Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Odo vs Reed Richards

Odo vs Reed Richards

Whoo Odo??

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Whoo Odo??
    Deep Space Nine, I imagine.

I suspect Reed takes it rather handily; Odo can shift shape better, but I suspects Reed's overall 'stretchy power' has better feats. But I'd be curious to see what people more familiar with the characters feel.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Not even a contest. Reed wins easily. Vastly greater stretching powers. Far greater hitting power and durability.

If it was a contest of shapeshifting to look like a specific person, Odo's species (not Odo himself) would win.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Odo can shape shift into fire, but I would bet on Reed's outfit being insulated against whatever Odo's best output is.

That said, Odo probably has a phaser as his regular gear, so he might be able to wide-angle blast Reed's head before getting disarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    That said, Odo probably has a phaser as his regular gear, so he might be able to wide-angle blast Reed's head before getting disarmed.
    You'd think, but no, IIRC, Odo specifically eschewed the use of firearms, preferring to rely upon his powers in his capacity as Security Chief. So unless I'm misremembering, no phaser as standard equipment.

Strange to think that an ordinary red shirt with a type-1 phaser might do better against Reed than Odo....

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

by the end of the series, odo had learned how to turn into fire and gas.

not even sure if reed can even hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    by the end of the series, odo had learned how to turn into fire and gas.

not even sure if reed can even hurt him.
    I had forgotten his shapeshifting had gotten that advanced.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I had forgotten his shapeshifting had gotten that advanced.
    thinking on it, i'm not sure how reed can even hurt odo. changlings don't need to eat, sleep or breathe. and unless you are prepped for them, they are really hard to kill. it took a room full of klingon warriors unloading disruptor fire on a single changling to kill it.

not saying changlings are unkillable. it just takes a lot to put one down.

thinking on it, i'm not sure how reed can even hurt odo. changlings don't need to eat, sleep or breathe.
    Doesn't Odo need to regenerate in his bucket for eight hours a day? Or did he develop beyond that?

Yeah, unless I missed some upgrade, Odo is definitely not immune to exhaustion. In fact, he was once tortured by some gizmo that prevented him from resting in his liquid form.

Spectacular Member

Richards also needs to sleep, so that's not a unique weakness.

Still, if neither of them can actually hurt each other, this might actually turn into a marathon to see who can stay awake the longest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Doesn't Odo need to regenerate in his bucket for eight hours a day? Or did he develop beyond that?
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, unless I missed some upgrade, Odo is definitely not immune to exhaustion. In fact, he was once tortured by some gizmo that prevented him from resting in his liquid form.
    it depends on the changling. some of them can go a few days without turning liquid. not sure if odo can do that at series end but it takes about 18 hours max before he needs to go liquid.

also, the device in question was used to by garek and was developed by the romunlans who were working with the obsidian order at the time, so they had a lot of detailed files on how odo's biology functioned. so it's not like reed could wipe it up in a instant.

it should be noted that changlings don't just assume the shapes of various objects. they BECOME them. they are so good at it that even federation sensors can't tell the difference. so if he becomes a rock, he was scanned and ID'd as a rock.

so the only possible ways for him to hurt reed is turn into mist and got into his lungs or burn him by turning into fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Richards also needs to sleep, so that's not a unique weakness.

Still, if neither of them can actually hurt each other, this might actually turn into a marathon to see who can stay awake the longest.
    i wouldn't exactly call what odo does "sleep". it's more like assuming his natural form.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

also, the device in question was used to by garek and was developed by the romunlans who were working with the obsidian order at the time, so they had a lot of detailed files on how odo's biology functioned. so it's not like reed could wipe it up in a instant.
    Reed's smashed-together mid-fight tech is better than anything the Romulans could come up with in a hundred years of prep, so I could easily see him using one of the miniaturized gizmos in his suit to disrupt Odo, given such a thing being possible. Odo turning into gas wouldn't help the guy - Reed is very capable of blowing really hard by inflating his lungs and the spewing out air.

Of course, if Odo does take solid form, Reed can always go for the "hurts Namor" level of giant-fisting he's capable of.

Short version: this is a terrible fight for Odo, despite his ability to change into gasses.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan