Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Mighty Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Underneath the Brooklyn Bridge
    Posts
    1,592

    Default List of People Who Know Batman's Secret Identity Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis

    I'm trying to conjur two complete lists of everyone who knew Batman was Bruce Wayne Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis

    Pre-Crisis

    People who definitely know Bruce Wayne is Batman
    -Alfred Pennyworth
    -Dick Grayson Robin/Nightwing
    -Jason Todd Robin
    -Barbara Gordon Batgirm
    -Helena Wayne Huntress
    -Hugo Strange
    -Talia Al Ghul
    -Ra's Al Ghul
    -Leslie Thompkins
    -Silver St. Cloud
    -Earth 2 Catwoman
    -Superman
    -Black Lightning
    -Katanna
    -Halo
    -Geo Force
    -Metamorpho


    People who possibly know Bruce Wayne is Batman
    -Wonder Woman
    -Hal Jordan Green Lantern
    -Barry Allen The Flash
    - Martian Manhunter
    -Green Arrow
    -Aquaman
    -Elongated Man
    -Red Tornado
    -Zatanna
    -Firestorm
    -Black Canary
    -Snapper Carr
    -Earth One Catwoman
    -Kathy Kane Batwoman
    -Betty Kane Batgirl
    -Commissioner Gordon
    -Deadman
    -Lois Lane
    -Julie Madison

    Post Crisis

    People who definitely know Bruce Wayne is Batman
    -Alfred Pennyworth
    -Dick Grayson Robin/Nightwing/Batman
    -Jason Todd Robin/Red Hood/Nightwing/Batman
    -Tim Drake Robin/Red Robin
    -Damian Wayne Robin
    -Cassandra Cain Batgirl
    -Jean Paul Valley Azrael
    -Barbara Gordon Batgirl/Oracl
    -Commissioner Gordon
    -Leslie Thompkins
    -Selina Kyle
    -Superman
    -Wonder Woman
    -Martian Manhunter
    -Wally West Flash
    - Kyle Rayner Green Lantern
    -Plastic Man
    -Talia Al Ghul
    -Ra's Al Ghul
    -Riddler
    -Hush
    -Hugo Strange
    -Vixen
    -Zatanna
    -Sasha Bordeaoux
    -Harold


    People who possibly know Bruce Wayne is Batman
    -Helena Bertinelli Huntress/Batgirl
    -Stephanie Brown Spooler/Robin/Batgirl
    -Michael Lane Azrael
    -Hal Jordan Green Lantern
    -Barry Allen The Flash
    -Oliver Queen Green Arrow
    -Elongated Man
    -Red Tornado
    -Firestorm
    -Black Canary
    -Snapper Carr
    -Kathy Kane Batwoman
    -Kate Kane Batwoman
    -Deadman
    -Black Lightning
    -Katanna
    -Halo
    -Geo Force
    -Metamorpho
    -Lois Lane
    -Vesper Fairchild
    -Julie Madison

    What am I missing? Am I wrong on any?

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,204

    Default

    When you said Post Crisis are you counting New 52 and Rebirth as well?

  3. #3
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,973

    Default

    I'm not sure they are including post-Flashpoint, as they didn't refer to Cass as Orphan.

    No way you can keep a secret identity from a telepath. Martian Manhunter should've known from the earliest days of the JLA. Batwoman Kate Kane definitely knows, and Steph had to have known since her time as Robin at least.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Underneath the Brooklyn Bridge
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    No, I'm not, but feel free to list those

  5. #5
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm not sure they are including post-Flashpoint, as they didn't refer to Cass as Orphan.

    No way you can keep a secret identity from a telepath. Martian Manhunter should've known from the earliest days of the JLA. Batwoman Kate Kane definitely knows, and Steph had to have known since her time as Robin at least.
    Bette probably knows as well, they are cousins after all
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

    "Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

  6. #6
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I'm trying to conjur two complete lists of everyone who knew Batman was Bruce Wayne Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis

    Pre-Crisis

    People who definitely know Bruce Wayne is Batman
    -Alfred Pennyworth
    -Dick Grayson Robin/Nightwing
    -Jason Todd Robin
    -Barbara Gordon Batgirm
    -Helena Wayne Huntress
    -Hugo Strange
    -Talia Al Ghul
    -Ra's Al Ghul
    -Leslie Thompkins
    -Silver St. Cloud
    -Earth 2 Catwoman
    -Superman
    -Black Lightning
    -Katanna
    -Halo
    -Geo Force
    -Metamorpho


    People who possibly know Bruce Wayne is Batman
    -Wonder Woman
    -Hal Jordan Green Lantern
    -Barry Allen The Flash
    - Martian Manhunter
    -Green Arrow
    -Aquaman
    -Elongated Man
    -Red Tornado
    -Zatanna
    -Firestorm
    -Black Canary
    -Snapper Carr
    -Earth One Catwoman
    -Kathy Kane Batwoman
    -Betty Kane Batgirl
    -Commissioner Gordon
    -Deadman
    -Lois Lane
    -Julie Madison

