Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Oh, it's pretty obvious there's going to be some cringey statement on what constitutes True Strength™ and the Arrakoans' version isn't quite it. Still, the build-up is just so... basic. You don't need street smarts/worldliness to realize there's something wrong when the ref tells you that you're winning the game even though your players keep leaving the field/ice on a stretcher.
    Arraki lived on a hell dimension 24/7, but whatever krakoa has the true strenght of heart

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    People are also not recognizing though it may looks like Saturyne is against Krakoa she is actually helping them. It is 100% obvious to me just based on the matches that she has a plan. Krakoa still has their connection to krakoa in warlock but redroot is off the table. Storm has been in several matches but none that would have actually threatened her life though Saturyne was petty with the poison. Ever single match seems to have a hint of reason in there to help Krakoa even the White Sword one where Gorgon was able to garner 13 points. Then there was Merlin testing Krakoa vs. Arrako, who would you rather have in power the group about to kill a kitten or the guy who was willing to lose for a kitten and are making sacrafices for each other.
    Saturnine is sticking it to certain Krakoans she has reason to have a grudge against while still pushing things overall towards their side.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

People are also not recognizing though it may looks like Saturyne is against Krakoa she is actually helping them. It is 100% obvious to me just based on the matches that she has a plan. Krakoa still has their connection to krakoa in warlock but redroot is off the table. Storm has been in several matches but none that would have actually threatened her life though Saturyne was petty with the poison. Ever single match seems to have a hint of reason in there to help Krakoa even the White Sword one where Gorgon was able to garner 13 points.
    Thus why I used the Bad Ref analogy. Genesis would just be the worst coach ever, lol.

Then there was Merlin testing Krakoa vs. Arrako, who would you rather have in power the group about to kill a kitten or the guy who was willing to lose for a kitten and are making sacrafices for each other.
    Next week's Excalibur is going to be something else, won't it?

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Arraki lived on a hell dimension 24/7, but whatever krakoa has the true strenght of heart
    Some would say the x-men grew up in a hell dimension too but they had much smarter "demons" to deal with.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Thus why I used the Bad Ref analogy. Genesis would just be the worst coach ever, lol.

Next week's Excalibur is going to be something else, won't it?
    Yup and just think about this Betsy is off the table but no where has it been said she is dead, it keeps saying she is shattered. Every lethal match the Krakoans have had Saturyne managed to put logan in it or find a way to basically stop it. Though Storm has been drugged we know she is still being underestimated because of that same drugging is whats keeping anyone present from truly knowing what her powers are. Then we find out Saturyne was letting Cable give Scott and Jean info for quite sometime despite blocking out all other telepaths with ease. Saturyne is the real MVP and Gorgon gets honorable mention
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yup and just think about this Betsy is off the table but no where has it been said she is dead, it keeps saying she is shattered.
    Way ahead of you:

[...] "What's that, you thought you were getting a Mortal Kombat-esque second act followed by a Lord of the Rings-esque finale? Ah! Subversion of expectations ACTIVATE! More standing around and talking! Wolverine! Dancing! Wolverine! Arm wrestling! Wolverine! People exploding but not really! More Wolverine! Weddings! Did I mention Wolverine? Dragon Ex Machinas! Yay!"

Every lethal match the Krakoans have had Saturyne managed to put logan in it or find a way to basically stop it. Though Storm has been drugged we know she is still being underestimated because of that same drugging is whats keeping anyone present from truly knowing what her powers are. Then we find out Saturyne was letting Cable give Scott and Jean info for quite sometime despite blocking out all other telepaths with ease. Saturyne is the real MVP and Gorgon gets honorable mention
    More like plot-induced stupidity of an otherwordly level, really. Next week's Excalibur is going to be such a cringey affair, lol.

Astonishing Member

Anyone `else thought the kitten scene didn't sit well with em. bothered me as a cat lover(who also owns a adult cat version of the fluffy black kitten we see in the comic). i want to headcanon that it was a test of who willing to do it and then it was stopped before anything happened to the kitten plus the artist drew the kitten so damn cute. damnit.

Astonishing Member

Guess Death should have wielded the black bone of the underworld, rather than the black bone of the book about the underworld (Amduat is "The Text of the Hidden Chamber Which is in the Underworld", Duat is the name of the underworld itself).

Also going up in a one on one fight with Storm wielding a weapon made of bone? Big mistake. Well maybe it turns out he is still alive too because he had a second heart.

As for the small guy inside big bio-robot crocodile deal, it does explain why Pogg Ur-Pogg was considered a weapon to be collected.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-18-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone `else thought the kitten scene didn't sit well with em. bothered me as a cat lover(who also owns a adult cat version of the fluffy black kitten we see in the comic). i want to headcanon that it was a test of who willing to do it and then it was stopped before anything happened to the kitten plus the artist drew the kitten so damn cute. damnit.
    Makes me realize what Brian would have done if the Illuminati had him join up much earlier during the Incursions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm looking at it this way too

Another great issue illustrated by Cassara, this time with a badass Storm focus versus a badass Logan focus. Enjoyed it immensely.

Have you also felt sorry for Redroot? She doesn't seem evil, she just wants to reunite Arakko with Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Have you also felt sorry for Redroot? She doesn't seem evil, she just wants to reunite Arakko with Krakoa.
    I actually did feel bad for redroot. Not sure who this was for though. She seemed like a good sport especially liked the "im rooting for you" to captain avalon.
    But i think White Sword is the break out character of X of Swords.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Complete and utter BS pretty much sums up my thoughts on the conclusion of that particular match-up.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm glad death is dead. bye gurl you won't be missed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!