Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Anna Watson. Not that she was ever really a major character, but she is severely underutilized.
    I don't even remember the last time she appeared in a comic, let alone MJ actually interacted with her. Which considering how important she is to MJ is kind of weird.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't even remember the last time she appeared in a comic, let alone MJ actually interacted with her. Which considering how important she is to MJ is kind of weird.
    And I always thought of her as May's closest friend, but I don't think she has had much of a presence in the comics since the 90s. Even in the JMS era she was noticeably absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    And I always thought of her as May's closest friend, but I don't think she has had much of a presence in the comics since the 90s. Even in the JMS era she was noticeably absent.
    To be fair, supporting characters who aren't MJ or aunt May hardly showed up in JMS' run anyways.

Checking out wiki here, last time she showed up was in Clone Conspiracy, 4 years ago, and before that it was in ASM Annual#39, 8 years ago... And I'm pretty sure those appearances were just cameos where she doesn't actually talk, she's definitely in limbo lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair, supporting characters who aren't MJ or aunt May hardly showed up in JMS' run anyways.

Checking out wiki here, last time she showed up was in Clone Conspiracy, 4 years ago, and before that it was in ASM Annual#39, 8 years ago... And I'm pretty sure those appearances were just cameos where she doesn't actually talk, she's definitely in limbo lol.
    Wasn't she in OMIT? Or maybe just name-dropped.

Whatever happened to Mary Jane's cousin Kristy?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Whatever happened to Mary Jane's cousin Kristy?
    She turned up most recently in Gerry Conway's story for that three-in-one anthology that came out last year. She's a reporter for a university investigating human trafficking of undocumented immigrants, a concern of hers and her cousin (and also Gerry Conway's).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    She turned up most recently in Gerry Conway's story for that three-in-one anthology that came out last year. She's a reporter for a university investigating human trafficking of undocumented immigrants, a concern of hers and her cousin (and also Gerry Conway's).
    Thanks for reminding me of that one. That was a pretty good read, and it was nice seeing Kristy again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I didn't see that one. I'm going to have to go look for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't she in OMIT? Or maybe just name-dropped.
    She was there and did talk:

https://i.imgur.com/16hD2cU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1doxDv6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9kXPBCv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cErlv30.jpg

(ASM#640)

And that was 10 years ago, this and ASM Annual#39 are the last times she talked, and she doesn't even say much in Annual#39, just talks about how Peter saved her life by accident in the weird time anomaly that made Peter be briefly a kid again, then she stopped showing up there lol.

Astonishing Member

So many... I wouldn’t know where to begin. And from so many different eras. Forced love interests from the BND era ranging from Lilly Hollister to Michelle Gonzales immediately come to mind. Carlie Cooper and Norah Winters have had slightly more shelf-life, but not much. Then there’s characters who disappeared with the end of certain eras like Ben Reilly’s love interests such as Jessica and Desiree. And who can forget (well, I guess everyone can forget) Gwen’s cousin Jill?

However, I think the craziest example of this is a character who was set up to be important and then almost immediately forgotten about. Abby Levine. Check out PPSM #75... the conclusion of ‘Revelations’ and the clone saga. She’s obviously introduced to be a new major character helping out bystanders during the Spidey/Goblin fight. And then she’s immediately discarded (she might have had a very short scene a couple issues later). I’m always reminded of that weird inclusion whenever I re-read ‘Revelations’

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Abby_Levine_(Earth-616)

I remember Joy Mercado. I thought she was pretty cool in Web of Spiderman. But I havnt heard anything about her in a long time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of that one. That was a pretty good read, and it was nice seeing Kristy again.
    I accidentally came across this thread...coincidentally I just dug out my collection of Spectacular the other day and yes Deb Whitman I had forgotten about her, but most of all on reading Spectacular #152..very last page..there's MJ's cousin Kristy! That was it though, lost track of her after that, just intrigued...I'm not placing the "three in one anthology" can someone remind me with a little more detail please?

Thanks

Jon

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The only MJ cousin I remember was the underage one with Bulimia.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The only MJ cousin I remember was the underage one with Bulimia.
    Yep, that's Kristy.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    I accidentally came across this thread...coincidentally I just dug out my collection of Spectacular the other day and yes Deb Whitman I had forgotten about her, but most of all on reading Spectacular #152..very last page..there's MJ's cousin Kristy! That was it though, lost track of her after that, just intrigued...I'm not placing the "three in one anthology" can someone remind me with a little more detail please?

Thanks

Jon
    https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...ing_big_2019_1

This is the one. Actually it might be two-stories in one. The Conway one and the Erik Larsen one.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    So many... I wouldn’t know where to begin. And from so many different eras. Forced love interests from the BND era ranging from Lilly Hollister to Michelle Gonzales immediately come to mind. Carlie Cooper and Norah Winters have had slightly more shelf-life, but not much. Then there’s characters who disappeared with the end of certain eras like Ben Reilly’s love interests such as Jessica and Desiree. And who can forget (well, I guess everyone can forget) Gwen’s cousin Jill?

However, I think the craziest example of this is a character who was set up to be important and then almost immediately forgotten about. Abby Levine. Check out PPSM #75... the conclusion of ‘Revelations’ and the clone saga. She’s obviously introduced to be a new major character helping out bystanders during the Spidey/Goblin fight. And then she’s immediately discarded (she might have had a very short scene a couple issues later). I’m always reminded of that weird inclusion whenever I re-read ‘Revelations’

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Abby_Levine_(Earth-616)
    That about sums it up. There's the truism about Spider-Man having a great supporting cast, and he does have that, but what happens is that writers keep adding and bringing in new characters in different eras, and many of them fall by the wayside. The essential supporting cast will always be Mary Jane, Jameson, Aunt May, Robbie, and now I guess you would add Felicia...since Flash is currently "dead" (should never have been killed off imo), and Harry Osborn is a villain for the time being.

But the number of supporting players in different titles, books, and so on is too extensive.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Hey RevJack,

Thanks for that link - I've got that book! I remember now I kept it 'cause I thought it was quite good, seems I better dig it out and remind myself about the Kristy appearance...doh!

Cheers

Jon