Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Captain Britain (616) vs. Superman (DCEU)

Arena.

1: Normal match.

2: Equalized speed.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

What are DCEU Supe’s best strength feats? And what’s the toughest thing he’s damaged with heat vision?

I don’t think Brian can hit him due to massive speed disparity, but equally Supes would have to be pretty far up there to hurt someone that took a hit from Juggernaut so hard it ploughed a trench in the ground for about 3-4 miles but who then got up and went back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    What are DCEU Supe’s best strength feats? And what’s the toughest thing he’s damaged with heat vision?

I don’t think Brian can hit him due to massive speed disparity, but equally Supes would have to be pretty far up there to hurt someone that took a hit from Juggernaut so hard it ploughed a trench in the ground for about 3-4 miles but who then got up and went back for more.
    He has pulled at large Ice Breaker ship over the ice on its side. He also flew around with an apartment building over his head in JL.

Zod's HV cut a skyscraper in half.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Also, the force of him and Zod hitting each other was making shockwaves that were messing up buildings that they were stood on. He also punched Zod like... a mile or so in one hit when in mid air?

Speedwise, Brian doesn't really have the feats to hang with him. Like, he flies quick but he doesn't have especially enhanced reactions that I can recall.

In the even fight... eeeh... I'd personally back Supes after a long fight? I think Brian is more durable but is a fair bit less strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Also, the force of him and Zod hitting each other was making shockwaves that were messing up buildings that they were stood on. He also punched Zod like... a mile or so in one hit when in mid air?

Speedwise, Brian doesn't really have the feats to hang with him. Like, he flies quick but he doesn't have especially enhanced reactions that I can recall.

In the even fight... eeeh... I'd personally back Supes after a long fight? I think Brian is more durable but is a fair bit less strong.
    Brian’s somewhere North of comics Ben Grimm, strength-wise. Probably around Class 90 if we used such things. Is DCEU Supes a legit Class 100 brick then?

Brian’s somewhere North of comics Ben Grimm, strength-wise. Probably around Class 90 if we used such things. Is DCEU Supes a legit Class 100 brick then?
    Is Brian that strong? I've read a fair amount of his stuff and he's seemed to be more like Classic Rogue levels than north of the Thing.

I might be misremembering or he may have gotten powerups. I mostly read the Wonderworld/Fury arcs and the stuff that lead into Excalibur. Alan Davis era stuff.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

FYI Captain Britain is now Betsy Braddock(not Psylocke, who is back to just Kwannon).

She is durable enough to tank Supes blitz/hits and mind whammy him, or magic sword him to death imo. Its 51/49 so nothing concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    FYI Captain Britain is now Betsy Braddock(not Psylocke, who is back to just Kwannon).

She is durable enough to tank Supes blitz/hits and mind whammy him, or magic sword him to death imo. Its 51/49 so nothing concrete.
    Good point. I forgot Betsy’s filling in for a bit (before they reset stuff eventually).

But yeah, Nik. Brian’s a bit strong.

I would generally put Clark in the Class 70 bracket for strength and slightly beyond that for durability.

DCEU Kryptonians had trouble hurting one another.
    - big_adventure

Or maybe they did hurt each other but immediately healed it off? It's pretty difficult to cause any real damage to someone with your bare fists when they're healing themselves off even a little.

And Supes snapped Zods neck pretty easily, so the durability/strength ratio can't have been that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Or maybe they did hurt each other but immediately healed it off? It's pretty difficult to cause any real damage to someone with your bare fists when they're healing themselves off even a little.

And Supes snapped Zods neck pretty easily, so the durability/strength ratio can't have been that off.
    Hard to say. They definitely have some form of healing in sunlight.

The neck break thing was weird. Prior to it, they were shrugging off literally everything, hardly appearing to even get dazed or dizzy from each others assaults. Clark similarly doesnt seem to take any visible damage from Doomsday until Kryptonite gets involved.
    - big_adventure

But yeah, Nik. Brian’s a bit strong.
    You got any peak feats for him? I don't recall seeing anything that has him being above Thing level or even in that ballpark.

Not accusing you of misrepresentation, I've just never seen anything that puts him at that level.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Valid point. Brian has been billed as a Class 90 or so for a long time, but...I'd like to see feats for him as well. Even if it's just 'overpowering other super-strong characters'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I must admit, I don’t. That’s not to say I haven’t seen any, but I can rarely remember specifics these days. Too old!

And it’s entirely possible he’s been misrepresented.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I must admit, I don’t. That’s not to say I haven’t seen any, but I can rarely remember specifics these days. Too old!

And it’s entirely possible he’s been misrepresented.
    I don't believe he has been misrepresented - I recall Marvel basically rating him Class 90 in the past. I think he's supposed to be Class 90.

The issue is that for Rumbles' purposes, if he doesn't have the feats, it doesn't matter what Class he's supposed to be. I've seen him punch around Iron Man. Respect threads have him catching crashing jumbo jets, Superman style, but that's not exactly outside a Class 80 that could fly. Etc.

Okay, here.

Mastermold is a sentinel the size of a skyscraper, easily.

Mastermold.jpg

Brian basically grabs it casually and flies it up to orbit.

Mastermold2.jpg

I'm having problems seeing a Class 80 -- assuming they could fly -- one-handed grabbing this giant, struggling robot and casually flying it up into orbit.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate