Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm tradewaiting Radiant Black so I'm curious how they collect the alternate timelines.
    I'm thinking I might as well. I don't mind the book now being twice monthly, but requiring us to purchase both digitally and physically is getting to me. It may just be simpler to buy and read all as a trade.

Right now it looks like there'll be two trades, the first with 25A+B, 26A+B, and 27A+B, then the second probably with 28A+B, 29A+B, and 30A+B

I went to my shop today and they only had 26.5 in stock even both are supposed to come out today. The shop owner told me that Higgins wanted them released weeks from each other, but that was first time I had heard of this and they were supposed to be same day release.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/no-one-6-of-10

No/one issue 6 is set to release November 1st and the next two issues have release dates on the Image Comics website.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    I'm thinking I might as well. I don't mind the book now being twice monthly, but requiring us to purchase both digitally and physically is getting to me. It may just be simpler to buy and read all as a trade.

Right now it looks like there'll be two trades, the first with 25A+B, 26A+B, and 27A+B, then the second probably with 28A+B, 29A+B, and 30A+B
    Why do I have to buy a digital copy? probably I missed something.

No/one issue 6 isn't showing up on Comoxology or Amazon.

Higgins is aware of the problem on Twitter and states that it's an Amazon problem rather than an Image problem.

https://x.com/KyleDHiggins/status/17...552468175?s=20

Episode 6 of the podcast is up.

https://the-drop.info/

Edit- No/one issue 6 is up on Amazon and releases November 8th.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-05-2023 at 08:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

26 and 26A showed how different Nathan and Marshall are as characters.

Marshall gained more sympathy for me after that issue, because he wanted Nathan at his side, whereas Nathan tried the whole thing alone. Before that I had the impression it would be the other way around.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/shift-one-shot

"SHIFT" comes out on the 20th and is - 5.99.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

So I got into the massive verse last year and am glad i did it. I didn't read everything, but i did read Radiant Black, Inferno Girl Red and Rogue Sun. I'm trade waiting these series, so I only read the first 4 volumes of Radiant Black, 2 volumes if rogue sun and the Inferno Girl Red graphic novel

-Radiant Black for me started off strong with the first 2 volumes, but i feel like the latest 2 volumes spun its wheels. Im not a fan nathan returning because i think marshall is the far more interesting character and the .5 gimmick issues they're currently doing seem weird to me. Depending on what happens in the catalyst will decide if i continue with this series or not.

-Inferno Girl Red is the one I'm most disappointed in and my least favorite of the three i read. The world and the setting are cool, the art is hands down the best thing about the book and the best of the three series. The writing and the characters are painfully mediocre to me. I feel like the main character is so cookie cutter, generic "relatable protagonist #4" that i didnt like her or the cast. This is a 100% me thing though, since i know people seem to really like her and the supporting cast. The IGR suit is the best designed suit in all the massive verse imo.

- Rogue sun was one of the best comic series i read last year. It reaffirms my love for legacy characters and the potential impact they can have when you don't just make them for a check. Going off the reviews and reactions I've seen online, I'm definitely in the minority, but i love Dylan. He's a bully, and an ******* and selfish, but these things make him such a refreshing protagonist to watch. Im so tired of the "relatable protagonist" and like my main characters to have some edge to them (not 1610 ultimates levels of edge) which is why im not a huge fan of nathan or cassia. Dylan's basically if flash thompson was an outcast and got powers and it's so fun. The more flaws allow for his inevitable growth to be that much narratively satisfying. I like the punk aesthetic to the designs of the world, also making his villians magic systems differentiates him from radiant black's tech villians. The family dynamics and interactions are so messy and i love them lol. Rogue sun being inherently legacy based is fascinating, and I can't wait to see other Rogue sun's beside caleb. I could go on forever about what i love about this series. It's that good, eagerly awaiting vol 3 in march.

Sorry I did not expect this to turn into an essay lol.

Rogue Sun is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the next volume. I think Dylan is relatable but not really likable. He's what Bakugo from MHA would be as a protagonist.

Radiant Black is decent. I don't mind Nathan coming back but I think Marshall is the stronger choice. I'm surprised they didn't introduce Radiant Blue yet so I guess that could be the outcome of "Catalyst". The runner up becomes Radiant Blue?

