Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

avengers 40 preview doom phoenix vs phoenix cap

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

avengers 40 preview doom phoenix vs phoenix cap
    Is Aaron trying to sell toys, or something?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Coming soon to Marvel Legends.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Looks like your basic fight between a guy who never wants absolute power vs. a guy who is forever trying to get his grubby little mitts on absolute power. How original.

And of course, it's a fist fight, because telekinesis, energy manipulation, psychokinesis, molecular rearrangement, reality warping, and any number of powers that don't entail throwing a single punch is what the Phoenix Force is all about. The dilution of great concepts and dumbing down of the readership continues. Sad, so sad. smdh

I would love to see Adrienne Brashear https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Adrie...ar_(Earth-616) take on the mantle of the Phoenix and join the Avengers

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I would love to see Adrienne Brashear https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Adrie...ar_(Earth-616) take on the mantle of the Phoenix and join the Avengers
    I could totally be down with that! Excellent idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I wonder whatever became of the Iso-8 Cosmic Cube that Adrienne Brashear created?

As for who finally wins the Phoenix Force, my money is riding on Kamala Khan.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd like to see an artist do a "What would your favorite superhero/supervillain's costume look like if he/she/it hosted the Phoenix Force?"
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'd like to see an artist do a "What would your favorite superhero/supervillain's costume look like if he/she/it hosted the Phoenix Force?"
    i feel like we do this every other year for variants
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

That would be pretty cool to see.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It does beg the question, why is Captain America shown wearing Dark Phoenix's colors instead of red, white and blue?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-20-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It does beg the question, why is Captain America shown wearing Dark Phoenix's colors instead of red, white and blue?
    Well, these costumes are inspired by Coipel’s Phoenix Five designs, which used the Dark Phoenix color scheme as well.

I wonder whatever became of the Iso-8 Cosmic Cube that Adrienne Brashear created?

As for who finally wins the Phoenix Force, my money is riding on Kamala Khan.
    That happens, total done with Marvel...for life! I will self-ban.

Looks like your basic fight between a guy who never wants absolute power vs. a guy who is forever trying to get his grubby little mitts on absolute power. How original.

And of course, it's a fist fight, because telekinesis, energy manipulation, psychokinesis, molecular rearrangement, reality warping, and any number of powers that don't entail throwing a single punch is what the Phoenix Force is all about. The dilution of great concepts and dumbing down of the readership continues. Sad, so sad. smdh
    All of this!! Because everything Avengers has to shoe horn captain America, I roll my eyes thinking this guy not only lacks the will to wield this type of power, he doesn't even have the creativity to do so. This was meant for the Stark, T'challa, Strange, and maybe Ghost Rider for this to be believable.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Well, these costumes are inspired by Coipel’s Phoenix Five designs, which used the Dark Phoenix color scheme as well.
    Ahhh, good point.