Extraordinary Member

Default Agent Tex vs Captain America (MCU)

Tex, the top Freelancer from the Red Vs Blue series

vs.

Steve Rogers, the man with America's Ass from the Marvel Cinematic universe

Which Super Soldier wins?

Bonus: They sit and talk

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Tex, the top Freelancer from the Red Vs Blue series

vs.

Steve Rogers, the man with America's Ass from the Marvel Cinematic universe

Which Super Soldier wins?

Bonus: They sit and talk

Tex is a bit of a badass.

The real question is, should her Failure By Design Flaw be factored into Rumbles.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Kind of an interesting fight. Tex should be a little bit stronger, maybe? Certainly more durable overall but Cap can probably do nasty stuff to her with the edge of his shield.

Pretty close to be honest. I'd back Tex overall but she's going to have to work for it.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Kind of an interesting fight. Tex should be a little bit stronger, maybe? Certainly more durable overall but Cap can probably do nasty stuff to her with the edge of his shield.

Pretty close to be honest. I'd back Tex overall but she's going to have to work for it.
    I wouldn't say a little. The box she catches looks comparable to the box Cap dropped on Spider-Man, who struggled and got trapped under it, where Tex chucked hers at other people. And Spider-Man overpowered the Winter Soldier's metal arm casually, and the arm is stronger than Cap.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

In addition to her tossing those giant containers around, catching them when they fall on her, punching people in massive metal armor such that they fly 30+ feet, etc, at the end, Tex just absently nudges the cement barrier across the ground. Like, pokes it slowly with her toe to carefully move it around (it's not rolling, it's grinding along the ground...flat, friction, etc).

She's a whole lot stronger than Cap. And easily as fast. And given the crap I see in the movie, highly skilled. I figure she wrecks his day. He'll fight, she won't just one-punch him, but...
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    In addition to her tossing those giant containers around, catching them when they fall on her, punching people in massive metal armor such that they fly 30+ feet, etc, at the end, Tex just absently nudges the cement barrier across the ground. Like, pokes it slowly with her toe to carefully move it around (it's not rolling, it's grinding along the ground...flat, friction, etc).

She's a whole lot stronger than Cap. And easily as fast. And given the crap I see in the movie, highly skilled. I figure she wrecks his day. He'll fight, she won't just one-punch him, but...
    Now I'm picturing this exchange happening mid-fight.

Captain America: *breathing heavily* I can do this all day.

Agent Tex: Don't worry. *cracks knuckles* You won't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Now I'm picturing this exchange happening mid-fight.

Captain America: *breathing heavily* I can do this all day.

Agent Tex: Don't worry. *cracks knuckles* You won't have to.
    That sounds about right. ^_^ I mean, Cap will get his hits in, buuuuut....
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I wouldn't say a little. The box she catches looks comparable to the box Cap dropped on Spider-Man, who struggled and got trapped under it, where Tex chucked hers at other people. And Spider-Man overpowered the Winter Soldier's metal arm casually, and the arm is stronger than Cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

I don't know, your assessment was my first instinct but then I recalled Cap has got some pretty nuts strength feats. His lifting of the structural metal on Bucky at the end of Winter Soldier is pretty out there as is his generally tussling with Iron Man suits and Ultron Drones and so on.

Tex does her stuff a lot more casually, true, but I don't think the strength differential is as massive as I first thought.

I get what you're saying. Cap does have some pretty extreme strength feats.

For me, it's kind of getting into the whole 'this is what we see Cap doing when he's straining', or 'fighting against a damaged Iron Man', or stuff like that. Whereas what we see here is Tex kinda...not really exerting herself. The only time is when she actually CATCHES the falling cargo trailer, which falls a good distance and will have quite a bit of speed on top of its mass to add to the difficulty.

Then she throws it...I don't know, a fair chunk more than 50' (Cap is not doing this, ever)? And it keeps on rolling and bouncing after it's cut in half?

Everything else is rather absently done, like it's nothing.

