Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Complete and utter BS pretty much sums up my thoughts on the conclusion of that particular match-up.
    Considering that Mad Jim Jaspers seems to have more plots planned for later, I guess it's not the last time we see Redroot.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Considering that Mad Jim Jaspers seems to have more plots planned for later, I guess it's not the last time we see Redroot.
    In the pages of Excalibur, most likely. Poor Redroot.

I love Storm but are you telling me that a guy that has spent thousands of years fighting demons just lost to mutant with no powers I mean come on now.

Good point. But my head canon says he merely underestimated her. Thought she was no threat and she surprised him.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I love Storm but are you telling me that a guy that has spent thousands of years fighting demons just lost to mutant with no powers I mean come on now.
    *drunk* mutant with no powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Good point. But my head canon says he merely underestimated her. Thought she was no threat and she surprised him.
    On previous issues he respected her and said she wasn't afraid of them

Astonishing Member

What ever it's 10 years in a hellish pocket dimension or 1000 years in a war against demonic hordes, if the writer wants a character to win against an opponent in what ever state they are in and with what ever skillset and experience they have, they will win in 20 pages or less.

It's then up to the readers, writers and fans to decide what ever they buy it or not as making sense going forward.

Though it does make any idea of a rematch against Callisto increasingly more silly, since Callisto is just a brawler with a knife (with at best super human senses), compared to everything else Storm has beaten over the years. Though for the upcomming Marauders issue, someone here allready pointed out that it might be about the Crucible, since i think Callisto hasn't gotten her powers back via some other means like super soldier serums from an alternate earth.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Not to a regular Mutant. He lost to Storm.

People keep bringing up that these guys fought demons for thousands of years. Obviously, the demons weren’t very good. And even if they were, no demon could prepare him for fighting a Goddess.

>Wonderful art. Cassara is a gem.
    >We all knew that Magik would end up beating Knockoff Etrigan-Knockoff by going inside him... and she did, bless her. Now we need someone from Krakoa to get inside the sword shell and wield it. Doug?!
    >Redroot is ROOTING for Brian! HAHAHAHA!
    >Two teleporters completely lost. A blind man unable to solve a jigsaw puzzle. War enjoying being in stocks. Gorgon banging a rock. Logan crying over his... dead pool. Funny stuff.
    >Even when powerless, physically impaired, and drunk, Storm manages to beat a fully powered, near immortal mutant. I call PIS. At least it was a cool sword fight.
    >I really hope Death survived. I'd laugh if the vampire feeding made Death undead.

Favourite panels...
    x1.jpg
    x2.jpg
    x3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spectacular Member

Plus one has to figure that Demons are somewhat mindless and none would think to be using a weapon with a reflective surface which could turn Death's gaze unto himself

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

People keep bringing up that these guys fought demons for thousands of years. Obviously, the demons weren’t very good. And even if they were, no demon could prepare him for fighting a Goddess.
    She wasn't a Goddess if a drink took her powers. If the demons aren't good, why krakoa was so afraid?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

We know they were not among the 100 best that Okkara had to send into Amenth. We also know most of the demons they faced were just fodder to keep the Arakkii busy while they bred with mutants for centuries. I also suspect they are the equivalent of spoiled elites of society who have been sheltered from anything really trying, the only other thing we see Death flexing on are a bunch of priest type beings.

Enjoyed the issue. Loving Cassara's art and enjoying Percy's take on the X-Men. It was much better than last week's face slaps. Drunken Storm vs Death was awesome. I wish it went on for few more pages to build up Death's combat prowess but he wasn't expecting that sword shattering or that Storm was a dangerous threat even while powerless. 8/10 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    What ever it's 10 years in a hellish pocket dimension or 1000 years in a war against demonic hordes, if the writer wants a character to win against an opponent in what ever state they are in and with what ever skillset and experience they have, they will win in 20 pages or less.

It's then up to the readers, writers and fans to decide what ever they buy it or not as making sense going forward.

Though it does make any idea of a rematch against Callisto increasingly more silly, since Callisto is just a brawler with a knife (with at best super human senses), compared to everything else Storm has beaten over the years. Though for the upcomming Marauders issue, someone here allready pointed out that it might be about the Crucible, since i think Callisto hasn't gotten her powers back via some other means like super soldier serums from an alternate earth.
    This would be awesome if that is the case. This is my initial concerns with yet another Callisto fight (I think Storm has fought her 4 times on panel in varying intensities), which I am over it already. BUT...if it's for the crucible I think that could make for an interesting story. Plus Callisto needs more development. As a White Knight we haven't seen anything from her yet in her new position with the HF Trading Company, and while I think she is a skilled fighter and blade wielder, she should be more impressive with her enhanced physical stats to bolster her effectiveness in combat.

Fantastic Member

The Horsies have seemed like unimpressive lame-os so far. That doesn't line up with Saturnyne's vision to Wolvie of how effed Earth would be if Arrako got through, but whatever.

Mighty Member

I think Death and the other horsemen all looked down at the Krakoan mutants as weak. The Arakkii are their mutant powers in a sense. That’s all they are as they’ve never been without them. Storm has been without them and she didn’t break. She became more than just her mutant powers. She lead the X-men without her powers. She’s not defined by them and therefore she was stronger than he thought