Both Radiant Black and Rogue Sun are interesting takes on Legacies and how to handle them. Marvel and DC could learn a thing or two from them.

I didn't read Radiant Pink/Red or Inferno Girl yet.

I'm checking out No/one. It's a cool street level hero book.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-11-2024 at 08:13 AM.

I have fallen off of Radiant Black, everything that i have been reading the book has fallen quite a bit from when it started. I s that how everyone is feeling?

The mistake that they made was creating several other books and mini-series that they did, and really should of contained a lot of these stories into 1-2 books. I understand they want to expand the universe, but sometimes you do not need multiple books to get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    I have fallen off of Radiant Black, everything that i have been reading the book has fallen quite a bit from when it started. I s that how everyone is feeling?

The mistake that they made was creating several other books and mini-series that they did, and really should of contained a lot of these stories into 1-2 books. I understand they want to expand the universe, but sometimes you do not need multiple books to get to that point.
    I don't think RB dipped that much in quality since it started. The current split timeline is a cool idea but I'm not sure if it is worth reading in single issues.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-12-2024 at 04:35 AM.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Rogue Sun is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the next volume. I think Dylan is relatable but not really likable. He's what Bakugo from MHA would be as a protagonist.

Radiant Black is decent. I don't mind Nathan coming back but I think Marshall is the stronger choice. I'm surprised they didn't introduce Radiant Blue yet so I guess that could be the outcome of "Catalyst". The runner up becomes Radiant Blue?

Both Radiant Black and Rogue Sun are interesting takes on Legacies and how to handle them. Marvel and DC could learn a thing or two from them.

I didn't read Radiant Pink/Red or Inferno Girl yet.

I'm checking out No/one. It's a cool street level hero book.
    Tbf to Dylan I think he's 100x more likable than bakugo lol

They're definitely saving Radiant Blue for something, It could be for the runner up

The benefit that radiant black and Rogue sun has is that these legacy heroes aren't replacing characters with irl 60+ years of history with fans that are resistant to change.

I tried radiant Pink but I couldn't stand the art.

I heard no/one was basically the batman of the massive verse and am intrigued, I'll probably buy the trade when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Tbf to Dylan I think he's 100x more likable than bakugo lol

They're definitely saving Radiant Blue for something, It could be for the runner up

The benefit that radiant black and Rogue sun has is that these legacy heroes aren't replacing characters with irl 60+ years of history with fans that are resistant to change.

I tried radiant Pink but I couldn't stand the art.

I heard no/one was basically the batman of the massive verse and am intrigued, I'll probably buy the trade when it comes out.
    I thought the Dead lucky was a good book. You should check it out. It's hard to create new superheroes and the Massive verse is a good batch.

Dylan is definitely more likable than Bakugo.

No/one is a slow burn and dense so waiting for a trade is a good idea.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-12-2024 at 03:26 AM.

I don't think RB dipped that much in quality since it started. The current split timeline is a cool idea but I'm not sure if it is worth reading in single issues.
    That is what I have read about splitting the books up each month with the addition of a .5. I've been still picking up the books each month since they are on my pull list, but I had stopped reading around the early teens. Some of the things I was reading around other forums was that it had dipped a bit. Like you said, it could be these split timelines that are causing a bit of an issue.

I remember people having high hopes early on that we get some kind of animation series out of this, which is very possible with how fleshed out the universe has become.

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    That is what I have read about splitting the books up each month with the addition of a .5. I've been still picking up the books each month since they are on my pull list, but I had stopped reading around the early teens. Some of the things I was reading around other forums was that it had dipped a bit. Like you said, it could be these split timelines that are causing a bit of an issue.

I remember people having high hopes early on that we get some kind of animation series out of this, which is very possible with how fleshed out the universe has become.
    I dropped it back around issue 4 but I came back when it was collected in volumes. Of the Massive verse books I'm reading, RB is my least favorite but it's still solid.

The split timeline is an interesting gimmick but it looks pricey. So it could be more of a price concern than a story concern.

I don't think there are too many massive verse books as the universe feels standalone. What books would you cut?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-12-2024 at 09:36 AM.