Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Captain of the mid-card Retsu Kaioh needs a win

I'll freely admit that I dunk on Retsu Kaioh more than perhaps anyone else because, frankly, it's hilarious and he deserves it.

But, to show I'm not a complete monster, I feel like Senor Mid-Card should have a win.

Who is the strongest person Retsu Kaioh could beat in single combat?

All fights take place in the underground arena from Grappler Baki. Retsu is at the top of his game, both legs intact. Matches can be weapon-based if posters should desire.

Can we give top boy of jobbing a win?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Been a long time since I read Baki (sanity preservation) - got some feats for Retsu? Comparative stuff?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

He'd walk all over practically anybody from say, Holyland or Abyss Rage without much effort. So there's tons of wins in those IP's.

He'd probably beat all the lower tiers of Kengan, and probably Cosmo and Adam too. I like his chances against Kanoh but Kuroki and current Ohma, maybe not so much.

At the end of the day Retsu is basically the strongest and most skilled normal person in a world of monsters. And he chose to step into the ring with a monster, which is what got him killed.

Oh, and Retsu VS Niko(Kengan Asura) ends in a draw. For obvious reasons.
    Last edited by T51R; 11-19-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Been a long time since I read Baki (sanity preservation) - got some feats for Retsu? Comparative stuff?
    Serpently.

Retsu Kaioh is a pretty much top dog of mid-card Baki. He go a certain distance with the top tiers (Baki, Hanayama, Orochi, Yujiro, Pickle) but he's not on their level and can't beat them. He's got a number of weird, comparatively esoteric abilities to his name. A lot of his feats are bit weird and Shaolin-trick style gimmick things but I'll do my best off the top of my head.

Strength:

- Does a number of hits with such precision and speed that he reduces a 3 foot wide, maybe half a foot deep area in a concrete wall to dust. Like, he throws a bunch of punches, nothing seems to happen and then the stone collapses into dust.
    - Punches a massive stone basin hard enough to make ripples that surge across a 40 foot distance and collide with other ripples from another master creating an explosion of water.
    - As part of his training, carved and enormous stone boulder into a sphere.
    - His one inch punch sends Baki flying like 7 metres.

Speed:

- Ran on water for ten metres while carrying another person. Claimed he could have managed 15 metres by himself.
    - Routinely able to blitz normal and even reasonably well trained persons in speed.
    - Was quasi able to use Xiao Li to take hits from a katana wielded by Musashi and not be bisected.

Durability:

- Took multiple hits from Pickle, whom is strong enough to body slam a truck, without being knocked out.
    - Took a hit from Pickle's anti-bipedal rush which hurled him from the centre of the arena, through a timber barricade and then a further fifteen metres before cratering into a concrete wall and, while he was knocked out, he didn't seem that badly hurt by it when he woke up.

Generally he's a master of most Chinese Martial Arts, including weaponry. He can weaponise his breathing in like an air cannon to stun people or blind them. He uses his pony tail as a weapon, can do grabs with his toes and so on.

Does that help?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Thanks, Nik.

Well, the guy certainly looks 'above comic book peak human', at least in hitting power. Durability...probably in the area of CBPH, maybe a little more, but the Xiao Li thing makes it even harder to hurt him as I recall. Speed...despite the water-running stuff, seems to be somewhere in the ballpark of CBPH, maybe higher, maybe not.

Will consider.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I feel like he could take Anji from Kenshin well enough. A punch from Anji would obviously hurt, but Retsu should be fast enough to dodge him and wear him down.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.