Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Attachment 102501
    That is a sensational idea to make Firebird one with the Phoenix Force, great match.
    I would have loved this idea, but Marvel has stated years ago that there is no connection between Bonita and the PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I just realized that the PF is now being treated like the UP, where it jumps from host to host.
    Yes, yes it is indeed. I would have thought people would have realized that years ago, when the different hosts began popping up, instead of getting riled up that not only Jean is a host.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I would have loved this idea, but Marvel has stated years ago that there is no connection between Bonita and the PF.
    The costume change is a no-brainer, really. Just a few tweaks to the design, bingo! She's the Phoenix.
    Yes, yes it is indeed. I would have thought people would have realized that years ago, when the different hosts began popping up, instead of getting riled up that not only Jean is a host.
    For the next Marvel event let's see the Phoenix Force and Uni-Power try to possess the same host at the same time (and while we're at it, the Star Brand, Power Cosmic, etc.) then let's see the fans react!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I hope this ends with no one getting the Phoenix Force and it flying off into space to be alone by itself for a few decades. It's a concept that too many writers, Aaron included, get wrong and they just end up weakening it.

Do we know if Aaron has more planned after this arc, or will he wrap all of his Avengers 1,000,000 BC stuff in this arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The costume change is a no-brainer, really. Just a few tweaks to the design, bingo! She's the Phoenix.

For the next Marvel event let's see the Phoenix Force and Uni-Power try to possess the same host at the same time (and while we're at it, the Star Brand, Power Cosmic, etc.) then let's see the fans react!
    I remember reading that Bonita "received a fiery visitor on the night that Jean Grey died on the Moon. What connection she has to the Phoenix Force is as yet unrevealed." At the time, it was Jean Grey who died on the Moon, not the PF in Jean's form. I think Marvel intended Bonita to be the next Phoenix and then chickened out for some reason. I was happy at the mention and possible connection, only to be let down years later when Marvel retconned it to be a discarded alien child's experiment that caused Bonita's powers.

Yes it would be interesting to see various forces wanting the same host.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I remember reading that Bonita "received a fiery visitor on the night that Jean Grey died on the Moon. What connection she has to the Phoenix Force is as yet unrevealed." At the time, it was Jean Grey who died on the Moon, not the PF in Jean's form. I think Marvel intended Bonita to be the next Phoenix and then chickened out for some reason. I was happy at the mention and possible connection, only to be let down years later when Marvel retconned it to be a discarded alien child's experiment that caused Bonita's powers.

Yes it would be interesting to see various forces wanting the same host.
    It was revealed in a Marvel Fanfare that the Phoenix Force host from Avengers 1,000,000 BC is an distant relative to Firebird.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

It was revealed in a Marvel Fanfare that the Phoenix Force host from Avengers 1,000,000 BC is an distant relative to Firebird.
    Oh cool. Thanks for the info!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's too bad they never incorporated the Jade Firebird entity from the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu story into either the Phoenix Force mythos or Firebird's origin. But Jade was so obscure that they may not have known about the Firebird entity at all.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jade_(Earth-616)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/jade.htm#firebird

Attachment 102501
    That is a sensational idea to make Firebird one with the Phoenix Force, great match.
    With Yara Flor becoming Wonder Woman over in DC, maybe Firebird becoming Phoenix isn't a bad idea after all?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marvel beat DC to the punch a while back with Miss America (America Chavez). It's funny I use to feel that in the 90s and early 2000s DC did a better job with female representation and Marvel did a better job with POC representation. Now it's more just Marvel, in part do to their synergy and execution. Just speaking relatively comparing the two brands. Not that DC hasn't made strides or tried to.

I'll need to see Yara Flor around for a bit before I believe she won't just get New 52'd
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel beat DC to the punch a while back with Miss America (America Chavez). It's funny I use to feel that in the 90s and early 2000s DC did a better job with female representation and Marvel did a better job with POC representation. Now it's more just Marvel, in part do to their synergy and execution. Just speaking relatively comparing the two brands. Not that DC hasn't made strides or tried to.

I'll need to see Yara Flor around for a bit before I believe she won't just get New 52'd
    True, but if you listen to most Marvel readers explain it, America Chavez isn't Boricua or LatinX, she's an extradimensional extraterrestrial.

Between Yara Flor and Nubia, I think the Wonder Woman mantle will be similar to the Superman or Green Lantern in terms of representation. At least with the Wonder Woman mantle, it was supposed to be a title that other Amazons could compete for... and win. Diana, of course, kept it forever for all of the obvious reasons. I'll give DC some credit for at least giving an effort, but like Marvel, they have a ways to go to truly convince me that they're trying to turn a new leaf. If 5 - 10 years from now any of these characters are still around and featured regularly in stories and not just token supporting cast, then I'll believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    True, but if you listen to most Marvel readers explain it, America Chavez isn't Boricua or LatinX, she's an extradimensional extraterrestrial.

Between Yara Flor and Nubia, I think the Wonder Woman mantle will be similar to the Superman or Green Lantern in terms of representation. At least with the Wonder Woman mantle, it was supposed to be a title that other Amazons could compete for... and win. Diana, of course, kept it forever for all of the obvious reasons. I'll give DC some credit for at least giving an effort, but like Marvel, they have a ways to go to truly convince me that they're trying to turn a new leaf. If 5 - 10 years from now any of these characters are still around and featured regularly in stories and not just token supporting cast, then I'll believe them.
    In theory/principle, what you're saying makes sense, but in practice, it rarely pans out that way (with A-list characters).

Superman will always be Clark Kent (Kal-El), same with Wonder Woman, after 70+ years, you are not going to replace Diania with someone. The same goes for Batman. As much as I loved Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder's take with Dick Grayson as Batman, the vast majority of people will only see Bruce Wayne. And with these sliding time scales, if an original character is popular enough, they stay.

I'm okay with new blood and characters aging, passing the torch to younger generations. Wally West as the Flash, Gohan taking over for Goku, new Batman, etc. It just doesn't happen that way, from a fan perspective and a publisher perspective. There are some exceptions for lesser tier characters. You can swap out a Firestorm or a Blue Beetle, but in this day and age, you aren't sidelining an A-list hero for long.

Green Lantern is an ensemble at this point. It's an army core, a police force, or whatever you want to call it. Anyone can be a Green Lantern without replacing a pre-established one. We'll see what happens, but the last 30 years tell me that A-list heroes don't get replaced with new heroes in mediums like this. Nubia has been around for years. There are alternate Superman, but when you say Superman, you think of one person. Plus, Diania Prince has a seocnd movie on the way. DC isn't going to bench her.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh, that's Jennifer, not Cho.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oh, that's Jennifer, not Cho.
    This makes me wonder what a pre-Aaron Phoenix She-Hulk might look like.

That is definitely Jennifer as one of the Avengers who might get chosen. I never heard of Cho being in the running....