Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    don't forget this

I think this is gonna annoy people the most, but technically T'Challa has more wisdom in this regard than Thor since he's connected to the wisdom of every single Black Panther, and according to Aaron that connection exists prior to Thor receiving the hammer. Technically, Mjolnir has had a longer relationship with the Panther than with Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    don't forget this

I love this omg

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Getting hit with like 8 moons from a moon god? I dunno that would slow down most people in Marvel and the logic didn't seem like that much of a stretch. Also he proceeded to kill Mephisto thirty times in a row. It definitely wasn't some low showing for Thor.
    Moon Knight or Thor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Yeah people keep acting like he fought street level Moon Knight.

He fought Moon Knight powered by Khonshu on the Moon after he'd already stolen the powers from most of Marvel Earth. And all this power was stolen to take on multiple versions of Mephisto. People can nitpick it if you want but the context was clear
    I think the issue was taking a street-level character like Moon Knight and then retconning to heck and back to justify him making Thor look like a fool. The context is the context, but that doesn't make it good.
    I think this is gonna annoy people the most, but technically T'Challa has more wisdom in this regard than Thor since he's connected to the wisdom of every single Black Panther, and according to Aaron that connection exists prior to Thor receiving the hammer. Technically, Mjolnir has had a longer relationship with the Panther than with Thor.
    Can Jason Aaron stop writing Mjolnir?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah people keep acting like he fought street level Moon Knight.

He fought Moon Knight powered by Khonshu on the Moon after he'd already stolen the powers from most of Marvel Earth. And all this power was stolen to take on multiple versions of Mephisto. People can nitpick it if you want but the context was clear
    Leveling up MOON KNIGHT to Final Boss levels just to make heroes look bad doesn't make it a good story. Thor losing to Rogue was written better.

This has to be the most stupid thing I've read so far. Considering Black Panther and the Asgardians never had history together until Aaron pulled it out of thin air.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 12-09-2020 at 08:18 PM.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This has to be the most stupid thing I've read so far.
    Like I said it might be annoying, but that panel is not illogical based on what he's written.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

This has to be the most stupid thing I've read so far.
    LOL, but technically it is true. Thor is only around 1500 years old, the Panther line has known Mjolnir for a MILLION YEARS; but yes it is very stupid, oh so very stupid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Moon Knight or Thor?

I think the issue was taking a street-level character like Moon Knight and then retconning to heck and back to justify him making Thor look like a fool. The context is the context, but that doesn't make it good.

Can Jason Aaron stop writing Mjolnir?
    I'll be honest, I think people are being a bit sensitive here. I get Thor fans want him to be treated well, but a character needing to collapse multiple moons on top of him to subdue him doesn't make him look weak. Not to mention he ends the arc by literally beating the Phoenix force out of Moon Knight.

Leveling up MOON KNIGHT to Final Boss levels just to make heroes look bad doesn't make it a good story. Thor losing to Rogue was written better.
    how the hell did Thor lose to rogue?
    The J-man

I'll be honest, I think people are being a bit sensitive here. I get Thor fans want him to be treated well, but a character needing to collapse multiple moons on top of him to subdue him doesn't make him look weak. Not to mention he ends the arc by literally beating the Phoenix force out of Moon Knight.
    That sounds better than how Aaron's taken him out in every other arc...but that Mjolnir scene is just embarrassing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Avengers Annual #10.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

That sounds better than how Aaron's taken him out in every other arc...but that Mjolnir scene is just embarrassing.
    It is funny becaue mjolnir is also having some problems on the solo. It has to stop being a story beat, it is overused

Mighty Member

Is Thor usually taken out? I don't remember the first arc as much, but in the vampire arc he essentially had to spare Ghost Rider when he went berzerk (Jason Aaron's Ghost Riders are pretty powerful, and he's writing Robbie as one of the most powerful). In the next arc he went looked stronger than Johnny Blaze in hell (which is basically Ghost Rider with all the power Mephisto usually has. The only other time he's been taken out in this run really is with the Brood infection.

You guys are going to make me reread this run, I swear.

So, where to begin? Thor does not have Mjolnir for the first 19 or 20 issues, but he's still Thor.

Okay, so the first arc with Thor. Avengers are dealing with the Celestials and Loki's shenanigans. They lose the first fight. Thor goes to see Odin with She-Hulk. They have an adventure and do some kissy-kissy. They get that magic item and turn into giants. I think Ghost or Ironman is in a giant mech too, and they throw down with the Celestials. Then they win somehow.

They encounter Namor, and he kind of no-sells all their attacks. Captain Marvel gets the worst of it. Hulks the only one who looks like she goes all out tho. It's not much of a fight. They say some tough words and then go on their way. It's kind of implied Namor got a buff and has changed somehow, I'm waiting for Aaron to get back and address Namor and his team.

Then there's the 3 team battle, with Defenders of the Deep and the Russian team. Thor doesn't lose to Ursa Major. He gets bear-hugged from behind and Thor complains that he smells. Off Panel Thor bests the two gods on the Russian team.

Thor and Hulk go on a date.

The Vampire arc happens, and Thor brings his dog to chomp on the Hell Hound. He and the others fight mind-controlled Robbie, but they don't go all out on him.

Then we had the War of Kings the Thor event. He goes Berserk on a ton of Frost Giants.

Robbie Reyes arc. Cosmic Ghost Rider shows up and throws down, but the Avengers hold their own in a gutsy fight. They go to hell and beat the King of Hell Johnny Blaze at his own game.

Then the space arc happens. Thor gets that Brood virus. Fights Terrax. Scares Gladiator and his him on the ropes. How did Thor get back to normal again? How do you cure the Brood anyway?

Now we get to the Moon Knight Arc. So first, Moon Knight takes down Iron Fist and steals his power. Then he takes down Strange and steals his power. Then he takes down Ghost Rider and steals his power. He captures Black Panther. Then the Thor fight round 1 happens. Thor got surprised by the Khonshu magic shenanigans and then gets like 8 planets thrown at him. Then he comes back and beats Pheonix Powered Moon Knight

Honestly, I think Aaron's been fairly consistent in treating most of the team equally. He's sticking to the archetypes for each character, but they all get their moments. Beginning of the arc the bad guys catch the heroes with their pants down but then they rally by the end. Thor is the big gun on this time as seen in like three arcs now. I get the She-Hulk complaints because she's been written like Classic Banner so far, but it's just a phase and I still think it might lead to something. Out of everyone Captain Marvel's been the only character who hasn't had a seminal moment. All the other characters have had their shine. She's had some character moments with Tony and Robbie, but unlike the others, I feel like she hasn't had a truly epic scene in the run yet.

I'm not crazy about the 10,000 BC Avengers, but it's not like Marvel's going to do much with them after this. I think taking a look back at some of the ancient lineages for certain characters is interesting and might pan out in the future, especially for characters like Black Panther and Iron Fist, maybe even Odin. I'm not big on stone age Ghost Rider or Pheonix and I kind of don't care for Starbrand as a character in general, but that's just me. For Agomoto and others, it tracks. The only aspect that I roll my eyes at is them all knowing each other and teaming up. If there was like a one-time event or a war or something maybe I'd let it go, but the notion that there was a stone-age Avengers team and potentially that there's always been some type of Avengers team is a little too much. Still, this isn't something that drastically shakes things up. It's a storyline that I think will be largely overlooked in the future, but some characters like the OG Ironfist and the first Black Panther might pop up again in the future and I think that's fine.

Going back and rereading this arc it's kind of interesting to see how interconnected Aaron is making all these different aspects of the Marvel Universe and he's largely just building on what others have done before him like with Starbrand and the Pheonix. Look back at the Vampire arc and the conversation Dracula has with Tony about his father. This is not a run that I've been crazy about every issue, but I'll say Aaron's made some unexpected creative choices. I'm going to go back and re-read this run because it appears as though I overlooked a lot of story elements he's set up throughout, just from my quick skim.

And even the characters from the Moon Knight arc tie directly back to the 10,000 BC team. That's interesting, I wasn't paying close attention to this run till just now. Now I better understand the story Aaron may be crafting. Will see how things play out, still not sure what exactly he's building too with Mephisto; obviously, the previous issue gave us a better clue, but I'm still in a wait and see attitude.
    The J-man

BANNED

The same way most other characters lose to Rogue, she touches them and takes their power onto herself.

Is Thor usually taken out? I don't remember the first arc as much, but in the vampire arc he essentially had to spare Ghost Rider when he went berzerk (Jason Aaron's Ghost Riders are pretty powerful, and he's writing Robbie as one of the most powerful). In the next arc he went looked stronger than Johnny Blaze in hell (which is basically Ghost Rider with all the power Mephisto usually has. The only other time he's been taken out in this run really is with the Brood infection.
    He's constantly getting knocked around in this arc, either by Celestials, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Namor's people...I think even one of the vampire's knocked him around too.

It would be well and good if he got more on-panel moments to make up for it, but I don't really feel like he does. It feels like Aaron got his due with showcasing Thor in War of the Realms and that's it.