Again, I'll reference the scene at the end where she pushes the large, concrete barrier. She's moving it around like I'd move around a dining room chair edit: on a wooden floor - she pushes it sideways with her toe, for crying out loud, with zero body behind the movement, then kind of slowly presses it forward. Not slowly because she's straining; slowly because she's kind of toeing it into position, perfectly. It's not on sliders. It's not on wheels. It's 1 ton of concrete on a concrete floor that she's just casually toeing around like it's nothing.

Could Cap shove that thing around? Sure.

Would he get down, put his body behind it, and push? I figure yes. Like that, it wouldn't be that hard for him (he likely wouldn't be killing himself), but he's nowhere near just using the side of one toe to grind it sideways a fair amount, then prod it into place with the ball of his foot.

Cap's car kick is nice - the front end pivots about 30 degrees with enough force to send a man flying like a toy. Tex kicks a gigantic metal plate that looks to be somewhere between 1/2" and 1" thick, 8' wide and probably 15' tall so that the entire plate slides a good 15' before slamming into something (ie, would have kept going).

Mileage may vary, but for me there's a pretty big gulf.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-19-2020 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Small corrections for great justice!
    Why are we here?

That sounds like a fair assessment, I'd forgotten about her chucking the shipping container quite as far.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know, your assessment was my first instinct but then I recalled Cap has got some pretty nuts strength feats. His lifting of the structural metal on Bucky at the end of Winter Soldier is pretty out there as is his generally tussling with Iron Man suits and Ultron Drones and so on.

Tex does her stuff a lot more casually, true, but I don't think the strength differential is as massive as I first thought.
    Sounds like Tex's durability might be a relevant factor. If she doesn't outclass Cap in Speed, he might be about to land some hits on her that mess her up.

That sounds like a fair assessment, I'd forgotten about her chucking the shipping container quite as far.
    In regards to Cap fighting with Iron Man... he was chipping away at a Tony that wasn't focused on him, but killing Bucky. When Iron Man decided to turn on Cap, he tore him to pieces; and only ended up losing because of the damage that Steve/Bucky had managed to do to his armor beforehand, the skill disparity, and Bucky distracting him at the last second by grabbing his boot. Not to mention, Tony is obviously not trying to kill him (Steve) whereas Steve is doing literally everything within his power to prevent Tony from killing Bucky.

Mitigating factors aside, Cap would've died pretty quickly.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Standard equipment has to include at least some sort of fire arm for Tex, right? It seems like she should be able to just bum rush Cap, soak a bit of two, then use her comparable skill and superior strength to either grapple him into submission or shoot him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Sounds like Tex's durability might be a relevant factor. If she doesn't outclass Cap in Speed, he might be about to land some hits on her that mess her up.
    Okay, let's consider this.

Tex is wearing armor that comes equipped with an energy shield. Her armor is basically immune to modern small-arms. Cap can likely do enough damage - given his shield and strength - to start working his way through that armor, once he gets the shields down.

In contrast, Tex being rather impressively more strong than Cap, without any armor to work through, she just needs to start landing hits to mess him.

How do we figure that's going to work out for Cap, if their skill and speed is anywhere near equal (given the crap Tex pulls off in the movie, I personally can figure them to be at least somewhere close to par)?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Standard equipment has to include at least some sort of fire arm for Tex, right? It seems like she should be able to just bum rush Cap, soak a bit of two, then use her comparable skill and superior strength to either grapple him into submission or shoot him.
    Rifle, likely grenades. The bum rush part works just fine, especially considering she has...

1. Better durability thanks to energy shields and rather impressive armor;
    2. Far higher strength than Cap.

I can't really see Cap taking her out with a single shield throw, given her shields and armor. She gets into hand to hand, and it's Cap against someone with skill and speed that we can likely say is in the same region, but who has fantastic armor on and vastly greater strength.

She's going to tear him apart.

As an aside, I forgot something about her 'throw the big cargo container'. It wasn't empty. It was, in fact, filled to the brim with medkits. The feat is even more crazy than I thought.
    Why are we here?

The thing also cratered her on impact, which speaks volumes about her blunt force durability.