Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

What would be interesting is if Aaron did something like what he did with Jane, take a side character and give them the Phoenix power. Not another super necessarily (although if it were to be Firebird, I certainly would not complain. ) perhaps, like Firebird, a woman of ethnicity?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is there any way Jane doesn't win the tournament ?
    I wonder what she will become next

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    What would be interesting is if Aaron did something like what he did with Jane, take a side character and give them the Phoenix power. Not another super necessarily (although if it were to be Firebird, I certainly would not complain. ) perhaps, like Firebird, a woman of ethnicity?
    I stan this idea.

Since we are getting a new Valkyrie i can see Jane becoming Phoenix.

BANNED

Jane is definitely getting the Phoenix since I think it'll put her on the radar again.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I really like Aarons roster with the exception of Blade, why does everybody have to be offered Avengers membership ffs.
    Shang Chi is in this next storyline, seriously a street level karate kid, ho hum.
    How about bringing back the Scarlet Witch or Quick Silver.
    Yes Jason Aarons run has been very ordinary.
    And as for Avengers 1,000,000 bc stop that **** now.
    Funny, cause Blade has at least been written consistent, and with distinct charactization by Aaron.

are people really gonna bash Shang Chi, when the Avengers have had Ironfist, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Swordsman come on! Shang Chi is completely fine for the Avengers. I like seeing fresh blood on the team form time to time instead of the same ole same ole.

Blade has been the highlight of this run. Aarron gets the tone of the character and plays to his strengths. Not to mention the Vampire arc was by far the best arc.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    are people really gonna bash Shang Chi, when the Avengers have had Ironfist, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Swordsman come on! Shang Chi is completely fine for the Avengers. I like seeing fresh blood on the team form time to time instead of the same ole same ole.

Blade has been the highlight of this run. Aarron gets the tone of the character and plays to his strengths. Not to mention the Vampire arc was by far the best arc.
    Agreed on all accounts.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Hyperion! Yay! Is this the brainwashed clone version or the Hickman version? (What happened to the latter??)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Hyperion! Yay! Is this the brainwashed clone version or the Hickman version? (What happened to the latter??)
    I am guessing it's the brainwashed version but it looks like Aaron gave up or postponned the arc where the brainwashed Squadron Supreme was meant to fight the Avengers.

Incredible Member

Jane Foster is the QUEEN of stealing Monikers. I'm loving this because this has the chance for Marvel to finally have their most iconic female Superhero. Valkyrie has experience with life and now death and she gets the benefit of both with the Phoenix. I can't wait to see the final costume and hope her hair is made up of cosmic red fire (out of respect of course).

I don't get the point of even giving it to Black Panther. Writers are so afraid of letting a black hero being better than anyone else. Now if wrote Phoenix Black Panther properly then we would see a T'Challa with the anybody can get mentality and we know numbers 1 and 2 at the top of the list. That eurotrash bum doom first, then namor getting that work next. Nah, can't do something different and upset the status quo. So, who cares about this flaming jive turkey!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wouldn't mind Jane as Phoenix, but I do like her as Valkyrie and even though we are back to multiple ones now, she could still stand out the way Brunhilde did in the Defenders, just maintain her presence on an Avengers team.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm sick of the cosmic chicken
    Ditto! Sick of Aaron too. His Thor was awful and his BC stuff has been long and drawn out to the point I’m ready to drop the Avengers.

Mighty Member

I dont think its jean this time .Events from Phoenix Resurrection 5 confers that.But there is i thing that gets me.The Events from AVX has hope saying no more Phoenix
    Unless there is more to the Phoenix.I hope Aaron uses those two comics as reverence