Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    The Prowler always seemed to me to be a D-grade character until he became connected to Miles Morales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Different Prowler though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    that's right! I keep forgetting that.
    I still want Hobie and Aaron to run into each other at some point, assuming that recent events in the Miles Morales solo haven't left Aaron too indisposed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Not forgotten, but Betty Brant is always criminally underused as a supporting cast member.
    Love the Betty/Peter story in ASM 583.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Not forgotten, but Betty Brant is always criminally underused as a supporting cast member.
    I know, right?! I'm probably in the minority, but I enjoyed Betty's '90s action-heroine phase

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-25-2020 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Her name's not MJ; she can go in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Her name's not MJ; she can go in the trash.
    That's how I feel about Gwen Stacy... MJ and Fel. Hardy/Black Cat are the only two sustained romances that ever matter to me with Spidey (th I loved the Glory Grant character). Gwen was important, as she was his first love... but then she died... her death is one of Peter's defining moments... which makes it asinine to ever bring her back... and yet, they did... Same goes for Jean Grey, as far as I'm concerned... and don't get me started on Judd Winick and Todd Robin... DEAR GOD. These characters deaths meant something.

Denny O'neil wrote Batman's bible when he was series editor... His quote: "It would be a really sleazy stunt to bring him back" was something that DC agreed with. And then Denny left the editor chair and Todd comes back in a dumb way (much better in that Red Hood movie). And all of a sudden Todd Hood is popular, and is now a major DC character. AND I'm the only one who cared about Todd Robin and adored Timmy Drake as his replacement... and... oh peanut butter... I've gone off on a tangeant.

Astonishing Member

Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man run of 1990 to 1991.

I sold all of my McFarlane's run on Amazing Spider-Man for 5 copies of each of his new Spider-Man run, hoping it would bring big $$$. I was so wrong. I had all of McFarlane's ASM from issue #298 to #328. Thus, Todd McFarlane is now a forgotten character who was once a major character.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-25-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

I never understood why Betty wasn't made into Peter's love interest once again during the BND era until the end of Slott's run on ASM. It might had been a better balance between Betty and Mary Jane going forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I never understood why Betty wasn't made into Peter's love interest once again during the BND era until the end of Slott's run on ASM. It might had been a better balance between Betty and Mary Jane going forward.
    Dan Slott and others talked about this. He pointed out that Betty and Peter dated and became friends and they now had been friends far longer than they dated and they felt it would be weird to go back to the romance between two people who had been friends for so long to get into a relationship for no other reasons than he's a guy and she's a girl and they're hetero. Because that would lean into the "man and woman can't be friends" thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Dan Slott and others talked about this. He pointed out that Betty and Peter dated and became friends and they now had been friends far longer than they dated and they felt it would be weird to go back to the romance between two people who had been friends for so long to get into a relationship for no other reasons than he's a guy and she's a girl and they're hetero. Because that would lean into the "man and woman can't be friends" thing.
    The same can now be said about Peter and Felicia Hardy, who have been friends longer than when they were in a relationship. Yet, Felicia gets used more often than Betty Brant in the pages of Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-25-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    There's enough evidence in the comics that Betty never really got over Peter but there's also enough evidence that Betty is really nuttier than a fruitcake, so maybe they are just better off as friends...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's enough evidence in the comics that Betty never really got over Peter but there's also enough evidence that Betty is really nuttier than a fruitcake, so maybe they are just better off as friends...
    The same can also be said about Felicia Hardy...