Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    BANNED

Back in classic times, Thor being taken out in team books used to actually mean something, decades ago him and Hulk were Marvels heaviest hitters, obviously that roster expanded in recent years with Sentry, Blue Marvel, 15 different Hyperions, etc.. but back then Count Nefaria or Ultron or whoever taking out Hulk/Thor would be treated as the central point of the book, everyone would stare in awe and knew they were screwed now, but in Aarons Avengers, Thor gets taken out in the background sometimes and nobody even pays attention i feel like they would be more worried about Captain America or Black Panther being knocked out than Thor, it's fairly silly and blatantly obvious Aaron holds a grudge against a certain section of Thors fanbase.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Well Jabare's recount was fairly accurate although I can't vouch for Vampires arc. No way to beat the Celestial in a fist fight, Namor performs better underwater but everyone saved face in the rematch, the Ghost Riders are on Thor's level so it can go either way.

I only have problems with Brood virus and Moon Knight bully (with regards to Thor)

But this thread is about the Phoenix and that mythos should stick with the X-Men.
    "Cable was right!"

I'll just consider this tun uncanon.

btw, Odin's story is is the only one left alongside Sorcerer Supreme.

I cannot wait to see what retcons and character butchering will he make up just to fit his Odin x Phoenix romance.
    Last edited by GodThor; 12-10-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's constantly getting knocked around in this arc, either by Celestials, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Namor's people...I think even one of the vampire's knocked him around too.

It would be well and good if he got more on-panel moments to make up for it, but I don't really feel like he does. It feels like Aaron got his due with showcasing Thor in War of the Realms and that's it.
    So you're not saying these are low showings, just that he doesn't get to look heroic. Cause he's definitely not on the tier of celestials or cosmic ghost rider.

In terms of getting showcased, I thought him casually almost obliterating robbie (again, ghost rider is insanely powerful) and beating the phoenix force our of moon knight were really cool. I'll admit I don't read his own series though, so I haven't seen what his heroism usually looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    So you're not saying these are low showings, just that he doesn't get to look heroic. Cause he's definitely not on the tier of celestials or cosmic ghost rider.

In terms of getting showcased, I thought him casually almost obliterating robbie (again, ghost rider is insanely powerful) and beating the phoenix force our of moon knight were really cool. I'll admit I don't read his own series though, so I haven't seen what his heroism usually looks like.
    I do think they're low showings (on-top of him not looking very heroic), especially when the events you bring up are rare instances compared to his usual showing in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well Jabare's recount was fairly accurate although I can't vouch for Vampires arc. No way to beat the Celestial in a fist fight, Namor performs better underwater but everyone saved face in the rematch, the Ghost Riders are on Thor's level so it can go either way.

I only have problems with Brood virus and Moon Knight bully (with regards to Thor)

But this thread is about the Phoenix and that mythos should stick with the X-Men.
    Thor didn't do much in the vampire arc. He destroyed a Supercharged Ghost Rider's arms then got knocked back. Also, he brought his dog, Thori, to the second fight.

To me, Thor isn't taking Ls outside of round one against Moon Knight. That doesn't bug me because Aaron went out of his way to say this isn't regular Moon Knight, it's like magical Amazo. I'm more familiar with modern Moon Knight than his mystical side, but I'm aware of his original origins, so I gotta just go with it. But he didn't get beat down in the Avengers book as he did in the Immortal Hulk book. Hulked knocked out teeth and took Thor's will to fight.

In the Avengers book, they all have trouble putting down the Celestials. For the vampire arc, they aren't trying to kill Robbie, but I'd say they do alright against him. I didn't get how Thor became a Brood and got cured, so I'll leave that alone.

I think some people are upset about Ursa Major, but rereading the panel, Thor isn't really in trouble there. The bear is just on him till he gets flung off.

Now we still have questions about Namor. They had that one engagement underwater where he stopped Thor and Ironman's attacks. Then he headbutted Captain Marvel with ease before tanking a full powerbomb from She-Hulk. I know Namor's stronger underwater, but I'm still waiting for Aaron to explain what's going on with Namor.

Plus, Thor was coming off the whole Unworthy phase before the War of Kings?

I have mixed feelings about the new Phoenix story. I will associate it with solely being an X-men entity (despite AvX) and I've gotten very comfortable with the X-men inhabiting their corner of the Marvel Universe. Still, for all those fans clamoring for Mutants to be more involved in other events and stories, this is an example.
    Last edited by Jabare; 12-10-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I do think they're low showings (on-top of him not looking very heroic), especially when the events you bring up are rare instances compared to his usual showing in the book.
    Yea, we're gonna have to agree to disagree. Celestials and Cosmic Ghost Rider would beat Thor under any writer

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea, we're gonna have to agree to disagree. Celestials and Cosmic Ghost Rider would beat Thor under any writer
    I'm not asking for Thor to beat character way outside his power level, just for a more overall respectful and actual consistently useful portrayal of him.

I feel like Waid used Jane better on his team compared to how Aaron handles Thor.

Mighty Member

I'm not asking for Thor to beat character way outside his power level, just for a more overall respectful and actual consistently useful portrayal of him.

I feel like Waid used Jane better on his team compared to how Aaron handles Thor.
    that's fair

Speaking of Waid, I feel like a run that was a mix of the best of Waid and the best of Aaron would have the potential to be a really great Avengers run.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I'll just consider this tun uncanon.

btw, Odin's story is is the only one left alongside Sorcerer Supreme.

I cannot wait to see what retcons and character butchering will he make up just to fit his Odin x Phoenix romance.
    Correction, next to nothing has been said, or done with Black Panther. So far most of what we know is that he likes to crouch down off to the corner, and wear cat skin. While that is b-level pimpin', I would love to know his motivations, origins, hell can the dude say more than 3 words toward any kind of narrative? Most of the others, we at least know roughly what their powers are...???