Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    Awesome, I will take a look at these here at some point once I finish up Year 1 since some say that this comes at the end of that.

I was even picking up all of the Rogue Sun and Dead Lucky, never got around to reading any of them. The good thing is that I have quite a bit to read as I have been chopping down my pull list. I was just buying books to buy them at times in the past and have started to get better about that as it is a total waste of money.
    Cool. I'm trying to cut my pull list down by cutting Marvel and DC books and focusing more on trades than single issues.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Cool. I'm trying to cut my pull list down by cutting Marvel and DC books and focusing more on trades than single issues.
    Since last year, I started moving towards Omnibus. I have been taking a lot of my floppies to online marketplaces and even been doing comic shows. Unless it is a big book, I am trying to really tone down on the floppies.

I feel you on the Marvel and DC stuff. I am also cutting back on books from both, there is just so much junk they keep releasing these days.

Astonishing Member

Since last year, I started moving towards Omnibus. I have been taking a lot of my floppies to online marketplaces and even been doing comic shows. Unless it is a big book, I am trying to really tone down on the floppies.

I feel you on the Marvel and DC stuff. I am also cutting back on books from both, there is just so much junk they keep releasing these days.
    Yeah, and the Ultimate Black Panther cost 5,99...thats way too much for a single. 4,99 is my breaking point, better 3,99 for a single issue.

They're fine but the cyclical nature can get to you. Plus I found myself more interested in the new faces than the old guard. I started to feel like some of the new characters at Marvel and DC would've been better served as creator owned works. So indies started to look more appealing.

The split timeline would've worked better if Nathan died early on. Exploring universe b where Nathan lived and Marshall died would've been interesting.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-15-2024 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Yeah, and the Ultimate Black Panther cost 5,99...thats way too much for a single. 4,99 is my breaking point, better 3,99 for a single issue.
    Even the regular issues now are $4.99 on certain titles, it has gotten way out of control. It is one thing that I love about Image Comics and they have good pricing. Look at Spawn, still $2.99.

They're fine but the cyclical nature can get to you. Plus I found myself more interested in the new faces than the old guard. I started to feel like some of the new characters at Marvel and DC would've been better served as creator owned works. So indies started to look more appealing.

The split timeline would've worked better if Nathan died early on. Exploring universe b where Nathan lived and Marshall died would've been interesting.
    That is the problem with Marvel and DC, they have been too busy try to create replacements for their main heroes than trying to just create new ones. It is the one thing that has gotten them screwed.

No/one issue 8 got delayed till mid march.

Even the regular issues now are $4.99 on certain titles, it has gotten way out of control. It is one thing that I love about Image Comics and they have good pricing. Look at Spawn, still $2.99.

That is the problem with Marvel and DC, they have been too busy try to create replacements for their main heroes than trying to just create new ones. It is the one thing that has gotten them screwed.
    I can't blame them as fans haven't supported new ip in years. When Miles took off over Reptil and the Avengers Academy kids, I can't blame them for thinking replacements and legacies are the answer.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-16-2024 at 04:31 AM.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

No/one issue 8 got delayed till mid march.

I can't blame them as fans haven't supported new ip in years. When Miles took off over Reptil and the Avengers Academy kids, I can't blame them for thinking replacements and legacies are the answer.
    Another factor that plays into this as well is that when a new character with no connection to an existing character is created, as soon as the creator leaves, No one else uses that character. Look at Naomi, as soon as bendis was gone from DC no one touches her. It's harder to do that for legacy characters. Compare that to Ironheart, every Ironman run is at least going to acknowledge her in some way.

I wonder if a supermassive 2024 is happening? If so who do you guys want to show up in it. I wanna see inferno girl red and Rogue sun interact(technically they did but it was Marcus not Dylan)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Another factor that plays into this as well is that when a new character with no connection to an existing character is created, as soon as the creator leaves, No one else uses that character. Look at Naomi, as soon as bendis was gone from DC no one touches her. It's harder to do that for legacy characters. Compare that to Ironheart, every Ironman run is at least going to acknowledge her in some way.

I wonder if a supermassive 2024 is happening? If so who do you guys want to show up in it. I wanna see inferno girl red and Rogue sun interact(technically they did but it was Marcus not Dylan)
    I don't like legacies much anymore but I understand the practicalities of using them.

I would say No/one or C.O.W.L but No/one feels more grounded than the other books. It's the Batman/Punisher dilemma. He might work better as the outsider looking above, judging the other heroes from afar.

C.O.W.L is seperate from the Massive verse but I don't mind retconning it in or having a meta moment where some new heroes debut with the mantles from the book.

Higgins has teased No/one meeting the other heroes on Twitter so that's likely to happen in the Supermassive.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2024 at 08:53 AM.

Radiant Black volume 5 comes out today. It covers both versions of 26 and 27. The split timeline takes some getting used to but both versions have an interesting flavor to them.

Issue 8 of No/One came out today. This issue is where the various threads and characters start to converge. I'm looking forward to how it all wraps up. I'm hoping this is just the beginning for No/one.

Astonishing Member

i am glad that the storyline in Rouge Sun is over. I felt that it didnt read fluently and dragged along. Right now I am thinking about canceling it.

This thread should be renamed in an all Massive Universe thread.

Probably would not be a bad idea for the mods to rename this to Massiverse (Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, etc.) by Kyle Higgins.

Probably would not be a bad idea for the mods to rename this to Massiverse (Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, etc.) by Kyle Higgins.
    Good idea, done!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Good idea, done!
    Faster than your name would suggest ;-)

Thanks for updating the title