Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 55 Preview

Given Kindreds focus on bringing in the Order of the Web in recognition of the fact that “Peter couldnt have a family” so Spider-Man has one now to make up for it... this has gotta be about One More Day. So excited to read this!

BANNED

I like how Spider-Gwen pushes back on Kindred's "blame it on Pete" narrative.

Kindred is acting like the Spider-Family is the Batfamily when the comparison just...doesn't really work. Peter's not really an orphan (Aunt May), he sought a family in real life instead of as Spider-Man, he's not really that close to most of them, and they're taking his symbol generally had very little, if anything, to do with him.

I mean, even Gwen gets to the heart of it because, despite looking somewhat like 616 Gwen, she really has nothing to do with Peter and doesn't want her life defined by him. Even Harry doesn't think she's like their Gwen so she has virtually nothing to really add to this.

And "children?" Does Harry not know how long Peter has been doing this? It's not like Spider-Man has ever been one for advocating against teen heroes since he was the original.

Spider-Man is not Batman.

Didn't realize Gleason was back for the last part of this! He brings a nice atmosphere to this.

I'm gonna assume there's more pages before this preview starts cause otherwise it's all very abrupt lmao. Especially coming from the last cliffhanger with MJ.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 12-24-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kindred is acting like the Spider-Family is the Batfamily when the comparison just...doesn't really work. Peter's not really an orphan (Aunt May), he sought a family in real life instead of as Spider-Man, he's not really that close to most of them, and they're taking his symbol generally had very little, if anything, to do with him.

I mean, even Gwen gets to the heart of it because, despite looking somewhat like 616 Gwen, she really has nothing to do with Peter and doesn't want her life defined by him. Even Harry doesn't think she's like their Gwen so she has virtually nothing to really add to this.

And "children?" Does Harry not know how long Peter has been doing this? It's not like Spider-Man has ever been one for advocating against teen heroes since he was the original.

14 years and counting
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

This is genius and stupid.

I like the concept of a kind of Spider-Family and Peter's attempt to build a family as Spider-Man, but none of this people are connected or inspired by Peter or have anything to do with him, Anya, Jess, Julia and Gwen weren't connected to Peter when they became heroes, Silk, to a small degree she was inspired to use her powers like him after watching his videos, Miles has gotten close with this Peter but he was inspired by another Peter, though Harry wouldn't know, so yeah, only Cindy and Miles got a reason to be here.

This would have been better with Ben, Kaine and Otto, those three were more connected to Peter and actually got inspired by him, on top of that Kaine and Ben are his brothers/clones, so yeah, Kindred is an idiot, and though I want a Spider-Family, this people were the wrong choice to add.
    Last edited by Jonathangoop1811; 12-24-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, at this point, I really want Pete to go off on Harry. I know Ish 54 had Kindred kill Pete over and over, to show how 'bada**' Kindred is... but, now, Harry really needs a serious reckoning.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I like how Spider-Gwen pushes back on Kindred's "blame it on Pete" narrative.
    Same here, but otherwise agree with most of the posts saying that the so-called Spider-Family actually has fairly little to do with Spider-Man/Peter besides sharing a spider motif and spider-based powers that cause them to occasionally (and infrequently) intersect. And yes, Harry/Kindred needs a beating badly, though depending on how the issue itself turns out, it might not change anything for the better, even if it would be somewhat cathartic to us in the readership.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post

I like the concept of a kind of Spider-Family and Peter's attempt to build a family as Spider-Man, but none of this people are connected or inspired by Peter or have anything to do with him, Anya, Jess, Julia and Gwen weren't connected to Peter when they became heroes, Silk, to a small degree she was inspired to use her powers like him after watching his videos, Miles has gotten close with this Peter but he was inspired by another Peter, though Harry wouldn't know, so yeah, only Cindy and Miles got a reason to be here.

This would have been better with Ben, Kaine and Otto, those three were more connected to Peter and actually got inspired by him, on top of that Kaine and Ben are his brothers/clones, so yeah, Kindred is an idiot, and though I want a Spider-Family, this people were the wrong choice to add.
    agreed but Otto got reverted back to a villain and guess what no one has seen him since. Yeah i never understand the push of Jessica Drew lately with Peter unsure how deep their relationship is. Ben and Kaine are still in Vegas. Gwen and Miles are inspired by other Peters not ours. So the only one left is Cindy haha

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I've been thinking about it, the only one who was directly inspired by Peter to take on the mantle was Miles and even then that was Ultimate Peter. Jessica and Anya both became heroes completely independent of Peter. Hell the only reason Anya even goes by Spider-Girl is because people kept assuming that was her codename and she finally gave in. Silk became a superhero on a whim after getting out of the vault Ezekiel locked her in. Gwen wasn't inspired by anyone and became a hero on her own accord. It was after the fact that the Peter of Earth-65 died.

So yeah, the only one who Harry's rant would actually apply to is Miles I guess.

The problem with Otto, if he was still Superior Spider-Man, is Harry's rant would fall completely flat given that Otto whole thing was stealing his identity to prove that he could do the role better. He's not some naive soul that got misguided by Peter, he's just an ******* narcissist.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 12-24-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Is probably because all the web of life nonsense, at least thats what i assume anyway.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

The only Parker “Spider-Family” are those found in AU’s ( Life Story, RYV Abrams etc), MJ, Teresa and Aunt May. Anything else is similar to sticking a square peg in a round hole.

as much as the concept of Peter being the leader of the spider people interest me only cause of his originality it doesnt work that good with the others mainly due to the lack of team ups. Like Peter and Miles got probably the most of the group here and its not that much to be honest

For some reason I'm wondering if Spencer had an idea like this for a possible Batman run that he's just repurposing for Spider-Man or if he just needed a reason to make the Order of the Web seem actually relevant to this story beyond marketing, even if said reason really doesn't hold up all that well.

I mean, heck, this would've made more sense in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon where Miles, Gwen, and Anya were obviously inspired by Peter for their Spider-Hero identities and styled their costumes after him. But that's not the 616 versions.