Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Yeah he knows. The Memories and dna are saved in the techno organic blood. So if he has cables T.o. Then he would know everything about him
    Then why in Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix would Apocalypse just replay the same events that lead to his death if he already knows them from Cable's techno organic blood?

Incredible Member

I've seen your post on Reddit and the responses there and I believe they're right: it doesn't matter to Apocalypse.

He first encounters Traveler thousands of years in the past and they do battle and he is infected by the technovirus. A hundred years ago, Mr. Sinister creates the technovirus and infects him with it but it fails to kill him because Traveler already gave him the virus. Then, in the present, he infects Baby Nathan with the technovirus and he gets sent to the future (this Apocalypse does not know because he was destroyed right before it happened). Later, Apocalypse is still super weak gets his ass kicked by Stryfe and then later the Dark Riders on the Moon. Now three thousand years into the future, Apocalypse rules over the world and Clan Askani opposes him. Apocalypse destroys Clan Askani and Ch'vayre collects Baby Nathan's clone while Cyclops and Jean Grey take Baby Nathan. Apocalypse names Baby Nathan's clone Stryfe after the guy who kicked his ass in the past. Now, Apocalypse thinks that Stryfe is the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey who overcame the technovirus.

This is key: he thinks that time has already changed and that Baby Nathan will no longer become the Traveler who infected him - he thinks that's all relegated to an alternate future now.

This is reinforced by the fact that the Askani Timeline was originally intended to be canon until the Search for Cyclops. Cable going back to that future after X-Cutioner's Song, Jenskot bringing Cable and Domino to fight Stryfe in that future, Ch'vyare traveling back, Risque maybe being an Askani, an Askani maybe being present at the Kelly Assassination and Spectre coming back from the future to fight the Skornn all proved this. After Apocalypse died in the Search for Cyclops, this future was also supposed to be dead.

So bear in mind, this means that Apocalypse knew that baby Nathan would become Traveler, who would become Cable and fight him. Thus, the idea that Apocalypse thinking that Cable's future had changed upon seeing baby Stryfe without a technovirus is reinforced.

Then when you consider that the Askani Timeline did not die and is shown to still be active, it should be clear that Apocalypse doesn't care about all that baby Nathan is destined to go through as Cable if he sees baby Stryfe without a technovirus and thinks it happened to some alternate version of him.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I've seen your post on Reddit and the responses there and I believe they're right: it doesn't matter to Apocalypse.

He first encounters Traveler thousands of years in the past and they do battle and he is infected by the technovirus. A hundred years ago, Mr. Sinister creates the technovirus and infects him with it but it fails to kill him because Traveler already gave him the virus. Then, in the present, he infects Baby Nathan with the technovirus and he gets sent to the future (this Apocalypse does not know because he was destroyed right before it happened). Later, Apocalypse is still super weak gets his ass kicked by Stryfe and then later the Dark Riders on the Moon. Now three thousand years into the future, Apocalypse rules over the world and Clan Askani opposes him. Apocalypse destroys Clan Askani and Ch'vayre collects Baby Nathan's clone while Cyclops and Jean Grey take Baby Nathan. Apocalypse names Baby Nathan's clone Stryfe after the guy who kicked his ass in the past. Now, Apocalypse thinks that Stryfe is the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey who overcame the technovirus.

This is key: he thinks that time has already changed and that Baby Nathan will no longer become the Traveler who infected him - he thinks that's all relegated to an alternate future now.

This is reinforced by the fact that the Askani Timeline was originally intended to be canon until the Search for Cyclops. Cable going back to that future after X-Cutioner's Song, Jenskot bringing Cable and Domino to fight Stryfe in that future, Ch'vyare traveling back, Risque maybe being an Askani, an Askani maybe being present at the Kelly Assassination and Spectre coming back from the future to fight the Skornn all proved this. After Apocalypse died in the Search for Cyclops, this future was also supposed to be dead.

So bear in mind, this means that Apocalypse knew that baby Nathan would become Traveler, who would become Cable and fight him. Thus, the idea that Apocalypse thinking that Cable's future had changed upon seeing baby Stryfe without a technovirus is reinforced.

