Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I'm reading the Dead Lucky volume 1 and I'm loving it so far. It reminds me what I'm missing from Marvel and DC.

I got caught up with Radiant Black volume 3 and it feels like Spider-Man for your 20s. Does that make sense?

I'm hoping Radiant Yellow gets a miniseries next. His character really popped for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I read The Dead Lucky and I am not quite sure how that fits into the new superhero universe?
    It does connect in bigger ways towards the end of the first volume.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-22-2023 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm reading the Dead Lucky volume 1 and I'm loving it so far. It reminds me what I'm missing from Marvel and DC.

I got caught up with Radiant Black volume 3 and it feels like Spider-Man for your 20s. Does that make sense?

I'm hoping Radiant Yellow gets a miniseries next. His character really popped for me.
    I loved Wendell's parallel timeline backstory issue, part of me would love more of that for a mini and part of me thought the single issue was perfect.

I can totally see the Spider-Man comparisons, especially when Marshall's under the helmet. I can't decide whether I prefer Marshall or Nathan as RB

Astonishing Member

I have to do without The Dead Lucky, didnt like it.

Radiant Pink is a bit deviating from the other Radiant series. Its goofy fun, for good or worse.

I don't need a Wendell mini, the single story was perfect.

Rogue Sun is a fun teen hero book. It's the Massive-verse's first legacy book and it got me thinking about that subgenre.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-27-2023 at 05:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm loving the sound of this. Not only does Higgins write an awesome comicbook every month but he's also extremely inventive and comes up with fun, out of the box thinking approaches to storytelling. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I have to do without The Dead Lucky, didnt like it.
    I enjoyed Dead Lucky but it definitely did feel like the weakest of the three so far.

Rogue Sun is a fun teen hero book. It's the Massive-verse's first legacy book and it got me thinking about that subgenre.
    Rogue Sun's been great. I still don't find Dylan very likable tbh but dang I feel for him after the reveal with his mom in the first trade.

Haven't been able to pick up No/One yet, but the multimedia approach is ambitious as hell and I love how Higgins and co. have applied it with the Massiveverse so far!

Is "Radiant Black" worth picking up? I love "Invincible" (the comic and series). I keep hearing it's kinda like that.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Is "Radiant Black" worth picking up? I love "Invincible" (the comic and series). I keep hearing it's kinda like that.
    It's got a 20-something looking to sort things out vibe. If you like that kinda thing, it could be for you.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-07-2023 at 04:45 PM.

It's sort of like Invincible meets Power Rangers? More Power Rangers (comic) vibes in terms of style, but Invincible vibes in terms of young character(s) going through actual growth

I thought the comic was good at first, but am starting to lose interest. I haven't really liked any of the other Massive-verse books all that much and for now am just reading the stuff written by Higgins himself. I may just drop it altogether before the Catalyst War crossover.......
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Astonishing Member

For me its the other way around. The longer it goes the better it gets.

Rogue Sun #12's ending was a bit predictable, but will be an interesting thread to pick up when the book returns.

Looks like Radiant Black's starting off the Catalyst War early with #23!

Astonishing Member

Yesterday, I read No/ONe 1. It reads like a modern crime thriller, or lets say it is a modern crime thriller with a superhero theme.

Maybe its on me, but I found it a bit confusing at first. When you don't know the characters and the story hits that fast I can get too much, therefore you find a lot of information at the end of the book about the characters and the crime case.

BANNED

This is easily the best super hero comic on the shelves IMO. Just firing on all cylinders with great characters, lore, mystery, phenomenal art, just one of those books I can't wait to read every month. I'd say it's the best super hero comic since Invincible ended a few years back for sure. Definitely carries that mantle of fantastic indie super hero adventures that feel like anything can happen.