Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Val Armorr vs Iron Fist Hulk with Johnny Quick's speed formula

Let's see if third times the charm! Once again not intended as a spite or intentional curbstomp. Hulk is trained to be Danny Rand's equal and is gifted with the power of the Iron Fist, he's also taught Johnny Quicks's speed formula which unless anybody can conclusively say is utterly wrong I'm pegging .5c. Is this new Hulk strong enough, Skilled enough, fast enough to take Val down or do I have to start getting really silly?

He gets yeeted into another Solar System. Or gets his head punched off.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Still too slow for pre crisis Val (who has the ftl reaction time going with his strikes and dodges and etc.). Also not durable enough for how hard he hits.

Val down or do I have to start getting really silly?
    I'd suggest giving it a week so this doesn't start looking like spamming the board with such, honestly.

Basically what you will find is Val is one of those characters who either gets stomped, or will himself stomp. There aren't really great matches for him, Rumbles styles.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 11-19-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Spectacular Member

Fair enough, have no desire to be that guy. Crazy that even with all those upgrades to Hulk Val still wins and it's not particularly close.

I liked Val Armorr when I was a kid, but I now understand why Paul Levitz decided to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Basically what you will find is Val is one of those characters who either gets stomped, or will himself stomp. There aren't really great matches for him, Rumbles styles.
    In that barren stretch of land I like to call County Nefaria.

He either wins hard or loses hard. No middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    In that barren stretch of land I like to call County Nefaria.

He either wins hard or loses hard. No middle ground.
    That's territory that I associate with Monica Rambeau. Most writers seem to agree, as nobody writers about her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Still too slow for pre crisis Val (who has the ftl reaction time going with his strikes and dodges and etc.). Also not durable enough for how hard he hits.

I'd suggest giving it a week so this doesn't start looking like spamming the board with such, honestly.

Pretty much. Closest I've seen to a "fair" match is Kenshiro vs. Val Armorr, and from what I remember that's only because there's a chance that Kenshiro can use Musou Tensei to become intangible before Val curbstomps him, making it a stalemate.

Unless of course, there's been a fighting style developed in the DC universe by the 31st Century that allows him to attack people who've used a technique to become intangible. Because Val Armorr's superpower is knowing every martial arts style to have been developed by the 31st century. Even alien martial arts that a human shouldn't be able to use.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Pretty much. Closest I've seen to a "fair" match is Kenshiro vs. Val Armorr, and from what I remember that's only because there's a chance that Kenshiro can use Musou Tensei to become intangible before Val curbstomps him, making it a stalemate.

Unless of course, there's been a fighting style developed in the DC universe by the 31st Century that allows him to attack people who've used a technique to become intangible. Because Val Armorr's superpower is knowing every martial arts style to have been developed by the 31st century. Even alien martial arts that a human shouldn't be able to use.
    Saitama is close too.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Saitama is close too.
    Saitama's in a whole different league from Kenshiro. I kind of doubt Val can hurt Saitama, though to be fair, that's more based on nothing being able to hurt Saitama taht we've seen thus far, rather then pure feats. I don't think that "planet busting" would actually do it, outside of, you know, leaving him floating there without a planet to stand on.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Saitama's in a whole different league from Kenshiro. I kind of doubt Val can hurt Saitama, though to be fair, that's more based on nothing being able to hurt Saitama taht we've seen thus far, rather then pure feats. I don't think that "planet busting" would actually do it, outside of, you know, leaving him floating there without a planet to stand on.
    Eh, Saitama has no feats of resisting punches hard enough to make PC Krptonians feel his hits.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Also, given a free shot, I don't think Saitama's shown a resistance to some of Kenshiro's more esoteric pressure point tricks so Ken could probably kill him.

Granted Saitama is way too fast and strong, much like the Val match up to be honest, but Ken is more than capable of killing either of them if he's able to touch them.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-23-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Would his soul density negate that?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Would his soul density negate that?
    Eh, possibly. Tatsumaki has a hard time effecting him with her psychic power and, with the redraw especially, she's leagues above Val or Kenshiro in raw power.

My query would be, is Saitama's spirit the same as ki? It blocks epic scale psychic power, so I'd certainly buy that it's functionally the same thing.

That said, I still don't think he could defend against Ken's phase that technique. Unless we want to argue that dense spirit blocks intangible stuff as well?

A lot of "Yeah, maybe?" when discussing Saitama.

I'd probably grant a level of resistance based on his no-selling Tatsumaki, but it Kenshiro can phase his brain out or something I wouldn't?

If that makes any kind of sense.

Arx Inosaan