Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Angry Unpopular/Controversial Opinions about Gaming

I wasn't sure if this thread existed, so I decided to make one myself. Feel free to vent all you want here because I know I will!

I feel like TLoU2 and Miles Morales are trying to hard to be interactive movies. It makes their actual gameplay feel very barebones.

Army of two was the best 3rd person shooter. The last one kinda ruined the story but the game play was still fun as hell.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The Bethesda Fallout games are trash.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    The Bethesda Fallout games are trash.
    I second this, fallout 4 is the only i finished and I liked the world to some degree but the gameplay I just didn't like.

Telltale products aren't games.

Devil May Cry 2 isn't that bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Devil May Cry 2 isn't that bad.
    It actually is though.

Now DmC: Devil May Cry on the other hand is pretty darn fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Telltale products aren't games.
    You could argue that they're visual novels.

Within the Jak and Daxter franchise, Naughty Dog had attempted at doing a new entry before deciding to do the Last of Us. I liked the concept art they had and I wouldn't mind if they resurrected it in the future. I wouldn't mind a sequel to the franchise but a reboot is more likely.

I don't mind retiring Dante after DMC5 but I rather not have Nero as the lead.

The Disney worlds of KH feel timeless but the original characters are more akin to an average shonen anime from the early 2000s.

I don't mind the AC movie bringing in a new assassin/time period. I think Video game movies would benefit from having new stories and occasionally new characters than just retelling the story of the game.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-13-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Cloud Gaming is the future and will essentially steal a chunk of market share from consoles.

PC gaming will become niche as consoles become more powerful and bridge the gap - plus the aforementioned rise of cloud gaming.

BANNED

-- I don't want a Half-Life 3, I think the game ended fine with Episode 2 and I don't really need to see any more of those characters and world. Whatever people wanted or expected of HL-3 or what it could have been or what they dream of it, has either been matched/surpassed or beyond expectations.

-- If you crunch a game you don't deserve any GOTY awards, that includes your RDR2, your Witcher games, your ACs, your Naughty Dog titles.

-- Rockstar Games haven't made a great game since San Andreas, and their storytelling and gameplay ideas have stagnated since then. That includes GTA-IV, its DLCs, GTA-V especially, even RDR-1 (which goes off the rails when it goes to Mexico) and especially their most recent offering RDR-2. The only exception is Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare which is not only better than the main RDR-1 game but also better than anything else that Rockstar did in the last decade or so.

-- I happen to believe that gamers who play a game casually or briefly have the same value of experience as those who play it deeply. If you played Dark Souls up to a certain point and didn't complete the game, you might not be in a position to judge the full game but in terms of gameplay...if you have experienced the janky combat, the weird approach to lore and storytelling via item descriptions and vague conversations, if you have died and bonfired and recovered souls, if you fought and lost against a boss a few times...your experience of Dark Souls is the same as anyone who has completed the full game three times even if you just got out of Asylum Dungeon and up to the Capra Demon.

-- Open World Game is stagnating and is not the be-all and end-all. A wide-linear level-based approach similar to Arkane's Dishonored games with each level being mini-sandboxes is a more interesting and rewarding alternative.

-- Bioshock games have by and large not aged well and are overrated messes with dubious politics (the first game is too soft on Ayn Rand, Infinite by Ken Levine morally equates anti-racists with Jim Crow...and I'm like what). Minerva's Den the DLC to the second game is the only wholly satisfactory and relevant chunk of games that the story has.

-- A good and great Superman game can be made. The character is not impossible to do in the medium.

-- I think Microsoft Xbox should shut up shop, accept Sony PlayStation as their overlords, bend the knee, and pledge fealty. The fewer consoles the better for consumers. Microsoft should lend its considerable software and OS experience to Sony and offer help and improvements to Sony on that front. Realistically Nintendo will never quit the console market and become a third party developer and they make games for a market that Sony and Microsoft doesn't address. But functionally, there's no reason for Xbox to exist. They do not have the exclusive libraries that Sony has built, they have never once achieved the domination of a generation of consoles the way has Sony has done multiple times (with PS1, PS2, PS4). They should commit seppuku.

That's all for now, I am sure I will have more to say later.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 12-13-2020 at 04:35 PM.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

battleborn was better than overwatch

The Disney worlds of KH feel timeless but the original characters are more akin to an average shonen anime from the early 2000s.
    The Kingdom Hearts parts are the worst parts of Kingdom Hearts.

When you're just doing Disney things of even Final Fantasy things, it shines

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I agree, I honestly couldn't care less about Sora or the other original characters. I know a LOT of fans are die-hard about Sora's journey but I'm just like... what are the Disney Villains up to...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I played KH3 and had no idea what was going on anytime an anime looking character was talking. I skipped all they're dialogue only listened to the Disney characters dialogue. What I did catch was so convoluted and really didn't care what I was missing