Then when you consider that the Askani Timeline did not die and is shown to still be active, it should be clear that Apocalypse doesn't care about all that baby Nathan is destined to go through as Cable if he sees baby Stryfe without a technovirus and thinks it happened to some alternate version of him.
    This probably makes the most sense, thanks.

It's the whole recent kid Cable business showing the Askani timeline is still in the future even as of House of X that made everything confusing. I wonder how kid Cable's arc will finish, but I assume it will be the same as the O5--Xavier probably has old Cable's memories stored somewhere, kid Cable gets mindwiped and sent back to the Askani future, and all of his memories are merged with old Cable's when they make an older clone body of him for resurrection, likely full biological without being a cyborg now.
    Last edited by Yistaan; 11-20-2020 at 12:25 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I thought Apocalypse found out the same time everyone did: during X-Cutioner's Song.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    This probably makes the most sense, thanks.

It's the whole recent kid Cable business showing the Askani timeline is still in the future even as of House of X that made everything confusing. I wonder how kid Cable's arc will finish, but I assume it will be the same as the O5--Xavier probably has old Cable's memories stored somewhere, kid Cable gets mindwiped and sent back to the Askani future, and all of his memories are merged with old Cable's when they make an older clone body of him for resurrection, likely full biological without being a cyborg now.
    The issue against the Spaceknights showed that Cable remembered getting killed by himself and planned for what his younger self would do with the Spaceknights. The most obvious place for him to get his memories of Kid Cable back would be his return after Second Coming with how Deadpool saves him in a miniseries that he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I thought Apocalypse found out the same time everyone did: during X-Cutioner's Song.
    I don't think he even faced off with Cable in that event.

BANNED

Just a question related to Cable's past:

(I don't wanna open a whole new thread for this)

Have Cable's adventures in the past, before joining the New Mutants in the nineties, been already explored?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Just a question related to Cable's past:

(I don't wanna open a whole new thread for this)

Have Cable's adventures in the past, before joining the New Mutants in the nineties, been already explored?
    Partially, there are flashbacks that show his mercenary past in the Six Pack throughout his own series and the Blood & Metal miniseries.

For the Askani Future, there is a lot less information on the war against the High Lords after the conclusion of Askani'son and an arc before Onslaught beyond a few specific instances that are mentioned in the original series, Cable & Deadpool and the Splitsecond miniseries.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Partially, there are flashbacks that show his mercenary past in the Six Pack throughout his own series and the Blood & Metal miniseries.

For the Askani Future, there is a lot less information on the war against the High Lords after the conclusion of Askani'son and an arc before Onslaught beyond a few specific instances that are mentioned in the original series, Cable & Deadpool and the Splitsecond miniseries.
    So basically, how many years/decades Cable lurked in the shadows (in the past) before introducing himself to the New Mutants?

We know he had some connections to the U.S. military, most likely as a contractor doing mercenary work for them. Whether this was with the Six Pack or predates his work with that group, I’m not sure. But in his very first appearance in New Mutants #87 the folks holding him in a military compound make mention of him being a legend or something like that, and say he has “a dossier a mile long.” So it stands to reason that he was here for some time prior to linking up with the New Mutants.

I would love to see that part of his past explored in more detail. Especially since I think you could tie it to things like Weapon Plus and The World and/or the Conquistador ship that housed the Children of the Vault. Both have the capability to induce “artificial evolution” by speeding up time. Stands to reason that Cable’s coming back here could’ve played some role in that, since he’s a time traveler and all. Maybe some of his technology got into the wrong hands on a mission that went wrong somehow, and scientists reverse engineered it. The first attempt at speeding up time gave us the CotV, but then Weapon Plus got ahold of it and created The World.

Could definitely see all that being connected in a way that makes perfect sense, and puts Cable and his future technology at the heart of it. Would be cool as hell.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    So basically, how many years/decades Cable lurked in the shadows (in the past) before introducing himself to the New Mutants?
    We know when Cable first arrived, it was at Muir Island and Moira was already working there. So, you can use the HoX/PoX timeline to assess how long he's been around. Given time travel, though, he could have possibly gone backwards after this instead of moving linearly. It is implied, though, that he'd spend long stretches of time in his own future during this time in the Blood & Metal miniseries.

There was also the one-shot called Wolverine/Cable: Guts & Glory, which revealed the beginning of their rivalry...