Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I don't think the smoke was part of it,the smoke came first and he alluded to it being for obscuring cameras.Maybe his failsafe is on Marauders only, if you think he could have vapourised all ,but chose only Greycrow.Though it is possible he killed the others in different ways for style and sport instead of using the button for all but the last kill. I smell something fishy here.He could do that to any Krakoan I think
    It does seem like they might have left it murky intentionally.

That said, it really did stick out that one of their powers was seeming compromised as soon as that stuff came into play.

As for it being "Maurauders Only..."?

It does seem like this is right in the aftermath of not only some of the team threatening him directly, but the rest of the Council essentially hanging him out to dry. Feels kinda like he is working an angle and settling scores all in one fell swoop.

Not so much "This Team Only..." as "This Is The Team He Could Do This To With The Smallest Chance Of Being Caught..."

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Holy f. This was wild. I thought it couldn't get more shocking after Greycrow stabbed Manuel, but the last three pages had me gagging.

Wells is so good. He always shines writing event tie-ins, like in Necrosha.

This is slightly off-topic, but in regard to Wells, what would you consider to be some of his best work? I've enjoyed Hellions quite a bit, so far, and it's the first time I've read anything by him......Is his run on New Mutants solid?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    This is slightly off-topic, but in regard to Wells, what would you consider to be some of his best work? I've enjoyed Hellions quite a bit, so far, and it's the first time I've read anything by him......Is his run on New Mutants solid?
    His run on New Mutants is pretty much one of the best "recent" X-Books (well not exactly recent bc it's a decade old now). Just like Hellions it merges disturbing action scenes with strong character work really well

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It does seem like they might have left it murky intentionally.

That said, it really did stick out that one of their powers was seeming compromised as soon as that stuff came into play.

As for it being "Maurauders Only..."?

It does seem like this is right in the aftermath of not only some of the team threatening him directly, but the rest of the Council essentially hanging him out to dry. Feels kinda like he is working an angle and settling scores all in one fell swoop.

Not so much "This Team Only..." as "This Is The Team He Could Do This To With The Smallest Chance Of Being Caught..."
    Yeah the last explanation makes the most sense, as in he can always play it to Greycrow that 'stay in line or else..' while the rest of the Hellions will just put it down to him having a single vendetta ,when in fact he has kill switches for them all.To make it worse he may play the jester here ,and yet could have kill switches on all those to be resurrected or who have been ressurected, he is no fool.He plays the long game.Wonder if telepaths won't sniff out that this Sinister is different from the last

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Yeah, I still have a soft spot for his short run on Avenging Spidey but this is probably better than that even, since those were mostly contained stories
    Make Good Art

BANNED

You'd think the High Summoners were already an issue, but Tarn is up there with them and Sinister. Wonder how they'd deal with him in case of reunification between the islands. Also leaving a Sinister body behind will seriously bite everyone in the ass.

I just love this book so much.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You'd think the High Summoners were already an issue, but Tarn is up there with them and Sinister. Wonder how they'd deal with him in case of reunification between the islands. Also leaving a Sinister body behind will seriously bite everyone in the ass.

Tarn would make a good villain which is why we won't be seeing him again.
    "Cable was right!"

His run on New Mutants is pretty much one of the best "recent" X-Books (well not exactly recent bc it's a decade old now). Just like Hellions it merges disturbing action scenes with strong character work really well

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, I still have a soft spot for his short run on Avenging Spidey but this is probably better than that even, since those were mostly contained stories

Nice, I'll check them both out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Sinister is going to become a slave of Tarn, am sure.Maybe it's Tarn who turns him into a chimera and yes that is going to bite EVERYONE in the ass. It's funny how Sinister either voluntarily or involuntarily will screw Krakoa. If Shaw is a marked man , I don't know what to say about Sinister , that guy is going to have a lot to answer for when his Arrako clone shows up(which he will)

Mighty Member

Is there any preview for Hellions#7 coming out in a few days time?

Does anyone know what is the meaning of this?

Last edited by ericng; 12-01-2020 at 05:01 AM.

Is Tarn not a Masque rip off? I haven't read the entire thread yet so not sure if its been brought up already

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Is there any preview for Hellions#7 coming out in a few days time?

Does anyone know what is the meaning of this?

Nope, doesn’t look like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Is Tarn not a Masque rip off? I haven't read the entire thread yet so not sure if its been brought up already
    I’m not seeing it. I don’t remember Masque having any interest in genetics, nor telepathy, nor the power to literally disassemble others. Tarn’s doing a lot more than just making people ugly, and comes across as a mix of Sinister and an evil Xavier than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Nope, doesn’t look like it.

I’m not seeing it. I don’t remember Masque having any interest in genetics, nor telepathy, nor the power to literally disassemble others. Tarn’s doing a lot more than just making people ugly, and comes across as a mix of Sinister and an evil Xavier than anything else.
    Yup, he is pretty clearly Arakko own Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Yup, he is pretty clearly Arakko own Sinister.
    Amenthi actually - he was in Arakko plundering while the horsemen were away at the tournament.

I just finished reading the complete collection tpb of Zeb's NM run.......I wasn't too into it until that final story-arc, which was badass (Starting from when the military-aligned mutants attack the team). Pretty much the last third of the book. That final story-arc was on par with Zeb's Hellions work.

The rest of the run had positive elements. The return of Doug and the portrayal of his powers, overall characterization of the entire main cast, the Sam/Dani & Roberto/Amara relationships, the somewhat heavy inclusion of Cyclops & Emma Frost. I probably would've enjoyed it a lot more if I was a huge follower of the X-books (And New Mutants, in particular).....But, again, that final story-arc was pretty damn good, and it was cool how a lot of earlier story elements came together toward the end.

I'll try out Zeb's Spidey stuff next.