Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,796

    Default Odo vs Reed Richards

    Odo vs Reed Richards

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,783

    Default

    Whoo Odo??

  3. #3
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Whoo Odo??
    Deep Space Nine, I imagine.

    I suspect Reed takes it rather handily; Odo can shift shape better, but I suspects Reed's overall 'stretchy power' has better feats. But I'd be curious to see what people more familiar with the characters feel.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  4. #4
    My Face Is Up Here Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Not even a contest. Reed wins easily. Vastly greater stretching powers. Far greater hitting power and durability.

    If it was a contest of shapeshifting to look like a specific person, Odo's species (not Odo himself) would win.
    Power with Girl is better.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,607

    Default

    Odo can shape shift into fire, but I would bet on Reed's outfit being insulated against whatever Odo's best output is.

    That said, Odo probably has a phaser as his regular gear, so he might be able to wide-angle blast Reed's head before getting disarmed.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Shai-Hulud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    That said, Odo probably has a phaser as his regular gear, so he might be able to wide-angle blast Reed's head before getting disarmed.
    You'd think, but no, IIRC, Odo specifically eschewed the use of firearms, preferring to rely upon his powers in his capacity as Security Chief. So unless I'm misremembering, no phaser as standard equipment.

    Strange to think that an ordinary red shirt with a type-1 phaser might do better against Reed than Odo....

  7. #7
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,127

    Default

    by the end of the series, odo had learned how to turn into fire and gas.

    not even sure if reed can even hurt him.

  8. #8
    My Face Is Up Here Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    by the end of the series, odo had learned how to turn into fire and gas.

    not even sure if reed can even hurt him.
    I had forgotten his shapeshifting had gotten that advanced.
    Power with Girl is better.

  9. #9
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I had forgotten his shapeshifting had gotten that advanced.
    thinking on it, i'm not sure how reed can even hurt odo. changlings don't need to eat, sleep or breathe. and unless you are prepped for them, they are really hard to kill. it took a room full of klingon warriors unloading disruptor fire on a single changling to kill it.

    not saying changlings are unkillable. it just takes a lot to put one down.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member Shai-Hulud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    thinking on it, i'm not sure how reed can even hurt odo. changlings don't need to eat, sleep or breathe.
    Doesn't Odo need to regenerate in his bucket for eight hours a day? Or did he develop beyond that?

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,796

    Default

    Yeah, unless I missed some upgrade, Odo is definitely not immune to exhaustion. In fact, he was once tortured by some gizmo that prevented him from resting in his liquid form.

  12. #12
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Richards also needs to sleep, so that's not a unique weakness.

    Still, if neither of them can actually hurt each other, this might actually turn into a marathon to see who can stay awake the longest.

  13. #13
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Doesn't Odo need to regenerate in his bucket for eight hours a day? Or did he develop beyond that?
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, unless I missed some upgrade, Odo is definitely not immune to exhaustion. In fact, he was once tortured by some gizmo that prevented him from resting in his liquid form.
    it depends on the changling. some of them can go a few days without turning liquid. not sure if odo can do that at series end but it takes about 18 hours max before he needs to go liquid.

    also, the device in question was used to by garek and was developed by the romunlans who were working with the obsidian order at the time, so they had a lot of detailed files on how odo's biology functioned. so it's not like reed could wipe it up in a instant.

    it should be noted that changlings don't just assume the shapes of various objects. they BECOME them. they are so good at it that even federation sensors can't tell the difference. so if he becomes a rock, he was scanned and ID'd as a rock.

    so the only possible ways for him to hurt reed is turn into mist and got into his lungs or burn him by turning into fire.

  14. #14
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Richards also needs to sleep, so that's not a unique weakness.

    Still, if neither of them can actually hurt each other, this might actually turn into a marathon to see who can stay awake the longest.
    i wouldn't exactly call what odo does "sleep". it's more like assuming his natural form.

  15. #15
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    also, the device in question was used to by garek and was developed by the romunlans who were working with the obsidian order at the time, so they had a lot of detailed files on how odo's biology functioned. so it's not like reed could wipe it up in a instant.
    Reed's smashed-together mid-fight tech is better than anything the Romulans could come up with in a hundred years of prep, so I could easily see him using one of the miniaturized gizmos in his suit to disrupt Odo, given such a thing being possible. Odo turning into gas wouldn't help the guy - Reed is very capable of blowing really hard by inflating his lungs and the spewing out air.

    Of course, if Odo does take solid form, Reed can always go for the "hurts Namor" level of giant-fisting he's capable of.

    Short version: this is a terrible fight for Odo, despite his ability to change into gasses.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •