Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    cates doing eternals too I dont know much about them will check it out
    He is isn't, it's being done by Kieron Gilleon, but Thanos is advertised to make a return in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The actual answer is "no", but Marvel usually says "yes" lol.

Cates' take on Spidey was fine, no better example in AC#1 where Spidey brought levity to the story when things were rather tense before.
    Oh i thought that it was fine too, the "bit odd" is mostly because i think that Peter trusted on Eddie a tad to quickly, but honestly it would have been annoying it Peter would spend most of the story being skeptical of his motivation, plus it was Eddie's event i was expecting that. In spite of that, i think that Cates Peter is good.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Oh i thought that it was fine too, the "bit odd" is mostly because i think that Peter trusted on Eddie a tad to quickly, but honestly it would have been annoying it Peter would spend most of the story being skeptical of his motivation, plus it was Eddie's event i was expecting that. In spite of that, i think that Cates Peter is good.
    It makes sense he'd trust Eddie after Going Down Swinging, since Eddie willingly lent the Venom symbiote so Peter can stand a chance against Red Goblin, that story also made Peter stop being so butthurt about symbiotes, or at least Venom.

It makes sense he'd trust Eddie after Going Down Swinging, since Eddie willingly lent the Venom symbiote so Peter can stand a chance against Red Goblin, that story also made Peter stop being so butthurt about symbiotes, or at least Venom.
    I guest that it made sense then, man i really need to finish Slott run at some point but i haven't got past 789 lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

I guest that it made sense then, man i really need to finish Slott run at some point but i haven't got past 789 lol.
    Honestly, you might as well just skip to GDS anyways if you're going to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Honestly, you might as well just skip to GDS anyways if you're going to read it.
    Yeah, if I remember correctly, the issues between Parker Industries' end and GDS were mostly Slott solving his plot points he left hanging before, plus one issue where Peter uses the favor Loki owed him, which he refused to at first because these kinds of deals can **** him up, but he used anyways to save some people's lives... The most relevant stuff from those issues is Venom Inc, and that's to show how Flash becomes Anti-Venom, end of Venom Inc also shows why Felicia stopped being Queenpin, but it sucked, a lot.

****, I reminded myself of Queenpin .

I wish i could skip it, but a part of me feels the need to finish it, no matter how painfully boring it is.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

I wish i could skip it, but a part of me feels the need to finish it, no matter how painfully boring it is.
    Look at it this way: You might find a story like that no one else did.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, if I remember correctly, the issues between Parker Industries' end and GDS were mostly Slott solving his plot points he left hanging before, plus one issue where Peter uses the favor Loki owed him, which he refused to at first because these kinds of deals can **** him up, but he used anyways to save some people's lives... The most relevant stuff from those issues is Venom Inc, and that's to show how Flash becomes Anti-Venom, end of Venom Inc also shows why Felicia stopped being Queenpin, but it sucked, a lot.

****, I reminded myself of Queenpin .
    Personally, I thought Brian Bendis's version of how Felicia stopped the Queenpin B.S. over in The Defenders was somewhat better handled and written.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Personally, I thought Brian Bendis's version of how Felicia stopped the Queenpin B.S. over in The Defenders was somewhat better handled and written.
    Agreed. Have to go some to be worse than Dan Slott's Queenpin though. Man, I still hate TASM (Vol. 3 and 4).

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Honestly, not a challenge to be better than Venom Inc, 'cause in that, the whole story showed her being villanous and not caring about changing that, then in the end, her empire just crumbled, Felicia wondering what to do, Venom shows up and basically says "HEY WHY DON'T YOU BE GOOD INSTEAD OF EVIL?", and then she did... The ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Agreed. Have to go some to be worse than Dan Slott's Queenpin though. Man, I still hate TASM (Vol. 3 and 4).
    Honestly, only writer who I remember managing to make Queenpin stand out was Robbie Thompson in Silk's comic, and all he did was make her have some competency and, actually be doing something, not being bland, boring and incompetent like how everyone else wrote her.

Even if Queenpin was a new character, while she wouldn't be hated, I doubt she'd be liked either, there was just nothing about her, just someone trying to take over Kingpin's place, but not being interesting enough to replace him, or even be a poor man's Kingpin, so when you get a character this boring, and try to call it "Felicia", yeah... Fans understandably hated it lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-23-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I do not agree. Why? 1: Spencer is writing more then the main book, he is also doing the LR issues. I would also say that every Marvel event does not have to have Peter in it to be successful. One improvement we have seen over the past several years is characters that basically relied on Peter have shown that they do not need his presence to be successful. Eddie, Felicia and ( especially) Miles come to mind. Hopefully, Gwen and Cindy go in that same direction. The problem with events ( that are not Peter centered), is that the story is about Spider-Man not Peter Parker. A good Spider-Man story is one that contains both characters. I really enjoyed the Spencer story about them being separated and what would actually happen if they are not one, without Peter being a “guest star” in his comic ( like Superior).
    I'm sorry, but what are you saying and how does that relate to my post? I simply said that I would enjoy a tie-in with King in Black, not that Peter is necessary for the event at all. I will be happy whether he has it or not, and I am not worried because I am sure the event will be successful with or without it. Peter will most likely have a participation in the main book regardless, so that's no a problem either.

I just thought a tie-in would be neat because it seems appropriate, seeing how deeply connected Symbiote stuff is to Spider-Man. Besides, the tie-in with Absolute Carnage was, imo, some of the best issues in Spencer's runs. Even if they were very classical superhero set-pieces, it worked to the story's favor. And sure, even taking aside the Kindred-Norman talk that basically spoiled the whole ending, I do think Spider-Man vs Norman-Carnage was a spectacular moment with all the perfect stakes: An unstoppable villain, Peter against the odds and what's better, defending the kids who are basically the legacy of his two biggest villains (Dylan and Normie) and yet still pulling a win. It was cool, and I would love to see something similar with the setting that King in Black brings. But again, I absolutely do not think it's necessary, much less for Venom's book which outsells Peter's own anyway.