and then when he wakes up, calls him her soulmate. I guess technically she isn't a rapist, but still, none of this was consensual. I don't want to see Johnny with either one of these women.
    Seriously, what is with the weird consent thing with Johnny Storm and acting like it's okay?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Seriously, what is with the weird consent thing with Johnny Storm and acting like it's okay?
    That's why he just needs to be bisexual date Bobby and settle down

That doesn't make sense. Sinister also gave himself an X-Gene rather than being born a mutant and he's accepted in Krakoa and considered mutant enough.

to be fair they are generally more lax with sinister because they need his science and archives
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Mystique has done the same thing as Lyra, only she didn’t lay an egg afterwards

Astonishing Member

If they wanted to get rid of his Mutant status sure, the reaction from both the F4 side, and the X side of the fan base really saw the others being in the wrong, and their's in the right so I feel removing the connections is a good thing. But not like this, if it was me I would have had Franklin use the last of his powers to rewrite himself this means having his X gene gone, but he changes it into an Inhuman one. The F4 and the Inhumans are much closer then the Mutants so they are on better terms, and from it the Inhumans were much less controling in who comes and who goes for New Attilian at least.
    This would also maybe allow Franklin to gain a new set of Powers cause his are/were pretty OP, beforehand he had a child inexperience but now a change would be good, anyways I would have made it so he could manipulate vectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Sinister also gave himself an X-Gene rather than being born a mutant and he's accepted in Krakoa and considered mutant enough.
    best I can think is maybe because Franklin's powers are depleted and they probably have no clue how to bring them back, Franklin as a human would be more trouble than he's worth allowing on Krakoa. I mean his parents did invade their land once already, the FF and the Krakoan may be on more amicable terms but I don't think they are on good enough terms to just let him on if he's no longer a mutant or even a false-mutant that would be a asset to the security.

that may be giving too much credit tho. ultimately I think the retcon is silly but I've never really liked the Fantastic Four all that much and Franklin's powers were always OP in a way that I didn't care for either so meh, no skin off my bones. I don't dislike it as much as Quicksilve and Scarlet Witch's retcon but still silly. now if they were to retcon that Namor isn't a mutant anymore then I'd be truly in an uproar.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-18-2020 at 03:05 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Lyja is an actual rapist because Johnny knows who Alicia is, consented to relations with the person he knew as Alicia, and then it was not Alicia.
    That isn’t rape. Deception maybe. But not rape. And Johnny continued “relations” with her after the fact.

And let’s not forget John willingly stole who he thought was Alicia away from Ben.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 11-18-2020 at 04:18 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That isn’t rape. Deception maybe. But not rape. And Johnny continued “relations” with her after the fact.

And let’s not forget John willingly stole who he thought was Alicia away from Ben.
    It literally is, and Johnny "stole" no one. Also Alicia is a person not an object or belonging.
    Johnny didn't even get with Lyja after the reveal. She lied saying she was pregnant to stay in his life, then she stalked him after that. Writers tries to get them together but thankfully that fell through after Onslaught.

Lyja is a sexual predator and manipulator.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wait, the X-Men have accepted Mr Sinister? The guy who ordered the genocide of the Morlocks?

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

This issue makes the Ff xmen crossover literally pointless. Xavier is pretty harsh character now. You'd think that you'd be nicer to a possible godlike character who can essentially wipe your mutants away with a thought.

Also, griever is Val. Some version of her. Put money down on it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    best I can think is maybe because Franklin's powers are depleted and they probably have no clue how to bring them back, Franklin as a human would be more trouble than he's worth allowing on Krakoa. I mean his parents did invade their land once already, the FF and the Krakoan may be on more amicable terms but I don't think they are on good enough terms to just let him on if he's no longer a mutant or even a false-mutant that would be a asset to the security.
    The FF were there to look for their missing children, they would have come as friendly visitors except Krakoa is a closed society by choice. The fact Krkaoa would let them visit to do that speaks volumes about they've changed post-House of X. It's not Krkaoa accepts governmental jurisdictions when they have their own missions, they have specific teams made for this work like the Marauders - who are in a cold war with Russia at the moment. Not being a mutant isn't a security risk, the "X-men" should be above xenophobia. Franklin was a means to an end to krakoa, not an actual family, that was propaganda.

that may be giving too much credit tho. ultimately I think the retcon is silly but I've never really liked the Fantastic Four all that much and Franklin's powers were always OP in a way that I didn't care for either so meh, no skin off my bones. I don't dislike it as much as Quicksilve and Scarlet Witch's retcon but still silly. now if they were to retcon that Namor isn't a mutant anymore then I'd be truly in an uproar.
    This would be a easy to fix, just get a mutant to inject DNA - that's why Sinister's allowed there and he didn't do that with consent. Being a mutant isn't as defining to Namor as an Atlantean is.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Also, griever is Val. Some version of her. Put money down on it.
    Valeria Von Doom from Secret Wars, maybe?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    to be fair they are generally more lax with sinister because they need his science and archives
    But fans shouldn't as he is a nazi. He worked with them on the past so a nazi like Hydra

What is Valeria age? I think she is 5 years younger than Franklin.

Amazing Member

These kids' ages have always confused me. Earlier in this run we saw Valeria taking a driving test, which means she has to be at least 16. However, a five years difference would make Franklin 21, and I know he's not that old.