Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Does Marvel even remember that Morlun hunts other totems? I mean there was that one time he went after Black Panther, 'cause I guess just dressing as an animal counts, but since Spider-Verse, they talk about Morlums like they only hunt Spiders.

But yeah, Morlum and Morbius could be an interesting matchup... Also what would even happen to Morlum if Sin Eater steals his powers? Will he be unable to eat? Or become a normal humanoid since Solus is the one who made the other Morlums into essentially vampires?
    To be somewhat fair, Black Panther doesn't just dress like a black panther, he gets his powers (peak human physicality and superhuman senses of sight, hearing, smell, and kinesthetics) from the Heart-Shaped Herb gifted to Wakanda by the panther goddess Bast, much like how Spider-Man gets his powers ever since the JMS run from an avatar of a spider-god, who may or may not be Anansi.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To be somewhat fair, Black Panther doesn't just dress like a black panther, he gets his powers (peak human physicality and superhuman senses of sight, hearing, smell, and kinesthetics) from the Heart-Shaped Herb gifted to Wakanda by the panther goddess Bast, much like how Spider-Man gets his powers ever since the JMS run from an avatar of a spider-god, who may or may not be Anansi.
    Huh, I knew about the herb, but thought it just made him stronger and that "Black Panther" was used as some tradition, didn't know it was actually connected with the animal in some way with that goddess, so yeah, my bad, Morlum going after T'Challa makes sense.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Huh, I knew about the herb, but thought it just made him stronger and that "Black Panther" was used as some tradition, didn't know it was actually connected with the animal in some way with that goddess, so yeah, my bad, Morlum going after T'Challa makes sense.
    It's cool. I'm personally still waiting for a good (and epic) Spider-Panther team-up playing on the more mystical factors with them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I’ve only been a casual reader the last few months. Can anyone explain what the LR means (and the function of these books)?

Spectacular Member

Do we really need to bring back Morlun? He's been ever-present in the last 10 years.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’ve only been a casual reader the last few months. Can anyone explain what the LR means (and the function of these books)?
    LR means Last Remains and these are "secondary" parts of the main Kindred storyline. They are quite important tho, as they focus on Norman Osborn and the Order of the Web.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I think it’s about time Sin Eater was finished. Although I imagine he will this battle and go against the Order of the Web next.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I think it’s about time Sin Eater was finished. Although I imagine he will this battle and go against the Order of the Web next.
    thats what the previews says for issue 54 LR
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    thats what the previews says for issue 54 LR
    Don't trust solicits, they said there would be a brutal battle in ASM#53, and not a single punch was thrown in that issue lol.

Astonishing Member

Morlun and his family were capable of beating powerful individuals even in their weakest states. I don't see how Sin-Eater really hopes to defeat Morlun.

And by the way, I expected other things to appear in the preview, mainly the misterious "Spider-MJ".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Morlun and his family were capable of beating powerful individuals even in their weakest states. I don't see how Sin-Eater really hopes to defeat Morlun.

And by the way, I expected other things to appear in the preview, mainly the misterious "Spider-MJ".
    It’s simple. Spencer gave him plot armor. He can totally beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

I mean, Sin Eater might still have that power steal power that Kindred gave him, and if so, he only needs one shot to win.

Don't trust solicits, they said there would be a brutal battle in ASM#53, and not a single punch was thrown in that issue lol.
    Maybe they meant in a psychological sense...?

After Sin Eater stole Juggernaut's powers so easily, do you think he won't steal Morlun's powers easily too?

Astonishing Member

I mean, Sin Eater might still have that power steal power that Kindred gave him, and if so, he only needs one shot to win.
    Still, it's not like you can shot easily at Morlun; unless he's so overconfident with his invulnerability that he doesn't dodge it, similar to how his brother though Punishe 2099's weapons wouldn't have effect on him. They really couldn't kill him, but it certainly hurt him much.