Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Human Torch vs Zuko

This is basically to see if Zuko could control Johny's flames. Do you think Zuko's firebending is strong enough to counter HT?

BANNED

Unless Zuko can control Supernova, I don't think Zuko will ever defeat Johnny.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Short answer: no.

Even if Zuko could block an attack, It ultimately wouldn't matter, because Torch can just maintain a level of output that puts Sosen's Comet to shame without much issue, so Zuko would never get the chance to go on the offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

Even if Zuko could block an attack, It ultimately wouldn't matter, because Torch can just maintain a level of output that puts Sosen's Comet to shame without much issue, so Zuko would never get the chance to go on the offensive.
    I was thinking more if Zuko could firebend Human Torch himself not just his fire. I doubt it but I wanted to see what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I was thinking more if Zuko could firebend Human Torch himself not just his fire. I doubt it but I wanted to see what others think.
    I don't THINK Torch is actually made of fire, like how Iceman is made of Ice. I think he is just covered in it.

Torch generates and controls the fire with a level of intuition and scale I don't think Zuko can override.

Interestingly, Torch is also able to exert control over fire external to himself, so he's something of a Firebender as well.

Of course, the OP granted a Rumble is obviously in Johnny's favour. Only one of these guys has a burn scar after all.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i don't think i can remember zuko bending someone else's fire, like another bender.

Would Johnny being near Zuko power him up like Sozin's comet?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Would Johnny being near Zuko power him up like Sozin's comet?
    Can't see why it would. The comet works because bending is powered by spiritual mystic stuff. Johnny isn't that. In fact, he has been burned by hellfire.

Can't see why it would. The comet works because bending is powered by spiritual mystic stuff. Johnny isn't that. In fact, he has been burned by hellfire.
    it's specifically noted that fire benders have a spiritual connection to the sun and thus are stronger during the day. similar to how water benders are stronger during a full moon.

if zuko did get a power up from johnny, then any source of fire would be a power up for him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it's specifically noted that fire benders have a spiritual connection to the sun and thus are stronger during the day. similar to how water benders are stronger during a full moon.

if zuko did get a power up from johnny, then any source of fire would be a power up for him.
    To play Devil's advocate, Johnny's powers come from Cosmic Radiation, generated by a solar flare overcharging the Van Allen radiation belts. So Johnny's are technically derived from the sun too.

Not that it would make much of a difference, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    To play Devil's advocate, Johnny's powers come from Cosmic Radiation, generated by a solar flare overcharging the Van Allen radiation belts. So Johnny's are technically derived from the sun too.

Not that it would make much of a difference, mind.
    that was retconed a bit in the recent FF run. it was radiation from an alien planet who thought they were conquoers.

it's a long story.

Extraordinary Member

that was retconed a bit in the recent FF run. it was radiation from an alien planet who thought they were conquoers.

it's a long story.
    Is this the same run that retconned Franklin into not being a mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Is this the same run that retconned Franklin into not being a mutant?
    not sure. in the current run, franklin is still a mutant. his powers are just fucked up right now.

Extraordinary Member

not sure. in the current run, franklin is still a mutant. his powers are just fucked up right now.
    No, in the newest issue it was revealed that Franklin has never been a mutant, he was just subconciously faking it