Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default X-Force #14 review *spoilers*

There're only two fights that are worth mentioning in this issue.

Pogg versus Magik second fight

Magik is swallowed by Pogg in their second fight in which they are not allowed to use swords again. Magik figured out that Pogg is actually an armor and behind it all is a little guy inside the armor.

Magik dragged Pogg out of his armor to punch little Pogg and won the fight.

Storm versus Death

Storm has lost her powers during her rigged alcohol drinking with Wolverine. She can only fight with Death without using any of her powers.

Storm managed to break Death's sword and deflect Death's stare back into himself by using her sword as a mirror and avoiding eye contact.

Death was killed by his own 'stare power' and then stabbed by Storm's sword.

He is probably dead and eaten by a bunch of undead vampires who was waiting for a meal with blood.

The best fight was Storm's fight, there're lots of other 'fights' in this issue, but most are forgettable and just consists of only one or few panels each.

Cassara's art was very good
    Last edited by ericng; 11-18-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Forcing Logan to do a modeling show in a swimsuit is big brain.

Have to say, if I was going around dressed as a giant cybernetic crocodile and I was at the controls in its tummy, I dunno if I'd have the crocodile swallow the people I was fighting and put them where I was.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

There're only two fights that are worth mentioning in this issue.

Pogg versus Magik second fight

Magik is swallowed by Pogg in their second fight in which they are not allowed to use swords again. Magik figured out that Pogg is actually an armor and behind it all is a little guy inside the armor. Magik punched and beat little Pogg and won.

Storm versus Death

Storm has lost her powers during her rigged alcohol drinking with Wolverine. She can only fight with Death without using any of her powers.

Storm managed to break Death's sword and deflect Death's stare back into himself by using her sword as a mirror and avoiding eye contact.

Death was killed by his own 'stare power' and then stabbed by Storm's sword. He is probably dead and eaten by a bunch of vampires.

The best fight was Storm's fight, there're lots of other 'fights' in this issue, but most are forgettable and just consists of only one or few panels each.
    I don't think he died because of his own powers because he didn't disintegrate like the guy in marauders who brought him the beetle.

Storm did that. Barely able to stand, no powers, and she held it down.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Also important to note that Brian was indebted to Mad Jim for damages in the race unless he "asked for help" from Saturnyne. Given that we saw Brian free later in the issue he must have taken Saturnyne's offer. I suspect the unknown details of that will be important later.

Cassara's art was great as usual. Kind of disappointed we never got to see Death's face.

The datapage with notes from Mojo was hilarious. This was definitely the best of Percy's issues in this event. Great work by Cassara as usual.

BANNED

Mostly padding and the Storm fight was a bit dumb

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Okay, Ms. Munroe.

Glad to see Storm get a nice duel. Ororo always overcomes the odds, and it's always great to see that her strength as a character doesn't come from what she can do with her abilities.

The Pogg reveal was unexpected for me, and the crocodile skin being his sword was interesting. Magik being awesome per usual <3

Overall, really solid issue.

Extraordinary Member

Trying to understand what happened with the Pogg ur Pogg fight. The crocodile body seems to be organic and needs sustenance like any living thing, but what good is swallowing your enemy if your weakness is that you're actually a smaller guy inside and controlling the tougher guy? I presume the crocodile form has 2 stomachs, one for digesting food and the other for small Pogg to sit in safely and Magik just tore her way through the flesh that divided them. Otherwise he's really just that stupid.

I liked how she kept her arms folded like 'I don't give a crap' when he was about to swallow her.

Doug does a dance off and an eating contest. Saturnyne is making sure to keep him out of combat.

Magik and Gorgon, the two war captains in the group and the two who were scoping out the competition's strength and weaknesses, team up to put together a children's puzzle. At least they got the point.

I guess Gorgon died happy? Or maybe he was so embarrassed that's why he would later just kneel and let himself get killed.

Storm was badass.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Mostly padding and the Storm fight was a bit dumb
    Yep. Storm wins in a predictable and boring cliche.

These issues makes me wonder why does Apocalypse even care about the horseman. They are no better than the average mutant.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Yep. Storm wins in a predictable and boring cliche.

These issues makes me wonder why does Apocalypse even care about the horseman. They are no better than the average mutant.
    She is without powers and barely can stand. But she still a better fighter than Death on his full skill set.
    Sems like they are below average mutant

Apocalypse doesn't look mad that some of his family members are dead.

Storm has already faced Cyclops without her powers and knows how Logan defeated Gorgon.

It was easy for her because of that, probably.

BANNED

Scott without powers is easier than Death on full powers

Spectacular Member

Enjoyed this issue. Was glad to get to see glimpses of some of the contents but for many one panel was enough. I do however think that Storm was robbed in the modeling contest but to each there own.

As stated above there were only three contests that had significance. Storm vs Death, Magik vs Poog, and brian vs Redroot.

Storm vs Death was by far the best battle so far. Loved that Death was so over confident and Storm proved why she is a superior warrior as she is a threat even without her powers. Using his own power against him was a great tactic and gave her the opportunity to end him. For I figure if seeing his reflection, her stab him in the heart and all the vampires feeding on him the chances of him surviving aren't good.

Loved when Magik pulled the real Poog out of his crocodile suit and he was just some small troll. Interesting that he has a much better grasp of language when he isn't in his suit of armor. If i was Magik I would have done a little more damage to the gator skin so that Poog would be without it for the rest of the tournament.

Brian and Redroot race through the Crooked Market also has some significance. Not only did Saturnyne apparently cheat to get some sort of a deal from Brian which I am sure we will learn about later, but Redroot was imprisoned by Jasper. That means another combatant from Arakko is out of the contest.

Another thing to note apparently Mojoverse gets a few more channels than originally thought. For though they weren't able to televise the contest of swords they not only had a correspondent but from the reports he sent back seem quite familiar with the mutants from Arakko as well.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Good issue overall. The tournament was still mostly presented as a joke, but the execution was far better than last week. Given how last week's Wolverine fights played out, the outcome of Storm's duel was dully predictable, though. Oh well.