Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    All of this!! Because everything Avengers has to shoe horn captain America, I roll my eyes thinking this guy not only lacks the will to wield this type of power, he doesn't even have the creativity to do so. This was meant for the Stark, T'challa, Strange, and maybe Ghost Rider for this to be believable.
    I'm guessing that preview is from early in the series, but if it's a glimpse of the final battle, then I think we all know what happens -- Cap defeats Doom and then unleashes the PF back to the cosmos. I trust the story won't be that predictable, but on the other hand it was rather predictable that they'd use the PF in this fashion. Kind of saw it coming after Thanos or Thanos, Jr. had the PF.

That happens, total done with Marvel...for life! I will self-ban.
    I'm just spit-balling. Others mention Jane, but if I'm being honest, if it's not Jean or Rachel, I really don't care who gets the PF. They won't have it for long.

That happens, total done with Marvel...for life! I will self-ban.
    lol no love for Ms. Marvel? She got her own video game this year and I think they are developing a show or movie for her
    The J-man

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Trash in a bag on the side of the street. Is there no creativity in the Avengers office? Why not create some new cosmic entity as opposed to poaching from the X-Men. This is sad, y’all

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    are people really gonna bash Shang Chi, when the Avengers have had Ironfist, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Swordsman come on! Shang Chi is completely fine for the Avengers. I like seeing fresh blood on the team form time to time instead of the same ole same ole.

Blade has been the highlight of this run. Aarron gets the tone of the character and plays to his strengths. Not to mention the Vampire arc was by far the best arc.
    With the exception of Hawkeye (not current version) I could not stand any of those characters as Avengers.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Why not create some new cosmic entity as opposed to poaching from the X-Men.
    The flip side is that how many more entities can the universe accommodate without huge overlaps in their portfolios? How many concepts and ideas have not yet been embodied?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The flip side is that how many more entities can the universe accommodate without huge overlaps in their portfolios? How many concepts and ideas have not yet been embodied?
    I think we've already reached that point. Not just in terms of entities, but in terms of the various McGuffins that exist which can either grant omnipotence or reduce reality to a possessor's whim.

They chose the Phoenix Force, as opposed to say, the Uni-Power or the Heart of Darkness or any number of cosmos-rending amps, because the PF is more popular, and let's face it, sexier, than every other nigh-omnipotent forces out there.

But this is one of those cases where I think less is better. There have been too many Phoenix hosts already. They really should have stopped with Rachel.

Trash in a bag on the side of the street. Is there no creativity in the Avengers office? Why not create some new cosmic entity as opposed to poaching from the X-Men. This is sad, y’all
    I am ok with the use of Phoenix however they could have went with Psi-Hawk/Emmett Proudhawk which was used already in the 616 Ultimates book.

Marvel was once "The House Of Ideas" then it became a "Condo Of Concepts" then an "Apartment Of Atrophy" then a "Tent Of Tie-ins" until finally we found ourselves living in a "Cardboard Box Filled With Bulls***"
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I am ok with the use of Phoenix however they could have went with Psi-Hawk/Emmett Proudhawk which was used already in the 616 Ultimates book.
    Only one person can be Psi-Hawk (although it can be comprised of multiple psi-adepts), but the Phoenix Force can be distributed to multiple people at the same time. Also, if memory serves, the Psi-Hawk manifestation can't stay on this plane of existence for too long -- mere minutes -- just like Kevin Brashear. It's just too powerful.

All that aside, yes, I think this would have been a better route to take.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Has anybody seen the right side of this picture ?. I've seen the left which has She Hulk and Black Panther just wondering what the right side looks like and who is in it.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

I've always wondered why the Phoenix Force was not used in the Infinity Gauntlet storyline as all of the other main cosmic entities were.
    To make the Phoenix Force an X-Men only property is like making Galactus an Fantastic Four only character etc, etc.

images (9).jpeg
    That is a sensational idea to make Firebird one with the Phoenix Force, great match.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    How in the hell is Firebird not the main character in this??!?
    images (9).jpeg
    Sensational idea

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    They chose the Phoenix Force, as opposed to say, the Uni-Power…

But this is one of those cases where I think less is better. There have been too many Phoenix hosts already. They really should have stopped with Rachel.
    I just realized that the PF is now being treated like the UP, where it jumps from host to host.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES