Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

The BND stuff is a very mixed bag in all honesty. I remember when I was younger, I kind of fell off it after a while.
    The stuff that directly succeeds OMD is absolute crap, with the worse coming from Slott of all People. A few seeds for later story arcs are planted, but it's pretty worthless. I'm going to be honest, I don't like Mr Negative. I enjoyed the game a lot and enjoyed the parts with him in it, but I really don't care for him.
    I'd say read #600 and then skip to Big Time. Big Time is a much better era in my opinion.

OMIT is a contender for worst Spider-Man comic, the only other contender I can think of is OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    The BND stuff is a very mixed bag in all honesty. I remember when I was younger, I kind of fell off it after a while.
    The stuff that directly succeeds OMD is absolute crap, with the worse coming from Slott of all People. A few seeds for later story arcs are planted, but it's pretty worthless. I'm going to be honest, I don't like Mr Negative. I enjoyed the game a lot and enjoyed the parts with him in it, but I really don't care for him.
    I'd say read #600 and then skip to Big Time. Big Time is a much better era in my opinion.

OMIT is a contender for worst Spider-Man comic, the only other contender I can think of is OMD.
    Where can I thumbs up this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So the only pre-OMD story that has been altered is the one where Peter and MJ get married. In the revised story, Spider-Man is traveling through the city, but a red pigeon controlled by future Mephisto releases a cheap thug from police custody and that thug later tosses a brick like 40 feet in the air and knocks Spider-man out. So Peter never makes it to the wedding.
    That guy wasted his life being a thug man, with a throw game like that, he could easily dominate in baseball lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    You know my big fear when they undid the marriage is "what if the stories that undid the marriage end up being better in quality than the original Wedding Annual?" Because the Wedding Annual is a good comic, and an excellent one but it's got flaws and has a weak reputation.

But Quesada made that look like Watchmen by comparison. OMIT is s--t bad. And the fact that the entire Spider-Man continuity rests on two wretched comics like OMD and OMIT ensures that it will never have true legitimacy and value.
    Yeah, bad changes can be accepted if good stories come out from it, but OMD/OMIT, hoo boy, not only those are bad stories by default, they had no commitment in actually affecting **** besides separating Peter and MJ, and magically resurrecting Harry, and the stories we got have, questionable, quality, which just gives fans more reasons to be annoyed that the marriage is gone, 'cause Marvel successfuly managed to make the marriage look better by making stories after the marriage was gone be meh, it's honestly beautiful how they screwed up this bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Where can I thumbs up this post?
    This forum would need to stop being a relic from the 90's/early 2000's for that lol.

Although writing "+1" is close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Per Quesada and others, every story that happened in the marriage era happened but they were living together as a couple in a long-term relationship. That's what they are running with.

It doesn't make sense if you think about it because how important the marriage was to the characters and how people treated them in that time but that's the explanation they are running with.

Lend it out of the library if need be. I don't recommend spooling out money for that trash. I am being serious, it's a truly bad comic.

You are welcome.
    Except, I believe, they claim that baby May didn't exist, which was an important story at the time. Because I guess you can't get pregnant if you're not married.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Except, I believe, they claim that baby May didn't exist, which was an important story at the time. Because I guess you can't get pregnant if you're not married.
    Apparently, they go back and forth regarding that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Tom Brevoort said it happened. Quesada at one point said it didn't.

Overall the baby won't be referenced or mentioned in the continuity (and that was true even in the JMS era when they were married and even a little before that) so it's moot.