Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It literally is, and Johnny "stole" no one. Also Alicia is a person not an object or belonging.
    Johnny didn't even get with Lyja after the reveal. She lied saying she was pregnant to stay in his life, then she stalked him after that. Writers tries to get them together but thankfully that fell through after Onslaught.

Lyja is a sexual predator and manipulator.
    Eye roll at the comment.

John indeed stole Ben’s gf and did it consciously as he thought she was really Alicia. And he absolutely got back with Lyja after the fact. She didn’t force sex on him. He was gladly banging one of his best friend’s girlfriends.

I also made sure to include the apostrophe to indicate possession.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 11-18-2020 at 07:59 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    These kids' ages have always confused me. Earlier in this run we saw Valeria taking a driving test, which means she has to be at least 16. However, a five years difference would make Franklin 21, and I know he's not that old.
    If Franklin was 21 he could go to Krakoa witout their parent authorization, I remember him being 16. Makes no sense Valeria taking a drive test

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Eye roll at the comment.

John indeed stole Ben’s gf and did it consciously as he thought she was really Alicia. And he absolutely got back with Lyja after the fact. She didn’t force sex on him. He was gladly banging one of his best friend’s girlfriends.

I also made sure to include the apostrophe to indicate possession.
    Eye roll all you want. It's still rape. There is no difference between what happened with Namor in his book with Llyra and that was shown to be sexual assault.
    Johnny consented with who he thought was Alicia, not Lyja. If Lyja was a male skrull I'm sure many of you would understand this then. HE DIDN'T CONSENT TO SLEEPING WITH LYJA.

Not to mention her faking a pregnancy and then stalking him as Laura Green later...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Eye roll all you want. It's still rape. There is no difference between what happened with Namor in his book with Llyra and that was shown to be sexual assault.
    Johnny consented with who he thought was Alicia, not Lyja. If Lyja was a male skrull I'm sure many of you would understand this then. HE DIDN'T CONSENT TO SLEEPING WITH LYJA.

Not to mention her faking a pregnancy and then stalking him as Laura Green later...

He sure as heck slept with her after the fact. Even married her in one timeline.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

He sure as heck slept with her after the fact. Even married her in one timeline.
    Bad writing doesn't mean it's not rape and alternate timelines mean nothing.

Bad writing doesn't mean it's not rape and alternate timelines mean nothing.
    So now we are calling writers bad at their job . Ooookay. Lmao.

Actually those FF stories were such big sellers at that time they had two spinoff books. Writing must not have been that bad.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Dan Slott has to clean up other writers' messes again just like with Iron Man.

At least this will free up Franklin from that resurrection stuff so now his life is actually in danger.
    "Cable was right!"

So now we are calling writers bad at their job . Ooookay. Lmao.

Actually those FF stories were such big sellers at that time they had two spinoff books. Writing must not have been that bad.
    It's bad writing because it went against how the characters would realistically react. Sue would never welcome someone like Lyja in her home, Johnny would never forgive someone that did that to him.

It's another case of media not taking the sexual assault if men seriously. If the same thing happened to Sue, things would be very different.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_by_deception
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-18-2020 at 09:55 PM.

edited post.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-19-2020 at 01:47 AM.

So now we are calling writers bad at their job .
    When they don't understand what consent means, yes they are. Writers get called out on less.

Sales do not always equal quality. Civil War also sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    But fans shouldn't as he is a nazi. He worked with them on the past so a nazi like Hydra

What is Valeria age? I think she is 5 years younger than Franklin.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    These kids' ages have always confused me. Earlier in this run we saw Valeria taking a driving test, which means she has to be at least 16. However, a five years difference would make Franklin 21, and I know he's not that old.
    Yeah, they used to be 3 and 8 before Secret Wars. They were supposed to age up five years, but it's more like 10. Maybe Franklin had previously been reality warping himself to stay young, and has now used it to warp his and Val's ages up? He aged himself up enough to still be older than Val, but not by as much as her. I'd say they're now 13 and 16.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

That didn't make any of the above right. He slept with Alicia Masters, not Lyra - because she was a Skull spy who took Alicia's place.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

He sure as heck slept with her after the fact.
    I don't know of any issue after the revelation of Lyja's egg as a weapon and before Onslaught (when they were at least civil to one another) that they slept with each other.
    Even married her in one timeline.
    The MC2 universe with the F5. Created by Lyja creator Tom DeFalco no less. Sure, but in 616, that got annulled. I think it was an annulment and not divorce because it could have been ruled that the marriage was void from the beginning because of the misrepresentation of Alicia's identity.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Lyja was with John as an on again off again couple. Of course they were intimate.

I’m not saying her deception was not wrong. Even though she was forced to do it.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Lyja was with John as an on again off again couple. Of course they were intimate.
    That may be so, but were there panels like these?

These conveniently came from Brian Cronin's article "Don't Worry, Thing, the Torch Would Never Make a Move On Your Girlfriend!" over a year ago.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES