View Poll Results: How would you rate the original 52 series that after Infinite Crisis?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Book. I loved it!

22 70.97%
  • Good

7 22.58%
  • Decent, Not bad

2 6.45%
  • Meh...

0 0%
    BANNED

Default How would you rate the original 52 series that happened after Infinite Crisis?

I have recently read this book which I was pretty unaware of before and I think it is underappreciated. This is the first time in quite some time, I couldn't enough of a series. I loved the character driven stories amongst how Elongated Man or Booster Gold is being written this.

52 the weekly series--not the thing spawned by that Flashpoint shenanigans--was very impressive both for the magnitude of the series itself and for the high level of quality and its sustainment over that entire year.

One of the GOAT DC series. A book entirely focused on the underserved B & C-Listers? That showed them being badass and cool instead of event fodder for the Trinity to cry over? A book where freaking MISTER MIND was the big bad? It was absolutely fantastic.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One of the GOAT DC series. A book entirely focused on the underserved B & C-Listers? That showed them being badass and cool instead of event fodder for the Trinity to cry over? A book where freaking MISTER MIND was the big bad? It was absolutely fantastic.
    Agreed. As much as I detested the widowing of Elongated Man, showcasing his detective chops was wonderful, as was Booster Gold's journey. Mad Scientist Island was another treat the series offered up.

This was a great book! I loved every issues. And the fact that it came out every week made it that much more fun. I am a huge fan of Booster so this was great. And Elongated Man with the line about how Plastic Man was the hoke while he was the detective. Man I loved that as Plastic man is one of my least favorite characters in all of comics.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think a lot it has lot to do with those characters were being pushed by DC on mainstream media during that time. Justice League Unlimited had a lot of panel time with those characters. They should try that more often instead of bulging around with A list characters all the time.

Extraordinary Member

I loved it and everyone they used.

My only complaint was using Wonder Girl as a heartbroken widower for Superboy who would stupidly join a cult. And the rushing of what happened in the final two weeks with the World War III tie ins.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I loved it and everyone they used.

My only complaint was using Wonder Girl as a heartbroken widower for Superboy who would stupidly join a cult. And the rushing of what happened in the final two weeks with the World War III tie ins.
    I agree that it got a bit frantic toward the end. If I remember right, 52 was something of an accident. It was a quickie title they were going to use to fill in some blanks between events, and it just took on a life of its own. And what a life...

But a consequence of that was that its pacing wasn't as carefully planned out as it might have been.

It starts off really strong, and is great book but I did feel the first half and the setup was more exciting then its resolutions. Still highly recommend though

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I liked some of the story arcs more than others, but, overall it's the high-water mark for weekly comics series that no one else has managed to top.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Hands down the best DC mini/maxi series in the last 30 years.
    That all involved managed to construct a coherent and enjoyable story that came out like clockwork every week is straight up amazing.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

52 is one of my favorite series. I don't think it tied together all of its storylines especially well but that somehow didn't detract from the enjoyment I got out of it week after week.