Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75
  1. #1
    Mighty Member SecretWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,970

    Default Is Captain America the Avenger With The Best Supporting Cast?


  2. #2
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,017

    Default

    Um. Is water wet?

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Three words. Spider-Man
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member SecretWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Three words. Spider-Man
    Aunt May over James Buchanan Barnes?

    Miles Morales over Sam Wilson?

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,159

    Default

    Spider-Man is not an Avenger, not until those A-holes pay him for his years of unpaid service at any rate.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Aunt May over James Buchanan Barnes?

    Miles Morales over Sam Wilson?
    Absolutely.

    More seriously, it’s really annoying how normal people get shunted in the Marvel Universe. Spider-Man’s is “better” because he’s managed to keep a lot of his normal cast members.

  7. #7
    Mighty Member SecretWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Absolutely.

    More seriously, it’s really annoying how normal people get shunted in the Marvel Universe. Spider-Man’s is “better” because he’s managed to keep a lot of his normal cast members.
    J. Jonah Jameson is the one above all.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Aunt May over James Buchanan Barnes?

    Miles Morales over Sam Wilson?
    Aunt May all day. A
    And Okay you got me with Sam.

    But a supporting cast is more then just the other heroes and Sidekicks that Captain America pals around with. It is a heroes whole world. Friends, Girl Friends, Coworkers. And when it comes to that no one can touch Spider Man.

    Who is even in Captain Americas circle that is not another hero or spy?
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-18-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,294

    Default

    Why are we talking about Spider-Man? I feel like we should be comparing the core Avengers (Thor, Iron Man, etc.)

    Thor has a pretty spectacular mythos of characters when used properly.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why are we talking about Spider-Man? I feel like we should be comparing the core Avengers (Thor, Iron Man, etc.)

    Thor has a pretty spectacular mythos of characters when used properly.
    I brought up Spiderman because the title said Avenger. No just core Avengers. And Spiderman has been an More then once over the Years. he may not be the first name you think of when you hear Avengers but he was on the team.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why are we talking about Spider-Man? I feel like we should be comparing the core Avengers (Thor, Iron Man, etc.)

    Thor has a pretty spectacular mythos of characters when used properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I brought up Spiderman because the title said Avenger. No just core Avengers. And Spiderman has been an More then once over the Years. he may not be the first name you think of when you hear Avengers but he was on the team.
    Yeah, but you gotta admit, it’s an unfair comparison.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yeah, but you gotta admit, it’s an unfair comparison.
    No. Not under the terms of the question. Is captain America the avenger with the best supporting cast? No Spiderman is.

    Even if we go core avengers captain America is not the top. Thor would take that list. Captain America cast is very limited.

    Who besides sam and bucky does he have? Maybe Sharon carter some is the time.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  13. #13
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    No. Not under the terms of the question. Is captain America the avenger with the best supporting cast? No Spiderman is.

    Even if we go core avengers captain America is not the top. Thor would take that list. Captain America cast is very limited.

    Who besides sam and bucky does he have? Maybe Sharon carter some is the time.
    As far as core supporting cast, Iron Man's only really got Pepper Potts, Rhodey, Bethany Cabe if a writer remembers her, and Mrs. Arbogast if they're feeling nostalgic.

  14. #14
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,855

    Default

    steve thor and tony all have good supporting casts but more than half of steve's writers use his, even the bad ones use steve's cast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    Discord call outs lead to panic. Panic leads to fear fear leads to hate hate leads to 1.99 slim Jimís at Walgreens

  15. #15
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Thor's supporting cast and world is better than any Avenger (core or otherwise). There is no discussion here. Close the thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •