Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Vermin.

I don't know if someone already mentioned him here, or let alone if he's considered "forgotten" enough to be mentioned here, as he still shows up every once in a while, but I shall still note that at the very least, Edward Whelan, has long been forgotten.

Edward Whelan, whom creator J.M. DeMatteis invested quite a bit on the first half of the nineties, confronting that he was once abused by his father, battling the animalistic Vermin, and winning, followed by contently becoming a productive member of staff in Ravencroft, loyal aide of Dr. Ashley Kafka, an actual successful rehabilitation from her.

Then, after not showing up for a while, subsequent Vermin appearances since, regressed back to sewer living cannabalistic rat man?
    Last edited by ngroove; 11-26-2020 at 11:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Vermin.

I don't know if someone already mentioned him here, or let alone if he's considered "forgotten" enough to be mentioned here, as he still shows up every once in a while, but I shall still note that at the very least, Edward Whelan, has long been forgotten.

Edward Whelan, whom creator J.M. DeMatteis invested quite a bit on the first half of the nineties, confronting that he was once abused by his father, battling the animalistic Vermin, and winning, followed by contently becoming a productive member of staff in Ravencroft, loyal aide of Dr. Ashley Kafka, an actual successful rehabilitation from her.

Then, after not showing up for a while, subsequent Vermin appearances since, regressed back to sewer living cannabalistic rat man?
    I hate when vital character development is ignored because the next writer who uses the character is a hack who only knows the basic outline of the character.

Astonishing Member

I miss Marķa Aracely Penalba/Hummingbird. Her and Kaine Parker together, she's upbeat and he's dour. Miss her, Kaine Parker and Ben Reilly. Don't get me started on what Slott and PAD did to Ben.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I miss Marķa Aracely Penalba/Hummingbird. Her and Kaine Parker together, she's upbeat and he's dour. Miss her, Kaine Parker and Ben Reilly. Don't get me started on what Slott and PAD did to Ben.
    Agreed. I'm still waiting to see her full backstory. Maybe if Chris Yost comes back one day . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Maybe she could bring Kaine and Ben back together...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe she could bring Kaine and Ben back together...
    That would be good.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Man, I miss Yost's Scarlet Spider so much...
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Same here.

Fantastic Member

A Scarlet Spiders book written by Yost would be a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Very much agreed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreed. I'm still waiting to see her full backstory. Maybe if Chris Yost comes back one day . . .
    Here's hoping it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Same here. Said it before here that Christopher Yost is an underrated Spider-Man writer. Yost writes Superior Spider-Man better than anybody. I've enjoyed everything he's done: Scarlet Spider, Avenging Spider-Man with the SSM, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, New Warriors and the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    I've wanted that for a long time. Please make it so, Marvel.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 11-30-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Incredible Member

Malcolm McBride, formerly Carrion II.

Was pre-establishedly used in a couple previous creepy stories, before becoming known as a player in the "Maximum Carnage" event. Shriek became attached with him enough, that she convinced herself, as well as him, that she's his "mother". And in such gesture of motherly love, Shriek absorbed the Carrion virus from Malcolm into herself, shortly followed by Jackal extracting it off of her, to make a Carrion bomb.

Nevertheless, despite not having death touch powers any more, Malcolm's remembered traumatic experiences as Carrion still drove him insane enough to still have to remain a patient at Ravencroft, where he was last seen, 1995 or so.

Amazing Member

Jimmy 6, Aaron Aikman, Nocturne.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Jimmy 6, Aaron Aikman, Nocturne.
    Aaron Aikman would have been cool to see for more than one issue, especially since his suit was incorporated into the original PS4 game by Insomniac.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Same here. Said it before here that Christopher Yost is an underrated Spider-Man writer. Yost writes Superior Spider-Man better than anybody. I've enjoyed everything he's done: Scarlet Spider, Avenging Spider-Man with the SSM, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, New Warriors and the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.
    Yeah I agree with you on all counts. I would have loved if Yost got a turn on ASM or revived Scarlet Spider, but it doesn't look like he really does comics anymore. I think the only time he wrote Peter as a main character was in that Spider-Man Unlimited standalone issue and it was pretty great too.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man