Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 105 of 105
  1. #91
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I don't think the smoke was part of it,the smoke came first and he alluded to it being for obscuring cameras.Maybe his failsafe is on Marauders only, if you think he could have vapourised all ,but chose only Greycrow.Though it is possible he killed the others in different ways for style and sport instead of using the button for all but the last kill. I smell something fishy here.He could do that to any Krakoan I think
    It does seem like they might have left it murky intentionally.

    That said, it really did stick out that one of their powers was seeming compromised as soon as that stuff came into play.

    As for it being "Maurauders Only..."?

    It does seem like this is right in the aftermath of not only some of the team threatening him directly, but the rest of the Council essentially hanging him out to dry. Feels kinda like he is working an angle and settling scores all in one fell swoop.

    Not so much "This Team Only..." as "This Is The Team He Could Do This To With The Smallest Chance Of Being Caught..."

  2. #92
    of House Bolton Ramsay Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Holy f. This was wild. I thought it couldn't get more shocking after Greycrow stabbed Manuel, but the last three pages had me gagging.

    Wells is so good. He always shines writing event tie-ins, like in Necrosha.

    This is slightly off-topic, but in regard to Wells, what would you consider to be some of his best work? I've enjoyed Hellions quite a bit, so far, and it's the first time I've read anything by him......Is his run on New Mutants solid?

  3. #93
    Hi, Sage. nandes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    This is slightly off-topic, but in regard to Wells, what would you consider to be some of his best work? I've enjoyed Hellions quite a bit, so far, and it's the first time I've read anything by him......Is his run on New Mutants solid?
    His run on New Mutants is pretty much one of the best "recent" X-Books (well not exactly recent bc it's a decade old now). Just like Hellions it merges disturbing action scenes with strong character work really well

  4. #94
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It does seem like they might have left it murky intentionally.

    That said, it really did stick out that one of their powers was seeming compromised as soon as that stuff came into play.

    As for it being "Maurauders Only..."?

    It does seem like this is right in the aftermath of not only some of the team threatening him directly, but the rest of the Council essentially hanging him out to dry. Feels kinda like he is working an angle and settling scores all in one fell swoop.

    Not so much "This Team Only..." as "This Is The Team He Could Do This To With The Smallest Chance Of Being Caught..."
    Yeah the last explanation makes the most sense, as in he can always play it to Greycrow that 'stay in line or else..' while the rest of the Hellions will just put it down to him having a single vendetta ,when in fact he has kill switches for them all.To make it worse he may play the jester here ,and yet could have kill switches on all those to be resurrected or who have been ressurected, he is no fool.He plays the long game.Wonder if telepaths won't sniff out that this Sinister is different from the last

  5. #95
    Mighty Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The Nomad
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    This is slightly off-topic, but in regard to Wells, what would you consider to be some of his best work? I've enjoyed Hellions quite a bit, so far, and it's the first time I've read anything by him......Is his run on New Mutants solid?
    Yeah, I still have a soft spot for his short run on Avenging Spidey but this is probably better than that even, since those were mostly contained stories
    Make Good Art

  6. #96
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    You'd think the High Summoners were already an issue, but Tarn is up there with them and Sinister. Wonder how they'd deal with him in case of reunification between the islands. Also leaving a Sinister body behind will seriously bite everyone in the ass.

    I just love this book so much.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

  7. #97
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You'd think the High Summoners were already an issue, but Tarn is up there with them and Sinister. Wonder how they'd deal with him in case of reunification between the islands. Also leaving a Sinister body behind will seriously bite everyone in the ass.

    I just love this book so much.
    Tarn would make a good villain which is why we won't be seeing him again.
    "Cable was right!"

  8. #98
    of House Bolton Ramsay Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    His run on New Mutants is pretty much one of the best "recent" X-Books (well not exactly recent bc it's a decade old now). Just like Hellions it merges disturbing action scenes with strong character work really well

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, I still have a soft spot for his short run on Avenging Spidey but this is probably better than that even, since those were mostly contained stories


    Nice, I'll check them both out.

  9. #99
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You'd think the High Summoners were already an issue, but Tarn is up there with them and Sinister. Wonder how they'd deal with him in case of reunification between the islands. Also leaving a Sinister body behind will seriously bite everyone in the ass.

    I just love this book so much.
    Sinister is going to become a slave of Tarn, am sure.Maybe it's Tarn who turns him into a chimera and yes that is going to bite EVERYONE in the ass. It's funny how Sinister either voluntarily or involuntarily will screw Krakoa. If Shaw is a marked man , I don't know what to say about Sinister , that guy is going to have a lot to answer for when his Arrako clone shows up(which he will)

  10. #100
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Is there any preview for Hellions#7 coming out in a few days time?

    Does anyone know what is the meaning of this?

    Last edited by ericng; 12-01-2020 at 05:01 AM.

  11. #101
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,318

    Default

    Is Tarn not a Masque rip off? I haven't read the entire thread yet so not sure if its been brought up already

  12. #102
    Incredible Member Harpoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Is there any preview for Hellions#7 coming out in a few days time?

    Does anyone know what is the meaning of this?

    Nope, doesnít look like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Is Tarn not a Masque rip off? I haven't read the entire thread yet so not sure if its been brought up already
    Iím not seeing it. I donít remember Masque having any interest in genetics, nor telepathy, nor the power to literally disassemble others. Tarnís doing a lot more than just making people ugly, and comes across as a mix of Sinister and an evil Xavier than anything else.

  13. #103
    Fantastic Member Leirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Nope, doesn’t look like it.



    I’m not seeing it. I don’t remember Masque having any interest in genetics, nor telepathy, nor the power to literally disassemble others. Tarn’s doing a lot more than just making people ugly, and comes across as a mix of Sinister and an evil Xavier than anything else.
    Yup, he is pretty clearly Arakko own Sinister.

  14. #104
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Yup, he is pretty clearly Arakko own Sinister.
    Amenthi actually - he was in Arakko plundering while the horsemen were away at the tournament.

  15. #105
    of House Bolton Ramsay Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    His run on New Mutants is pretty much one of the best "recent" X-Books (well not exactly recent bc it's a decade old now). Just like Hellions it merges disturbing action scenes with strong character work really well
    I just finished reading the complete collection tpb of Zeb's NM run.......I wasn't too into it until that final story-arc, which was badass (Starting from when the military-aligned mutants attack the team). Pretty much the last third of the book. That final story-arc was on par with Zeb's Hellions work.

    The rest of the run had positive elements. The return of Doug and the portrayal of his powers, overall characterization of the entire main cast, the Sam/Dani & Roberto/Amara relationships, the somewhat heavy inclusion of Cyclops & Emma Frost. I probably would've enjoyed it a lot more if I was a huge follower of the X-books (And New Mutants, in particular).....But, again, that final story-arc was pretty damn good, and it was cool how a lot of earlier story elements came together toward the end.

    I'll try out Zeb's Spidey stuff next.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •