Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hellions #6 Spoiler/Review - X of Swords Chapter 18

The Hellions are on Arakko led by Sinister. The come across some mutant that discovers them. Kwannon says they are here for the 10 swords before the battle begins. The mutant calls them fools and lets them know they are too late.. The Hellions realize that Sinister played them. Its revealed that he led them there to collect the genes of the Arakko mutants to add to his collection. The mutant (named Tarn the Uncaring) then reveals his crew, The Locus Vile

Sinister is mesmorized by the Locus and releases his GCDs (Genetic Collection Drones). The Locus and Hellions go into battle. Nanny is killed and Havok's hands are cut off. Orphan Maker has his limbs torn off. Sinister gives his gene collection to Kwannon and entrusts her to make it back to Krakoa. She unleashes Wildchild on the Locus to give her time to escape with Scalphunter, Empath and Havok. Sinister tries to run away but is caught by Tarn

At the Avalon Gate, the Hellions talk about getting to the Healing Gardens. The guards there are preventing them from going to Krakoa but Empath uses his powers on them. Scalphunter stabs him and tells him to stay awake and make it to the gate. As he, Alex and Kwannon make it through they are ambushed by gas. Sinister impales her, shoots Havok in the head and blows up Greycrow. Empath crawls through the gate and collapses. Sinister runs off claiming that his precious Hellions are dead

Last edited by Havok83; 11-18-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Holy f. This was wild. I thought it couldn't get more shocking after Greycrow stabbed Manuel, but the last three pages had me gagging.

Wells is so good. He always shines writing event tie-ins, like in Necrosha.

The new villains are very cool, a Arakko version of Sinister.

Amino Fetus must not eat.

The fact Queen Nanny went down first is absolutely tragic!! Does this mean she can't be ressurected?

Also this proves the incompetence of Charles & Erik giving Sinister any type of position!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The fact Queen Nanny went down first is absolutely tragic!! Does this mean she can't be ressurected?

Also this proves the incompetence of Charles & Erik giving Sinister any type of position!
    Well, technically she, Orphan Maker and Wild Child didn't die on Otherworld. Only maybe Empath did

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

She died on Arakko, not on Otherworld. She can resurrect.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The best issue of the second half of the event...that had nothing to do with the event.

That says a lot.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    She died on Arakko, not on Otherworld. She can resurrect.
    Scalphunter tells Empath that he needs to crawl through the Krakoa gate in order to be resurrected bc if he dies in Otherworld, his brain will be scrambled for good

ETA: Scratch what I wrote. I see the distinction now
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-18-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Another amazing issue from the best series of the whole line. Absolutely loved Greycrow stabbing Empath. That little punk will learn not to mess around with Greycrow. I truly never expected for John Greycrow of all people to become a favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scalphunter tells Empath that he needs to crawl through the Krakoa gate in order to be resurrected bc if he dies in Otherworld, his brain will be scrambled for good

ETA: Scratch what I wrote. I see the distinction now
    The crossed from Dryador (Otherworld) to Arrako (Amenth).

Greycrow does not "stab" Empath. He rips him open. Manuel has to hold his guts while crawling towards the door, and barely makes it.
    I like how death is being used to tech him how to be a person. The frist death was clean and fast, and he did not remember it. This one is hardcore.

I wonder if they will remember the treachery. Sinister does not control when the mind copies are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    The crossed from Dryador (Otherworld) to Arrako (Amenth).

Greycrow does not "stab" Empath. He rips him open. Manuel has to hold his guts while crawling towards the door, and barely makes it.
    I like how death is being used to tech him how to be a person. The frist death was clean and fast, and he did not remember it. This one is hardcore.

I wonder if they will remember the treachery. Sinister does not control when the mind copies are made.
    It would be a lot of coincidence if the copy was exactly when they arrived in Krakoa. It wasn't like the mission to ORCHIS.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So only Empath might have made it out alive?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Spectacular Member

Was wondering what the tie in for the hellions would be especially as it was clear they weren't going to be in time to steal any of the swords. Didn't expect that it was all a ploy by Sinister to get Arakko genetic material for his collection, though you would think he would search for a little better stock then first appearance.

I know he and Kwannon had a deal but I don't remember her giving him any type of package for safe keeping. Besides the deal they made what exactly is he holding over her. Too bad that none of them will remember any part of the last few days.

Though I did enjoy the issue I found the last few pages a little off. How did Sinister know exactly when they would return so he could be ready with the ambush? After all it isn't like his duplicate could tell him as he was killed

Also shouldn't there have been a little more security or people around the gate. I mean they just sent ten warriors through with the hopes of stopping an invasion. Seems logical that someone would be monitoring the gate for anyone that might come through, friend or foe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So only Empath might have made it out alive?
    And he doesn’t know Sinister betrayed them. What a twist!!