    Post Crisis

    People who definitely know Bruce Wayne is Batman
    -Alfred Pennyworth
    -Dick Grayson Robin/Nightwing/Batman
    -Jason Todd Robin/Red Hood/Nightwing/Batman
    -Tim Drake Robin/Red Robin
    -Damian Wayne Robin
    -Cassandra Cain Batgirl
    -Jean Paul Valley Azrael
    -Barbara Gordon Batgirl/Oracl
    -Commissioner Gordon
    -Leslie Thompkins
    -Selina Kyle
    -Superman
    -Wonder Woman
    -Martian Manhunter
    -Wally West Flash
    - Kyle Rayner Green Lantern
    -Plastic Man
    -Talia Al Ghul
    -Ra's Al Ghul
    -Riddler
    -Hush
    -Hugo Strange
    -Vixen
    -Zatanna
    -Sasha Bordeaoux
    -Harold


    People who possibly know Bruce Wayne is Batman
    -Helena Bertinelli Huntress/Batgirl
    -Stephanie Brown Spooler/Robin/Batgirl
    -Michael Lane Azrael
    -Hal Jordan Green Lantern
    -Barry Allen The Flash
    -Oliver Queen Green Arrow
    -Elongated Man
    -Red Tornado
    -Firestorm
    -Black Canary
    -Snapper Carr
    -Kathy Kane Batwoman
    -Kate Kane Batwoman
    -Deadman
    -Black Lightning
    -Katanna
    -Halo
    -Geo Force
    -Metamorpho
    -Lois Lane
    -Vesper Fairchild
    -Julie Madison

    What am I missing? Am I wrong on any?
    -Will Tupper

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,942

    Default

    Pre-Crisis - Jimmy Olsen knows Dick Grayson is Robin (Superman Family 191) so probably knows Bruce Wayne is Batman. And really, all the Teen Titans who know Robin's identity must know Batman's (that goes for Deathstroke, too).

    Also, per Justice League of America #160, all the then-JL members (it's a flashback story) know each other's identities; Ollie, Hal, Bruce, Clark, Ray, and Barry (and Arthur, though he doesn't have a civilian ID then). There were also a whole bunch of them at Ray's wedding, but can't recall if Bruce's name was dropped there.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Pre-Crisis - Jimmy Olsen knows Dick Grayson is Robin (Superman Family 191) so probably knows Bruce Wayne is Batman. And really, all the Teen Titans who know Robin's identity must know Batman's (that goes for Deathstroke, too).
    Pre Crisis Teen Titan for sure Knew. In Brave and The Bold 83 Bruce adopted the child of his late father's good friend. The child's name was Lance and he was a bad seed. Bruce had the Titans keep an eye on him. Lance got involved with some criminals and died saving Batman (Who Lance knew was Bruce Wayne so there is another for the list) At the end of the story The Titans and Bruce are all at the funeral out of costume and Bruce thanks them for their help in the case.

    Look at me making a reference on a DC comic that took place after 1945
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-18-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Also in Brave and the Bold 85 Bruce reveals he is Batman to a therapist. So that guy knew. Oliver also reveals to the same doctor he is Green Arrow. But at the end of the story the doctor hypnotizes himself to forget so I dont know if that counts.

    I read pretty much all of The Brave and Bold run and I loved these stories
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  10. #10
    Legendary Member daBronzeBomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Usually at the End of Time
    Posts
    4,552

    Default

    Currently, Lois Lane definitely knows both Bruce and Selina's (and Damian's) secret identities (see last year's 2-part "Super Friends" storyline).

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,061

    Default

    Post Crisis I would add Deathstroke to the list. He even tells Batman you are Batman because I allow it. And his partner Wintergreen I would say knows as well as during the Batman/Deathstroke fight both he and Alfred were talking to each other about how obsessive both Deathstroke and Batman are.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  12. #12
    Amazing Member Wrestler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Post Crisis - Bane; David Cain.
    Last edited by Wrestler; 11-19-2020 at 11:17 AM.

  13. #13
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    388

    Default

    There's an old issue of World's Finest where Batman infamously reveals his identity to Jimmy Olsen for no reason. Post-Crisis, Vicki Vale found out, which culminated in the Bruce Wayne: The Road Home event. Lady Shiva knows as well. And in both continuities, most heavy-hitters in the Justice League and superhero community seem to be aware.

    Also, Amanda Waller. Killer Moth found out but got amnesia (which is even canon post-Crisis). Julie finds out in Batman and the Mad Monk but seems unaware in Morrison's flashbacks. Plus, Dr. Hurt.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    What counts as 'People who possibly know Bruce Wayne is Batman,' because Bruce took off his mask in front of Stephanie Brown several times pre-flashpoint.

  15. #15
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Pama Temples of Titan
    Posts
    3,559

    Default

    Earth one Catwoman and Nocturna knew his secret identity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •