Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Am I the only one that misses the way Bagley drew big eyes on Spidey's masked face like he used in the 90s run and Ultimate?
    Nope I Miss it too. I miss bagleys old style of drawing period. The dip in his work started right when his USM run was ending. When he went back to drawing 616 Spider-man he seemed to develop problems separating the younger USM version from the 616 version. Still think it’s a gorgeous cover though.
    Last edited by RD155; 11-19-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Nope I Miss it too. I miss bagleys old style of drawing period. The dip in his work started right when his USM run was ending. When he went back to drawing 616 Spider-man he seemed to develop problems separating the younger USM version from the 616 version. Still think it’s a gorgeous cover though.
    its seems Pat Gleason is the one doing the big eyes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Am I the only one that misses the way Bagley drew big eyes on Spidey's masked face like he used in the 90s run and Ultimate?
    Yeah I do, plus it would be cool now to sync up with Gleason.

Dont get me wrong he is still awesome and one of the best we could possibly get for Spidey, so despite that we are SOOOO lucky he is on the book. Its really a dream come true. Keep him on Marvel!
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-19-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Hopefully this at least confirms MJ won't die post Last Remains aside from that. Looks great - Still no Amazing Spider-Man tie-in with King in Black tho

All-New Member

The rotation of artists in the ASM title still seems curious to me. Excluding Bagley and unless I have missed an announcement about the incorporation of an artist to the series, it seems that there is still no defined team and at this point I don't know if Bagley is only "helping" or really has a more continuous work in the series. In any case better for me, I really enjoy his art and for some reason I have always been a fan of his "Mary Jane". From past solicitations, it is obvious that something is going to close but whatever is coming, do not expect it to "explode" in the short term, it is a new chapter and from what Spencer has shown, we will probably have to wait another 30-50 issues for see the "consequences".

Well, we know Ottley's left the book, which probably explains why others have been drawing more issues recently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You know, it’s amazing how both Miles and Jessica get tie-ins to King in Black, yet Peter, the original Venom host doesn’t even get a one-shot (no Symbiote Spidey-Man doesn’t count as it’s only superficially part of this, not even really being a part of the story).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, it’s amazing how both Miles and Jessica get tie-ins to King in Black, yet Peter, the original Venom host doesn’t even get a one-shot (no Symbiote Spidey-Man doesn’t count as it’s only superficially part of this, not even really being a part of the story).
    Peter is involved in the main storyline there.

well he is in the main story which matters more anyway than ties in plus he has a tie in in terms of the symbiote Spider-man issues. And lets be honest Venom and the Symbiote are way bigger than Peter now so I dont know what we should expect from him to be honest
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Peter knows better than getting involved in Knull's **** again .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Peter knows better than getting involved in Knull's **** again .
    Ironically, that shows how sequestered Spider-Man’s become. It’s somewhat jarring at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Nice Peter/MJ stuff. Let’s just hope it’s not so much teasing and actually getting down to it now.
    If it's just a story about Peter & MJ as a loving couple who have bee through something traumatic, will that be a let-down?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ironically, that shows how sequestered Spider-Man’s become. It’s somewhat jarring at this point.
    Yeah it's kinda ridiculous, and surprising, while I definitely wouldn't want ASM to be interrupted for some dumbass tie-in, unless it has Absolute Carnage's quality (And that's more because the Kindred part and Peter's flashback help out to develop the story Spencer was making), it's still weird that Spidey is getting nothing, you'd expect Marvel to make a mini tie-in lol.

Does Peter need a tie-in if he's directly involved with the main book?

does the world need king in black

(no)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate