Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    My heart says that a proposal is coming....

My head tells me that Marvel has disappointed me far too often so don’t expect that. I’m really hoping that this isn’t one of those lame cliche “Being Spider-Man causes too much stress and forces us to stay apart” moments.
    Yeah, unfortunately, I see this not happening due to editorial mandate. C'mon on Marvel (please) prove me wrong I'm imploring you don't perform (yet) another troll of Spidey fans.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

Sorry about the negativity, but I've been burned too many times with teases of the return of a more mature Spidey since 2008. I'm adopting a wait and see attitude here.
    I always promise myself that I’m going to be responsible and do the same as far as “wait and see” goes. However Marvel throws out some teases and I’m fanboying again about Peter/MJ eventually leading myself towards frustration and dissatisfaction.....

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    We had a mature Spidey?
    We sure did from the 1980s through to 2007 Peter underwent a metric ton of character growth. I adored his adult-level relationships with Daredevil, Black Cat, MJ, and so many others during that period which gave us the Hobgoblin, Venom, Harry's touching death, and Kraven's Last Hunt, ah truly a golden age.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-19-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Mighty Member

My head tells me that Marvel has disappointed me far too often so don’t expect that. I’m really hoping that this isn’t one of those lame cliche “Being Spider-Man causes too much stress and forces us to stay apart” moments.
    I get that, at the same time, MJ has been hyped up a lot recently and the first pages of Spencer's run was pretty much 'to have and to hold'.

A lot of this screams to me that they want the two back together. Especially seeing how we have new management since 08, and that a young Peter Parker is redundant now we have Miles Morales.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I get that, at the same time, MJ has been hyped up a lot recently and the first pages of Spencer's run was pretty much 'to have and to hold'.

A lot of this screams to me that they want the two back together. Especially seeing how we have new management since 08, and that a young Peter Parker is redundant now we have Miles Morales.
    I forget at times about the Miles Morales effect. That’s a good point you are making about Marvel already having a “young” Spider-Man to appeal to that teen demographic that Marvel seems to think reads comics lol.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post

Something tells me that big thing gonna happen to Peter and MJ in Issue 60.
    He is gonna propose guys mira happening!

I forget at times about the Miles Morales effect. That’s a good point you are making about Marvel already having a “young” Spider-Man to appeal to that teen demographic that Marvel seems to think reads comics lol.
    Yeah, no way the majority of actual comic readers are under twenty (and haven't been in decades).

I've been saying for years that having Miles and Peter compete for the same niche rather than letting Pete "grow-up" is shortsighted and asinine. They should use Peter to tell more mature stories while using Miles to tell more youth orientated stories. Hopefully, Marvel has finally seen the error of this approach post-Into The Spider-Verse and Miles' pop culture popularity elevation as a character. *crosses fingers*

Haven't we already done that already? It doesn't work. The only way Peter and MJ will be separated is if Lady death claims her

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Haven't we already done that already? It doesn't work. The only way Peter and MJ will be separated is if Lady death claims her
    I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    If lady death comes knocking the backlash is going to be absolutely off the chain. There’s no chance that MJ is having a conversation with “Lady death” any time soon. Let’s not even bring that up and risk giving Marvel any ideas lol.

I don't think Spencer will kill off MJ for 3 main reasons

1) He is a huge fan of her character and said one of the things that made his run 1000 times better was when he found out he was allowed to have her and Peter in a relationship again
    2) We've already seen it where MJ was "dead" before, where a period of a grieving Peter followed that no one liked and it's regarded as a low point in Spidey's history. It would be a retread of something we've seen, not anything new and exciting.
    3) Marvel won't let him. Marvel has a big policy against killing off key characters so that future writers can use them in their stories. if they did kill MJ, they would have a backup plan to bring her back. But again, it's been done before and it wasn't fun the first time so it doesn't make sense to retread that ground.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 11-19-2020 at 12:42 PM.

marvel cannot even collect a story arc correctly
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

If lady death comes knocking the backlash is going to be absolutely off the chain. There’s no chance that MJ is having a conversation with “Lady death” any time soon. Let’s not even bring that up and risk giving Marvel any ideas lol.
    I'm not saying it has to happen. I'm just saying thats the only way to get rid of Mary Jane if they want to. Those 2 will always be drawn to each other no matter what. MJ said that in an issue in fact.

I think if we get a proposal, and MJ says yes, the Mysterio thing will probably screw it up to some extent (because I wouldn't be surprised if MJ still hasn't told Peter about it by then).

Astonishing Member

Am I the only one that misses the way Bagley drew big eyes on Spidey's masked face like he used in the 90s run and Ultimate?