Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    But from what I read so far, most arcs have been miss for me, only the Vampire arc is a hit.
    Other than that, there really isn't that much to be invested about.
    But for me, I am invested in the Phoenix Arc and looking forward to it. Again, it is not out and we do not know what it is about or if it is good or bad, so we really cannot say at this point. If it is bad after it comes out, then I will say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    thor has lost like 3 fights
    This! Thor doesn’t lose three fights in decades and yet he’s lost three just recently. The Hulk totally kicked his ass and busted his skull. He lost to Subby and his team. The Juggernaut tossed him around like a rag doll. He won but it sure didn’t look like it. The Winter Guard. MoonKnight? That was the final indignity. So glad Aaron is off of his book. I was hoping to see more of the Squadron Supreme but that never happened. The way he has been writing Thor, Hyperion would have defeated him in one panel. Aaron has drawn out this BC stuff way to long. I’m going to pass on the Phoenix. I’ll pick the Avengers back up when they get another writer. Aaron’s BC themed run has been less than mediocre IMO.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Thor in Avengers is completely different to what I see in other books.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Thor in Avengers is completely different to what I see in other books.
    This is why I was hoping Thor would get written out of Aaron's Avengers when Cates took over and revamped him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    This! Thor doesn’t lose three fights in decades and yet he’s lost three just recently. The Hulk totally kicked his ass and busted his skull. He lost to Subby and his team. The Juggernaut tossed him around like a rag doll. He won but it sure didn’t look like it. The Winter Guard. MoonKnight? That was the final indignity. So glad Aaron is off of his book. I was hoping to see more of the Squadron Supreme but that never happened. The way he has been writing Thor, Hyperion would have defeated him in one panel. Aaron has drawn out this BC stuff way to long. I’m going to pass on the Phoenix. I’ll pick the Avengers back up when they get another writer. Aaron’s BC themed run has been less than mediocre IMO.
    that was a joke i actually feel thor should get beat up more
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is why I was hoping Thor would get written out of Aaron's Avengers when Cates took over and revamped him again.
    He's barely been in it though especially after War of The Realms. I feel like whenever we see Thor by Aaron in any book it is the same Thor from his run and not the Cates uber Thor

This was awful. And yeesh can Aaron start putting descriptors of some of his characters. there wasn't a single character of color in this unless we counting the beasts which is rich coming from a book mentioning such things.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I actually sort of liked this issue, liking the prehistoric redhead girl,
    but the prehistoric Avengers are still not going anywhere, damn it

Mighty Member

Part of the reason the team still feels disconnected is cause of these issues. Its not that they're bad or uninteresting. But all the downtime between story arcs gets used to tell a story from the ancient Avengers, whereas in other books that would be the time where you see some of the calm/team building moments.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    He's barely been in it though especially after War of The Realms. I feel like whenever we see Thor by Aaron in any book it is the same Thor from his run and not the Cates uber Thor
    Aaron's Thor can vary widely depending on what issue you're reading. As it is his standard for Thor in Avengers seems to be his depiction in the first issue of his third volume.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 12-09-2020 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Deleted reply to deleted flaming post

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    To be fair Moon Knight basically took down a bunch of top tier heroes, not just Thor.
    But Thor is a god, and wielding the Odinforce at the time IIRC. He should be on a totally different level of any of the Avengers or their opponents. And the way Thor was taken down was such contrived BS.
    Last edited by Celtic1967; 12-09-2020 at 11:43 AM.
    Wanna make somethin' of it?

I mean every Magical being on Marvel earth lost to Moon Knight tho,

and Thor was more contained then knocked out, didn't he come back in a rage by the end of the arc?

I think the only other real Ls he took were in that Hulk book. I'm guessing the Juggernaut loss came in X-men unless Dreaded Porcupine talking about that really old fight.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    It ignored what happened to She-Hulk in her ongoing and regressed her to some brute form. It made Thor get pushed around by Moon Knight because Uru is moon rock (that just hurts to type).
    don't forget this

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    But Thor is a god, and wielding the Odinforce at the time IIRC. He should be on a totally different level of any of the Avengers or their opponents. And the way Thor was taken down was such contrived BS.
    Getting hit with like 8 moons from a moon god? I dunno that would slow down most people in Marvel and the logic didn't seem like that much of a stretch. Also he proceeded to kill Mephisto thirty times in a row. It definitely wasn't some low showing for Thor.

Yeah people keep acting like he fought street level Moon Knight.

He fought Moon Knight powered by Khonshu on the Moon after he'd already stolen the powers from most of Marvel Earth. And all this power was stolen to take on multiple versions of Mephisto. People can nitpick it if you want but the context was clear
    The J-man