Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Chapter One was pretty much dropped as quickly it arrived. To say it ruined AF#15 was a bit silly however seeing as AF is still around, and Chapter One got ignored the moment it finished. At least we got the Ultimate Universe out of it.

Abrams' Spider-Man will be largely forgotten. I don't think it has any lasting impact on the character, either within editorial or in character (it's not canon so...).
    It is funny to think that it's still being released and yet it hasn't touched the character at all. No one talks about it and every issue is now just a stealth release. It got a tiny amount of hype from Marvel which went as soon as the first issue hit.
    I've not read any of it, but from what I've heard, it's a generic Spider-Man story. Nothing good enough to remember and nothing bad enough to stand out.
    Chapter One was literally ignored while it was ongoing.

When Paul Jenkins and Sean Phillips had a flashback scene in a Webspinners arc featuring the Chameleon, they referenced the version in Amazing Spider-Man#1.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Mister Mets;5262409]Chapter One was literally ignored while it was ongoing.

When Paul Jenkins and Sean Phillips had a flashback scene in a Webspinners arc featuring the Chameleon, they referenced the version in Amazing Spider-Man#1.[/QUOTE
    I have read that Marvel wanted a Chapter 2 but Byrne said no ( so obviously someone at Marvel liked it). I also remember the “Original idea” version of the Clone Saga ( not to mention Jackal in Ghost Spider), also Spencer is also using despised storylines ( and not just OMD) in his run, so I could easily see elements of Chapter One and even Abrams returning in the future. Especially if the Abrams ending is decent.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 12-06-2020 at 07:30 AM.

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;5262446]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Chapter One was literally ignored while it was ongoing.

When Paul Jenkins and Sean Phillips had a flashback scene in a Webspinners arc featuring the Chameleon, they referenced the version in Amazing Spider-Man#1.[/QUOTE
    I have read that Marvel wanted a Chapter 2 but Byrne said no ( so obviously someone at Marvel liked it). I also remember the “Original idea” version of the Clone Saga ( not to mention Jackal in Ghost Spider), also Spencer is also using despised storylines ( and not just OMD) in his run, so I could easily see elements of Chapter One and even Abrams returning in the future.

There's literally no chance either will be brought up. OMD, no mater how terrible it actually is and how much it destroys Spider-Man canon, is probably one of the most important comics in said canon. You can't ignore it if you want to go through Spider-Man history.
    Chapter One was a poorly constructed origin story which got replaced by Ultimate Spider-Man, SpiBrahms is an alternative future which is forgotten about even now. I doubt if any future writer will have nostalgia for that mini. Most that will happen is the the villain will get reused and retooled for the mainline Universe.

So no, they are largely gone. It's like Trouble, it will only be remembered by hardcore fans who enjoy shitting on it.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=FFJamie94;5262455]
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post

There's literally no chance either will be brought up. OMD, no mater how terrible it actually is and how much it destroys Spider-Man canon, is probably one of the most important comics in said canon. You can't ignore it if you want to go through Spider-Man history.
    Chapter One was a poorly constructed origin story which got replaced by Ultimate Spider-Man, SpiBrahms is an alternative future which is forgotten about even now. I doubt if any future writer will have nostalgia for that mini. Most that will happen is the the villain will get reused and retooled for the mainline Universe.

So no, they are largely gone. It's like Trouble, it will only be remembered by hardcore fans who enjoy shitting on it.
    I do not disagree with you. That is why I used the word “Elements” regarding Chapter One and Abrams. The biggest problem with Abrams is the villain is the only decent part of it. I cared nothing for Peter’s son.