Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member

It feels weird how it seems like he's trying to start a universe before he even really has a story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It feels weird how it seems like he's trying to start a universe before he even really has a story.
    The main book is good enough to stand on its own, or tell storys of the other Radiants. No need for crossover or spin offs.

But, I will buy them, because when the quality is good, why should I not?

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

This book and the Supermassive one shot are really the most exciting thing in comics for me right now. I hope the quality continues.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

I just checked out the first pages of the tpb on Amazon and... oof... that hit a little too close to home, as someone who years ago went through a long period of stupid debt and being broke. That nailed the embarrassment, shame, and fear. Not sure if that makes me want to read it more or drove me away. I would like to see this poor guy get to be a superhero now. Of course, as Peter Parker knows too well, that doesn't necessarily solve one's financial problems.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    This book and the Supermassive one shot are really the most exciting thing in comics for me right now. I hope the quality continues.
    I have yet to read supermassiv and Rogue Sun. But RB is one of the best superhero titles out there, right at the moment.

Radiant Black has gotten a five-minute animated adaptation of one of its fights by South Korean-based studio Tiger Animation. Will Friedle provides the voice of the titular hero.

Astonishing Member

Anyone here?

I am still pleased by this new universe. Radiant Black/Radiant Red/Rogue Sun and the next title (something with a V...Verifiy, Vectrum,Vector...I forgot, but its already in my pull list)

Characters are good and distinctive, story flows and never drags. Art is best in Radiant Black, but Rogue Sun and Radiant Red is also nice to look at.

The only complaint I have is...I am still wondering how and what their powers are. I mean exactly. Is it already explained and I missed it? Or is it part of a process, that the reader and the characters experience at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Anyone here?

I am still pleased by this new universe. Radiant Black/Radiant Red/Rogue Sun and the next title (something with a V...Verifiy, Vectrum,Vector...I forgot, but its already in my pull list)

Characters are good and distinctive, story flows and never drags. Art is best in Radiant Black, but Rogue Sun and Radiant Red is also nice to look at.

The only complaint I have is...I am still wondering how and what their powers are. I mean exactly. Is it already explained and I missed it? Or is it part of a process, that the reader and the characters experience at the same time?
    I'm currently reading Radiant Black and Rogue Sun. I enjoy both and am looking forward to Inferno Girl Red.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm currently reading Radiant Black and Rogue Sun. I enjoy both and am looking forward to Inferno Girl Red.
    Yeah, do you know when it comes out?

Dead Lucky is next on the list of this new universe. I really like how they expand, but Image shouldn't over do that. I don't want a new Marvel or DC continuity mess, that comes with an expansion in the long run. And I am not too fond of Shifts backstory in the Image! Magazin. The story is good enough, thats not the point, but I don't want to buy the whole Magazin just for a few pages that interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Yeah, do you know when it comes out?
    I think it's coming out next year.

Astonishing Member

I just read Radiant Black 15. I start to dislike Marshall. He wants the RB powers for himself and is selfish and envious.

He wants Nathan by his side, but only so much. And he fears that the has to give up his powers again. Nathan isn't stupid and knows that (seeing in his micro expressions, brilliantly done by the artist by the way)

Future conflict!

Mighty Member

Radiant black 16 and 17 are nice