Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    With the platform bed and the clown painting?
    Especially with those.

I gotta share this site, of course.

And yeah, Frasier's apartment is great. The only thing I'd change are the light fixtures, which are incredibly 90s.

https://www.arch2o.com/20-detailed-f...ular-tv-shows/

Also, the Netflix MCU villains almost always have the best digs. Whoever does scouting for those shows really knows upper scale NYC.

I always secretly wanted to live in a Gothic/Victorian style house similar to that of the Munsters. Decorated with cobwebs and all that other fantastic spooky stuff.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The Addams Family set is even stranger looking in color.

https://c.fastcompany.net/multisite_...0-addams-2.jpg
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    The Addams Family set is even stranger looking in color.

https://c.fastcompany.net/multisite_...0-addams-2.jpg
    I remember the first time i saw color pics of the Addams house, it made me like it even more!

Uncle Phil's mansion - Fresh Prince of Bel air
    Monica's apartment -Friends

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Oh, I want to add Gull Cottage from The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Both the English movie version and the Maine TV version.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I knew that as much as you love Dallas, you would answer your own question with Southfork.

However, as much as I also like Dallas, this is one time I have to disagree with you.

In general, the sets on Dallas were terrible -- especially in the early seasons. For a billionaire oil family, they were given a really chintzy-looking set. That living room/dining room set was extremely small, and most of the in-house scenes took place there -- or in one of the small bedrooms. The Ewing Oil offices were terrible, too. Once Dynasty took off, you can see how the Dallas producers tried to renovate their sets to make them look more upscale, but could never match Dynasty.

In contrast, the sets on Dynasty were spectacular. Say what you want about the show, but it reeked of money. Aaron Spelling always made his shows look the best on TV, and Dynasty is the prime example of that. Spelling never skimped on production values and wardrobe for his shows. You can really see the money on screen.

I love Dallas, but the Ewings lived like white trash compared to the Carringtons. The mansion and Alexis' apartment were fantastic looking.
    I respectfully disagree with you. I always found the Carrington mansion cold and vast. It didn't feel like a family home.

But Southfork was definitely a home for family. I loved the breakfast meals outside by the pool or under the patio. I loved the family meals around the big table in the dining room. I loved the upstairs where all the bedrooms were close to each other, like a real home.

Sure, all they did was fight and argue, but Southfork was a family home, which is what I would want.

Southfork was the home of a successful lawyer, NOT the home of oil billionaires. Their office was even more of a joke. I remember one scene when Bobby makes a drink from a little rolling tray filled with bottles. Really, the head of an oil company and no wet bar. It's a poor person's idea of what rich people look like.

This looks more like the office of a secretary to an oil company's executive.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Well, I guess we could argue all day about Dallas, but I still love that house and that show.

However, I will add some runners-up to my favorite - some have been mentioned and some have not:

Of course, the Brady's house on The Brady Bunch - and for the last time, Mike designed that house for his first family with three boys. He did not intend for six kids to share one bathroom.
    Frasier's apartment - what an amazing place, and so much more homier than Niles' gigantic structure.
    The Huxtable home on The Cosby Show. What a beautiful home.
    Mary Richards' apartment on Mary Tyler Moore. Just perfect for one person.
    Blanche's house on The Golden Girls - it just seemed so cozy for the four ladies. And loved that lanai.

Not saying Southfork wasn't a nice place. It would be lovely for an upper middle class family. It was just ridiculous that it was a multi-family home for billionaires. They had an oil empire. The Clampetts just had some oil on their land and their home was 100x grander.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I respectfully disagree with you. I always found the Carrington mansion cold and vast. It didn't feel like a family home.

But Southfork was definitely a home for family. I loved the breakfast meals outside by the pool or under the patio. I loved the family meals around the big table in the dining room. I loved the upstairs where all the bedrooms were close to each other, like a real home.

Sure, all they did was fight and argue, but Southfork was a family home, which is what I would want.
    Speaking for myself, of course I'm not "arguing" about Dallas because I love the show as well. I understand the show is important to you, so I hope we can all have a sense of humor about this. However, I'm not blind to its production faults. For whatever reason, Dallas didn't really have great production design.

However, I do give them props for duplicating the Southfork patio exterior on the studio lot for those episodes where they didn't shoot on location at the real "Southfork."

Even the office picture above is AFTER the refurbishing of the sets. JR's original office was even less impressive.

Dynasty was pure fantasy, so nothing was designed to be "homey." It was supposed to be big and larger than life -- the epitome of excess and opulence, and I think it delivered on that.

Dynasty reeked of wealth, so purely as a TV show, it had a lot of eye-candy to look at, production-wise.

Dallas's strong suit was its storytelling and its characters, but it is telling that Dallas did try to be more Dynasty-like in its wardrobe and characters in later seasons. Hence, the introduction of the Oil Baron's Ball (and the replacement of the Cattleman's Club restaurant with the Oil Baron's Club for those many lunch scenes) and characters like Mark Graison, a playboy Polo player who could have fit right in on Dynasty. When Pam was separated from Bobby as a result of Season 5's fight for Ewing Oil, she jetted off with Mark to the South of France. The characters started doing more "rich-people-things." In earlier seasons, she would have checked into a hotel in town or slept on Cliff's couch!
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 11-20-2020 at 04:51 PM.

The Sanzenin Mansion (三千院家別宅 Sanzen'in ka bettaku), from the anime TV series called Hayate The Combat Butler

https://hayatenogotoku.fandom.com/wiki/Sanzenin_Mansion

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'd like a good Starfleet quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'd like a good Starfleet quarters.
    I certainly wouldn't mind having one of those replicators