Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Incredible Member

It has always annoyed me that Ben Reilly’s cast of characters from the Daily Grind have been ignored for all these years. I mean, after all, he dated the daughter of the man who killed Uncle Ben, so I’d think that Jessica would have been a lil more important in the overall scheme of things, even if Ben was dead for all those years. But even now, after Ben’s revival.

Oh yeah and then there was Jill Stacy. Hadn’t seen or heard anything about that character for over a decade.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    It has always annoyed me that Ben Reilly’s cast of characters from the Daily Grind have been ignored for all these years. I mean, after all, he dated the daughter of the man who killed Uncle Ben, so I’d think that Jessica would have been a lil more important in the overall scheme of things, even if Ben was dead for all those years. But even now, after Ben’s revival.

Oh yeah and then there was Jill Stacy. Hadn’t seen or heard anything about that character for over a decade.
    And then she runs into Ben's "identical cousin" Peter . . . though I definitely see your point on her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Is this surprising? Only Peter is allowed to have supporting characters, and those supporting characters are only allowed to be JJ, MJ, and Aunt May.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Is this surprising? Only Peter is allowed to have supporting characters, and those supporting characters are only allowed to be JJ, MJ, and Aunt May.
    Not necessarily, but still disappointing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah I agree with you on all counts. I would have loved if Yost got a turn on ASM or revived Scarlet Spider, but it doesn't look like he really does comics anymore. I think the only time he wrote Peter as a main character was in that Spider-Man Unlimited standalone issue and it was pretty great too.
    Thank you. Do you have the number, please?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I’m kinda hoping that now Ben is back, maybe if he returns to NY from Vegas, maybe whatever writer could reintroduce the cast some. At least Jessica, and maybe the Daily Grind owner and her son. Those three alone could be Ben’s supporting characters, if he gets a new book or mini, or something.

Astonishing Member

Robin Vega
    Mayday Parker(MC-2)
    Styx and Stone
    Cissy Ironwood

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Robin Vega
    Mayday Parker(MC-2)
    Styx and Stone
    Cissy Ironwood
    I disagree that Mayday is forgotten.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I disagree that Mayday is forgotten.
    Chiming in, I will add that aside from her, the others were never introduced as a major character.

Robin Vega was interesting, at least as far as having the mutant plight hit close to home for Peter, instead of just teaming up with the X-Men (and attempting to mentor Nate Grey) as Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Robin Vega was interesting, at least as far as having the mutant plight hit close to home for Peter, instead of just teaming up with the X-Men (and attempting to mentor Nate Grey) as Spider-Man.
    I liked Robin Vega's look and I would be stoked to see her return. Not sure she was ever meant to be a major character though. Just important for one storyline.

-Pav, who always wanted her to join the Slingers...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I liked Robin Vega's look and I would be stoked to see her return. Not sure she was ever meant to be a major character though. Just important for one storyline.

-Pav, who always wanted her to join the Slingers...
    Maybe she'll show up on Krakoa, but her in the Slingers would be great, too.

The Prowler always seemed to me to be a D-grade character until he became connected to Miles Morales.

Quote Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
    The Prowler always seemed to me to be a D-grade character until he became connected to Miles Morales.
    Different Prowler though...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Different Prowler though...
    that's right! I keep forgetting that.