Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 221
  1. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,199

    Default

    Francis Klum, the third Mysterio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    villain-wise, Judas Traveler: Never quite got his alleged appeal. same with the mid-to-late-90s villains, really. around the time my general interest in comics waned.
    I don't think anyone ever found Judas Traveler appealing.

  2. #62
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    8,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Francis Klum, the third Mysterio.



    I don't think anyone ever found Judas Traveler appealing.
    Lies. JD Matteis certanly did
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  3. #63
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't think anyone ever found Judas Traveler appealing.
    Who said that? I love esoteric villains!

    Also, when was Blackie Drago's last appearance?

  4. #64
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Who said that? I love esoteric villains!

    Also, when was Blackie Drago's last appearance?
    I think he was last seen in Marvel Knights: Spider-Man.

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think he was last seen in Marvel Knights: Spider-Man.
    That was ages ago.

  6. #66
    Incredible Member Ozymandias's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Anyone remember “Lonesome Pinky”?
    I do, I happen to like O'Neil's run, although the issue dedicated to him might be the worst in the series, up to that point.

    I doubt he was intended to be anything but a footnote.

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The Rose ended up dying on Bendis run on Daredevil. And Black Tarantula hasn't been used since Brubaker run in the same title. I guest that DD is where the forgotten Spider-Man rogues go.
    I think that most of Spider-Man's forgotten rogues should be loaned out to other Editorial departments for other characters, like Omega Red, Mystique and Legion as Spider-Man villains. A good example is loaning out the Inheritors to the X-Office for Lady Deathstrike...

  8. #68
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Francis Klum, the third Mysterio.



    I don't think anyone ever found Judas Traveler appealing.
    I always liked Judas Traveler. I thought he was pretty cool right up until the reveal that he was just a glorified Mysterio.

  9. #69
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Francis Klum, the third Mysterio.



    I don't think anyone ever found Judas Traveler appealing.
    The reason most new villains disappear is because they suck like Traveller or TypeFace or Facade or Freak, etc. But I always thought it was a shame that Fusion (the Paul Jenkins version, not the dumb conjoined twins O’Neil version) didn’t become a permanent rogues gallery member. His introduction arc when he convinced Spidey he broke his neck is a really underrated story.

  10. #70
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The reason most new villains disappear is because they suck like Traveller or TypeFace or Facade or Freak, etc. But I always thought it was a shame that Fusion (the Paul Jenkins version, not the dumb conjoined twins O’Neil version) didn’t become a permanent rogues gallery member. His introduction arc when he convinced Spidey he broke his neck is a really underrated story.
    Problem with Fusion is that he's too dark a character. He's a great villain and should be revived and that Jenkins story is aces but he's too serious on the whole.

  11. #71
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Problem with Fusion is that he's too dark a character. He's a great villain and should be revived and that Jenkins story is aces but he's too serious on the whole.
    How is he too dark?

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I always liked Judas Traveler. I thought he was pretty cool right up until the reveal that he was just a glorified Mysterio.
    Because Spider-Man can’t have villains beyond thugs with gifts, sadly.

  13. #73
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Because Spider-Man can’t have villains beyond thugs with gifts, sadly.
    I don't think that's true. It's all in the execution.

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that's true. It's all in the execution.
    There’s a glass ceiling when comes to Spider-Man characters and most of these characters just hit it. I never understood why Big Wheel was supposedly so ridiculous in comparison to all of Spider-Man’s other villains.

    Nostalgia is a terrifying beast.

  15. #75
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Problem with Fusion is that he's too dark a character. He's a great villain and should be revived and that Jenkins story is aces but he's too serious on the whole.
    Totally disagree. I have trouble thinking of many mainstream super villains darker than Carnage who is basically a comic book version of Ted Bundy with powers that enable him to kill as many people as he wants and for no real reason or motivation unlike more traditional villains. And look how popular he is! Plus, Spidey has never shied away from dark stories. The supervillain Vermin was basically a product of child sexual abuse. You don’t get much darker than that!
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 11-21-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •