Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I thought he came with the station and was a hold-out from when the Cardassians held it. So, not Bajoran aligned.
    odo was discovered on bajor by some scientists and originally thought to have been some space samples. his name "odo" basically means "unknown sample".

after assuming humanoid form, odo was basically an outsider who was trusted by both the cardassians and bajorans, because he was truly objective when it came to crimes. he didn't really side with either side of the occupation. this was probably due to his people innate sense for establishing and maintaining order. so he wasn't really a hold-out. he was just doing his job as chief of security.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yep,you didn't watch.

odo was chief of security for DS9, often called "constable", and thus is a member of the Bajoran milita. odo has worked with starfleet many times, especially during the dominion war but he was not a member of starfleet.
    Well, there you go, lol

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

after assuming humanoid form, odo was basically an outsider who was trusted by both the cardassians and bajorans, because he was truly objective when it came to crimes. he didn't really side with either side of the occupation. this was probably due to his people innate sense for establishing and maintaining order. so he wasn't really a hold-out. he was just doing his job as chief of security.
    Well that's what I meant, he's not aligned with Bajor resistance, he was more non-aligned politically. I didn't mean hold-out as in remnant of Cardassian rule, I just meant he was the security guy before and he stayed in the job when Starfleet took over.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well that's what I meant, he's not aligned with Bajor resistance, he was more non-aligned politically. I didn't mean hold-out as in remnant of Cardassian rule, I just meant he was the security guy before and he stayed in the job when Starfleet took over.
    gotcha.

that's part of the reason why both the cards and the bajorans both respected him. he was more dedicated to law and order than anything else. well at least, now he does.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Being attacked by someone with no feats for hurting anyone beyond "normal human"? Sure he could. Reed can't be hurt by physical trauma on that low of a level, multitasks really well and can just walk around on giant stilt feet while doing so, in all likelihood.
    At which point Odo will simply morph into a hawk, fly up and snatch Reed's tools/components out of his hand. Odo doesn't need to harm Reed to stop him cobbling together a gadget, he just has to break his equipment.

And even if we ignore that, Reed is a super-genius but he isn't all-knowing. He's never even heard of changelings, has no data on their biology or how their powers work. Nor does he have any data on the shape-shift inhibitor. Building a fully functional replica of a device he doesn't even know exists and knows nothing about, to use against an opponent he knows nothing about, is a stretch (pun intended) even for him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    At which point Odo will simply morph into a hawk, fly up and snatch Reed's tools/components out of his hand. Odo doesn't need to harm Reed to stop him cobbling together a gadget, he just has to break his equipment.

And even if we ignore that, Reed is a super-genius but he isn't all-knowing. He's never even heard of changelings, has no data on their biology or how their powers work. Nor does he have any data on the shape-shift inhibitor. Building a fully functional replica of a device he doesn't even know exists and knows nothing about, to use against an opponent he knows nothing about, is a stretch (pun intended) even for him.
    Actually, that sounds like pretty average work day for Reed.

And if there's one type of alien he's familiar with it's shapeshifting aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

And he explicitly has feats of stopping them changing shape, as the Skrull-burgers would attest to, if they hadn’t been eaten by the Skrull Kill Krew or whatever 90s nonsense name that team had.

Incredible Member

Okay, please give us some examples of Reed doing exactly that then. With scans if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle
    And he explicitly has feats of stopping them changing shape, as the Skrull-burgers would attest to, if they hadn’t been eaten by the Skrull Kill Krew or whatever 90s nonsense name that team had.
    I knew someone would mention that. Not all shapeshifters are identical. Skrulls are not changelings. Their biology is very different seeing as Skrulls are green-skinned humanoids in their natural form and changelings are a pool of liquid.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 11-23-2020 at 06:56 AM.

That's like saying a honeycrisp apple is different than a granny Smith apple because one is green and the other isn't.

Technically? Kinda.

They're still apples.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I'm sorry, I can't get past the idea of how funny Reed Richards being attacked by a hawk is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm sorry, I can't get past the idea of how funny Reed Richards being attacked by a hawk is.
    Suddenly Latveria opens the world’s first University of Falconry.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If there's one thing that Odo doesn't want to do, it's be anywhere close to Reed Richards in a solid form. Poindexter he may be, but he's still also am experienced superhero that is far more skilled and experienced in hand to hand (or hand to bird, as the case may be) than Odo is, and can make his fist the size of a car with negligible effort.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That's like saying a honeycrisp apple is different than a granny Smith apple because one is green and the other isn't.

Technically? Kinda.

They're still apples.
    Not even close to an accurate comparison.

A Skrull in his default form is a humanoid biped. He has skin, muscle, bones, internal organs, sensory organs, nerves and so on.

A Changeling in its default form has none of that. They're a pool of liquid.

They're completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta
    It does make for an amusing mental image.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 11-23-2020 at 11:35 AM.

i seem to remember odo getting attacked by someone in the first ep and he just.......let the attack pass through him, like a logia. i'll have to look it up.

and yeah, i will agree that comparing skulls to changlings is a bit of a stretch.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

i seem to remember odo getting attacked by someone in the first ep and he just.......let the attack pass through him, like a logia. i'll have to look it up.
    I actually saw that episode. The guy threw something at him and bloop, it went through him. If I recall correctly.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate